Jonathan Novinski

View Jonathan Novinski's Comments BY TICKER:
  • In A Down Market Is Netflix A Buy? [View article]
    For everyone who got in on this trade around $450, now could be a good time to take profits. NFLX is sitting around $479 which is around a 6.4% gain from $450. That's decent for a 12 day trade. If you want you could let the 5% trailing stop play out, because that stop is in the money. That means when the stock drops to the stop and you sell you'll still be making a profit. It's purely choice. I hope the article was able to help someone and maybe give people a new perspective on analyzing trades.

Thank you for reading!
    Aug 22, 2014. 04:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In A Down Market Is Netflix A Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. My definition of "buy and hold" is buying and holding forever without doing the research or caring what happens to the price. I think that's a great way to lose money. Holding onto a good stock isn't a bad thing though. You just need to keep up with the company and make sure there's still a reason to hold. I hope that clears everything up a little bit. Thank you for reading.
    Aug 11, 2014. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In A Down Market Is Netflix A Buy? [View article]
    Thank you for the many comments! It is true I'm a fan of Netflix from a customer stand point, and the title should give away my bias. However, NFLX could work very well as a TRADE. I want to make it clear this isn't an opportunity to buy and hold (You should never just buy and hold). That's why I focused less on the fundamentals. I wanted to address fundamental headwinds that could ruin the trade, but otherwise focus more on the trade itself. There's a lot of support behind the company (which can be seen on a weekly chart) and a 5% trailing stop would give enough room for the trade to develop or fail. Since we aren't in the best of markets; don't bet the farm. This was just a trade idea. I appreciate the feedback from everyone and thank you for reading.
    Aug 11, 2014. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Market Game Plan [View article]
    Thank you for the comments everyone.
    Jan 22, 2012. 01:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Market Game Plan [View article]
    Calm is always good to have in a crazy market. I've seen SCCO, but I think they had a problem with the government instituting commodity taxes.
    Jan 22, 2012. 01:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Market Game Plan [View article]
    CMLP's throughput probably will decrease, but i'm a Natural Gas bull. Long term i like CMLP's assets, and I think it's set up nicely for when Natural Gas bottoms. It's only a matter of time before people start using Natural Gas more and more.
    Jan 22, 2012. 01:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Market Game Plan [View article]
    I like how AGNC's dividend is safe. It's hard to find a yield that high that is safe. GMCR's Keurig hasn't over saturated the market either. I have one too. It's great in the morning.
    Jan 22, 2012. 01:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Market Game Plan [View article]
    I agree. I know we will have a correction, i just think it will be later in the year. That's why i told long term investors to say safe until the market really falls and gives us great buying opportunities. My Instablog has my year outlook.

Thanks for the comment.
    - Jon
    Jan 20, 2012. 01:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Is Still Seeing a Correction [View article]
    I need to make myself a little clearer. When my indicators I use tell me there is a correction coming it only means short-term. My definition of a correction is a short period of time where the market can act very volatile or go down. In the long-term I am very bullish on the markets.

To tell you the truth I am not a fan of Chinese stocks. Something smells fishy to me. Every signal one I have seen I thought was a great deal, but I get burned or don't make any good money most of the time. I would stick with US investing. At least that's what I am best at.
    Thank you everyone for the comments. - Jon
    May 27, 2011. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Fool-Based Strategy Produces Big Returns [View article]
    All the sites seem to have different values. Try CNBC, Scottrade/ whatever online broker you prefer, or thestreet. I don't understand how they get different values. That's why I look at more then three sites.
    May 23, 2011. 09:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook and the Stock of the Week: Lululemon [View article]
    I forgot to mention LULU's possible split. Shareholders vote on it in June. If it was to go through the stock would be around $50. Just wanted to include that for people who were turned off by the $96 price tag.

LULU would be a buy Short-term if the market wasn't so choppy.

Thanks for the comments and reading.

- Jon
    May 23, 2011. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook and the Stock of the Week: Lululemon [View article]
    Gas prices will most likely stay in the $85-$100 range. In that range I think companies and consumers will be able to cope with the price.
    As for LULU being overvalued I disagree. Young retailers tend to have high P/Es. In 2002 not so young WMT had a 40 P/E.

The big guys will exit when LULU misses a quarter, or gets overvalued. I don't believe they will miss any quarters. It will be interesting though to see how the next quarter pans out. One of the reasons i have the short-term recommendation on hold.

Thank you for the comments!
    - Jon
    May 23, 2011. 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crestwood Midstream Partners: Dividend Stock With a Bright Future [View article]
    The stock is pretty stable. Seems like the secondary has caused a little volatility, but if you look at the volume when it is down you'll see it is lower then average. The company is very good and has a high potential to raise the already great dividend and go higher in price.

Thank you for the comment.
    - Jon
    May 20, 2011. 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am worried about CMLP dipping under the 200-day, but i still believe in the company even if the stock is bad. I guess I am not much of a strict technician.

I just keep buying a little every point or so down.

Thanks for the comment.