John R. Conway

View John R. Conway's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion,

"I am an intraday trader-- I prefer to post on the fly." Markets are closed now so you have plenty of time to start your blog, But let me guess!!!! you don't have any time right!
    Aug 21, 2012. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Call Grand Slam [View article]
    Russell,

Congrats you just just doubled your money. Will you be taking profits or holding on?
    Aug 21, 2012. 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    I thought this was suppost to be about CF Industries and not Apple??? Cmon Passion you claim you have no time to write an article or a blog post, but you can write comments all day on a article that is not about Apple. If you are trying to educate investors then post your OWN blog (which can be done in a matter of minutes and not days or hours) Using someone else's article to make your points(since you are too busy to do your own) is starting to get old and I feel doing your OWN blog would better suit investors. CF Industries down today and see you at $200

CF industries Down today
    Aug 21, 2012. 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Options On Home Improvement Retailers' Upcoming Earnings: Lowe's And Home Depot [View article]
    Trade update HD another winner again!!!
    Aug 16, 2012. 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    gotcha
    Aug 13, 2012. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    Passion4DeepITM,

It would be interesting if maybe you could write an article or blog post on Kevin's daily option strategy vs your way/style of trading as possibly listing the pros vs cons just for us readers to get an understanding on how to challenge a particular style of trading vs. another.

As a trader I am always interested in learning new ways/style/theories to trading and your information could be an interesting interpretation, since in a way a particular way/style of trading is like a theory. A theory can be proven/disproved and interpreted in many different ways.
    Aug 13, 2012. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New To Options? The Deep In The Money Strategy [View instapost]
    In my opinion Time is always an issue when trading options, but you are also correct. Just depends on the stock and what is going on in the market. Any Deep in the money calls you are holding right now/reccemondations?
    Aug 11, 2012. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Deep In The Money Calls On Altria [View article]
    Passion4DeepITM

Thanks for the comments and as you notice I am not a daytrader, but am a swing trader and in my opinion can be tougher than daytrading since you are holding on for a longer period of time. As you notice every single article I have written on MO has come true since the article was written over a period of time. In fact anyone that took this recommendation (just like the rest on MO) this call is now worth over 6.00 and you didn't have to worry about anything.

I am not sure if you are on my side or against me, but I am a simple options trader that does not use systems/computer programs/etc. I am not perfect in tech analysis and have taken the wins with the losses. I am not concerned with making anyone fast money, but my only concerns are providing successful trades weather that's $5 or $500. Thank you for providing additional information on pivot points/tech analysis.
    Aug 11, 2012. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Options To Buy The Pullback In Costco [View article]
    Passion4DeepITM,

Thanks for the comments and it looks like we both like deep in the money calls. During the time I liked Costco in the mid 80's range, but with the stock in the mid 90's getting closer to 100, I am just going to stay away for now and wait for a decent pullback to get in. I still like Cost/Wmt using deep in the money calls on pullbacks.
    Aug 11, 2012. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Options On Smith & Wesson: Reloaded [View article]
    R2Q5,

Thank you for your comments and I don't see this as semantics and thank you for the correction, however assault weapons do exist and this just depends on what state one lives in. I write this since there are many definitions over what is an assault weapon from a civilian and military point of view. There are lots of web pages of Gun dealers that carry Smith & Wesson weapons that use the listing assault weapon in front of Smith & Wesson's name.
    Aug 8, 2012. 08:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Trade Update: On 7/31 I got in on the HD 50/55 strangle when stock was around 52.50 for 1.64

For those that jumped on my Lowe's recommendation you have now doubled your money and that strangle is now worth 1.40. There is still plenty of time to get in on both of these trade, just adjust strike accordingly
    Aug 2, 2012. 07:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Call Grand Slam [View article]
    Russell Gold,

Why not just use long Deep in the money calls since you will have significant advantages over out of the money calls. Investors will have a lower breakeven point and the probability will be more in the deep in the money call buyer than the otm call buyer. I understand the OTM calls are cheap, but they are cheap for a reason. But I understand BAC (in my opinion) is still speculative, but one could get an easier grand slam with deep in the money calls than with otm. Either way, I am not disagreeing with you just one strategy vs. another. Good Luck
    Aug 2, 2012. 07:21 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Deep In The Money Calls To Consider: BofA, Microsoft [View article]
    I typically don't rollover and I somewhat disagree with "the best time to roll forward an in-the-money option is when the time value had completely disappeared" at this point it's prob the best time to get out and wait for a lower entry point and longer strike. If I wanted to rollover I would only want to do this to a stock that I wanted to continue playing (T, MO) are 2 examples since YTD they keep going higher, but eventually this will stop. Rollover in my opinion is good when a great stock that has been beaten up has lots of upside to go. (Great in the beginning of this year) Right now i'm not seeing to many stocks that fit my criteria.

Thanks for understanding about the 90 days. Having that extra cushion can really help and also allows you to add to a position while giving you the benefit of time.
    Aug 2, 2012. 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Caution Buying CF Industries Call Options At This Level [View article]
    I have been following Kevin since his first article and have a similar trading style to Kevin's. In my opinion Kevin's trading system/style is using technical analysis to achieve the lowest price possible on stocks that have a tendency to fluctuate a lot on a daily basis. I am not trying to promote Kevin, I am just a follower/fan of Kevin's trading style. In my opinion as an option trader I have been able to learn, explore different styles of option trader and suit them to my needs all thanks to SeekingAlpha. I understand that not every trade is going to produce mega returns, but haven't we all had bad trades? Kevin goog trade wasn't disastrous since he was mainly advising not to trade Google's earnings. There are stocks that people on SA like, but advocateing that investors not invest in them? How is this any different and sitting on the sidelines is better than going into a trade one is not comfortable with.

As for CF this trade to me makes sense. For those that follow CF, CF has struggled with the $200 level and trying to bet higher on a record drought across the Midwest that farmers are going to use more fertilizer isn't clicking with me. Traders buying puts on CF while it was at $200 are now profitable since this article was written. Enough Said--Looking forward to Chicago Bear Football!!!
    Aug 1, 2012. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Don't Be Greedy [View article]
    Sorry can't give up caffeine
    Jul 31, 2012. 10:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment