John R. Conway

View John R. Conway's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Trading Options On Smith & Wesson: Reloaded [View article]
    up 20% on another great earnings--- now just wait for the pullback and fire again. Both option plays came true for the patient investor, then again since the beginning of the year Smith & Wesson has constantly delivered
    Sep 7 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Options On Philip Morris [View article]
    Started a position in the Oct 92.50 calls @ .89
    Sep 4 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Options On Philip Morris [View article]
    correction noted, thank you
    Sep 3 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Options On Philip Morris [View article]
    Whether you like options or just buying stock both strategies have been good for investors for 2012. Phillip Morris will most likely be a slow mover, but as long as the the movement is to the upside then using a stock or option strategy on pullbacks is the way to go.
    Aug 30 08:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    nope, stuck with my 2 favorite tobacco stocks MO and PM. Overall at these levels I am neutral on CF and would rather wait for $215 level to think about being bearish
    Aug 28 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    "iPhone mostly is a fad business" Do you even own a cell phone??
    Aug 24 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion,

Not short CF, but considering OTM puts ---thanks for the info
    Aug 22 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion,

Feel free to critique my articles and as you know I am always open to criticism. As you already know me and you have different trading styles, but our outcomes are the same and that is to make investors $$ I would feel better if you would post a blog, but I understand you don't want to do that and so I will quit bugging you
    Aug 22 01:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion,

My problem is that you are using this post to get your points across since you don't want to take the time and effort to write your own post/blog. Kevin, currently has 1,661 followers and everytime you make a comment this goes out to everyone of his followers. Rather than put forth minimal effort, you would rather take the time and turn this into your own post then have to build up a following and have to deal with the trials and tribulations.

I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with Apple, since this post is about CF Industries??? "So no I don't got it?"

All I am saying is that it takes a lot of time and effort to go into writing and for myself you are using someone else's post to make yourself look good and point out what you would have done and now are switching to other stocks. I am not asking you to write an article, but simply to do a blog post (which is FREE and takes LESS than 15 minutes) that way the readers can agree/disagree with your points and learn from your style of technical analysis.

Passion, since you have little time, I am even going to help you out and all you have to do is fill in the blanks for everybody to see. (taken from passions post above)

I have 3 primary strategies in my trade plan:

1) Countertrend

2) Breakout

3) Trend

Opportunities and setups are always present-- each and every day

All you have to provide is your thoughts and some stocks for your trade plan ( yes, I get it your an intraday trader, but I'm sure your not just randomly picking stocks out of a hat) and im confident that instead of using Kevin's post, you can make your own comments on your blog. Yes I understand thats easier said then done.

So no Passion I don't got it
    Aug 21 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion,

"I am an intraday trader-- I prefer to post on the fly." Markets are closed now so you have plenty of time to start your blog, But let me guess!!!! you don't have any time right!
    Aug 21 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Call Grand Slam [View article]
    Russell,

Congrats you just just doubled your money. Will you be taking profits or holding on?
    Aug 21 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    I thought this was suppost to be about CF Industries and not Apple??? Cmon Passion you claim you have no time to write an article or a blog post, but you can write comments all day on a article that is not about Apple. If you are trying to educate investors then post your OWN blog (which can be done in a matter of minutes and not days or hours) Using someone else's article to make your points(since you are too busy to do your own) is starting to get old and I feel doing your OWN blog would better suit investors. CF Industries down today and see you at $200

CF industries Down today
    Aug 21 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Options On Home Improvement Retailers' Upcoming Earnings: Lowe's And Home Depot [View article]
    Trade update HD another winner again!!!
    Aug 16 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    gotcha
    Aug 13 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion4DeepITM,

It would be interesting if maybe you could write an article or blog post on Kevin's daily option strategy vs your way/style of trading as possibly listing the pros vs cons just for us readers to get an understanding on how to challenge a particular style of trading vs. another.

As a trader I am always interested in learning new ways/style/theories to trading and your information could be an interesting interpretation, since in a way a particular way/style of trading is like a theory. A theory can be proven/disproved and interpreted in many different ways.
    Aug 13 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment