This user currently has no profile.
Previously a professional in the software industry and currently focused on absolute returns based on investment research and analysis associated with our personal portfolio.
- Description: Occasional Investor. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Foreign stocks, Mutual funds, Options, Retirement savings, Tech stocks
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
One Family's Blog The site presents articles on achieving and staying financially independent. It has a number of related topics including investments, frugal living, exiting the rat race, travel, etc.
Profiting from Hedge Funds: Winning Strategies for the Little Guy Some hedge fund managers and superstar investors outperform the markets by a wide margin over long periods while the greater part of other fund managers and individual investors sadly under-perform the market averages. As these four groups represent the bulk of the market, it is evident the former two ...More
outperforms at the expense of the others. Money moves of the greatest money managers receive considerable press coverage and many investors specialize in coattail investing – i.e. they attempt to mimic the moves of the best investors on the expectation that doing so would help them realize similarly outsized returns. The articles the press put forth every quarter is inadequate for that purpose as they list just the major stock buys, sells, and changes in position sizes of successful money managers. The Edgar system publishes on a quarterly basis the moves made by money managers (superstar investors, hedge fund managers etc.) controlling above $100M in Assets Under Management (AUM). This book analyzes this information and other public information available for a selected set of highly successful money managers to provide 1. A primer on US regulatory filing rules with details on the 13F filing requirements and methods to analyze the reports, 2. Details on the investment styles of twelve of the best money managers (long-only, long-short, special situations, international, bonds etc.), 3. A selection of model portfolios based on the holdings and activity of the money managers selected and its related analysis, 4. Back-tested performance of the model portfolios presented, 5. Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the model portfolios, 6. Winning strategies of the greatest investors and discussion on how to adopt them to your own portfolios, and 7. Strategies to pursue the holy grail of absolute returns. Wiley has graciously made available for free the first two chapters of the book at http://bit.ly/JVincent .
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Latest Comments more »
- Thank you for reading. The ... on Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- The following report filed ... on Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Hi Nate, Thank you for your... on Tracking George Soros's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Thank you for your comment.... on Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Thank for your comment. I a... on Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portf...
Latest comments on John's Articles
- nasdaqmill on Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Jbgoose on Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portf...
- rube123 on Tracking Bruce Berkowitz's Fairholme Portfolio ...
- pensaman on Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holding...
- Lumia_920 on Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
Latest Articles on Fund Holdings
Tracking George Soros's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update Tue, Feb. 18
Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update Tue, Feb. 18
LATEST ARTICLES & INSTAPOSTS more »
- Tracking George Soros's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Tracking Carl Icahn's Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update
- Tracking David Winters' Wintergreen Advisers Portfolio - Q4 2013 Update