Jonathan Bluhm

View Jonathan Bluhm's Comments BY TICKER:

• 6 Reasons To Like Rosetta Genomics [View article]
    I've been buying ROSG shares every time it goes below $3.50. I've sold a couple times above $4 as well. Fantastic long term holder with huge potential upside. It's had strong support in the low-mid $3 range for a couple years now. Safe buy at these levels.
    May 14, 2015. 02:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmerich & Payne Inc. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    Just wondering - HP owners... what is your take on Seadrill (SDRL). Buying the sub $10 prices here? I have owned HP since 2012 but have been in and out of SDRL. I think it is attractive at this price minus the dividend cut, but look for that to be restored when oil surely rebounds and cash flows are back.
    Mar 30, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chicago Rivet & Machine: Graham And Buffett Would Have Loved This Boring Value Stock [View article]
    Thanks Ara. I stand by my bullish call on this stock. I added more at around $31/share last summer and am holding strong. Two other small-caps I own that have been big winners for me are CMT and ACU. See my analysis of CMT here:
    Feb 13, 2015. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Core Molding Technologies: Up 70%, This Small Cap Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Agreed. I added more shares in July of last year, and again after earnings. All in at 12.68/share cost basis. I see $20 by the end of 2015.
    Feb 13, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Turnaround Story At North American Palladium Is Growing Legs [View article]
    I've made some money trading PAL this year, but I agree with you that PAL looks like a buy/hold from here.
    Nov 24, 2014. 03:39 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seadrill Is Not A Falling Knife [View article]
    I think the author misstates his point. SDRL is by very definition a "falling knife." However, that being said, I am in the camp that this is a very attractive buying point for SDRL. The market, as always, tends to overreact and that is the case with SDRL as of late. It may even shift a bit lower and go sideways for a bit from this point. But make no mistake, SDRL under $30 is a great value buy. Of the major players, they are positioned the best for a soft market in the industry, and when things start to rebound SDRL will provide the best opportunity for investors for capital appreciation.

I like SDRL at these levels and have added to my position.
    Oct 3, 2014. 09:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie Mae Ruling Means Ackman's Valuation Is Now $100-$250 [View article]
    I don't see the point of this article. Do you really truly believe FNMA will reach $100, or is this some satirical piece? Because if you do believe that...
    Oct 1, 2014. 09:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT: A 15% Yield With Outsized Risk [View article]
    For the less experienced investor, or ARR shareholder, I found a great read... Here's a little mREIT 101:

I like ARR and will continue to hold at $4.11/share
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Sentiment Indicate A Bottom In Silver? [View article]
    In hindsight this article seemed to have been bad luck, as SIL is down another 20% since publishing. I will hold strong though, maybe adding shares if it goes below $10.
    Sep 22, 2014. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Remain On Sidelines For Events To Unfold [View article]
    SDRL seems oversold. I'm adding to my position this week.
    Sep 16, 2014. 08:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Document Security Systems: This Fast-Growing Small Cap Set To Double In 2014 [View article]
    Give it time, the year isn't over yet. It did in fact nearly double in the weeks following this article, and I sold my shares at $2.25. I got back in last month for $1.29/share. I'm holding for $2 breakout again. It's coming.
    May 30, 2014. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just Energy Group: This Growing Utility Yields Over 10%, Paid Monthly [View article]
    I think everyone is reacting - overreacting - to the CEO's statements on their bad debt. But I look at this as another buying opportunity. I think JE got a bit ahead of itself in terms of share price, I fairly value them at around $7.40/share, so I'll be buying more shares at these levels next week.

I heard a lot of what I wanted to hear from the earnings call - good sales numbers, growth numbers, customer additions. And in terms of the debt, management seems to be just as sick of it as the investors are. They are looking to offload some of their bad investments in the coming fiscal year any way they can - this speaks asset sales to me, which I would be fine with.

Bottom line is they are as committed to their dividend as ever, so much that they continue to look for ways to cut costs and lower their payout ratio. I remain invested in JE as an income stock and will be adding to my position.
    May 17, 2014. 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • North American Palladium -16%, blog says unlikely to avoid bankruptcy [View news story]
    The article was hype. PAL isn't going bankrupt. BofA stepped out today and upgraded the stock and slapped a $1 price target on the shares, who's the real expert - an SA "blogger"... I don't think so. LONG PAL. Production numbers improving while spot price of palladium is close to all time highs, I think I'll be buying more every chance I get.
    Apr 8, 2014. 09:22 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock of GSEs is a zero says Lockhart [View news story]
    Don't get me wrong, I've made a lot of money trading these two stocks, but owning them long term, that's not for me. This stock can still make a lot of people money by playing the weekly buy-ups and sell-offs, but the big picture is that I don't think there is a pot of gold waiting at the end of this rainbow, it won't be the storybook ending so many people are expecting.
    Apr 4, 2014. 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock of GSEs is a zero says Lockhart [View news story]
    I understand the difference between receivership and conservatorship. The FDIC was still the "conservator" for IndyMac, despite it being rebranded into another "private" bank. It happened much quicker in that case, but who is to say that the US Government (FHFA) won't decide to rebrand Fannie and Freddie and do the exact same thing? I think they will, and also think they will get away with it. In either case - conservatorship or receivership, the order of precedence is still the same. In accordance with Federal law, allowed claims will be paid, after administrative expenses, in the following order of priority:
    -General Unsecured Creditors
    -Subordinated Debt

See who is at the bottom there? Bottom line - an investment in either or these stocks is a gamble that each investor must weigh seriously, and follow closely. The risk is a much larger one than I am willing to take. The last case to be heard will be the common shareholders who rushed in and bought this year when speculation started driving these shares high. If longs think they have a case, which they obviously do looking at how many have been buying into the stocks this past year, then why were the shares riding along at pennies for so long? FNMA and FMCC have been making money this whole time, so what changed? Nothing, just hype. It seems nowadays that if you bet on government doing the right thing, you are going to lose. That's the political environment we live in now. I see no "hope" for that to "change." ;)
    Apr 4, 2014. 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment