Jonathan Verenger

View Jonathan Verenger's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix: The Case For $1500 By 2020 [View article]
    That's an annualized return of around 19%...not exactly outlandish.
    May 27, 2015. 08:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Could Turn Bloody [View article]
    Too opinionated of an article for me I prefer stats / facts
    May 24, 2015. 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IAC/InterActiveCorp Management Discusses Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    I see you negative on iaci in every article. I'm assuming you're short?
    May 12, 2015. 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fossil's guidance creates some worry [View news story]
    The apple watch is going to be DOA
    May 9, 2015. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keurig Green Mountain misses by $0.02, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Lol yeah he missed that
    May 6, 2015. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update On Virgin America [View article]
    Isn't 10 / 53 nearly 20% growth?
    Apr 24, 2015. 01:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alfa Romeo Is The Final Piece In The Jigsaw For Fiat Chrysler's Brand Strategy [View article]
    Marchionne made mention of Ferrari "slipping into 2016" FYI
    Apr 20, 2015. 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Recent IPO With A Medical Breakthrough For Blindness Worth Billions [View article]
    It seems only fair to mention a stock like MDVN which is up 2000% in the past 3 years when mentioning MDB.
    Apr 14, 2015. 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've seen this mentioned several times but I haven't seen people bearish on MDB mention MDVN for whatever reason: http://onforb.es/1IIPHs9
    Apr 14, 2015. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell The PGA Digital Ally News Long-Term [View article]
    Can I get my 5 minutes back from reading this?
    Apr 12, 2015. 12:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Levy Acquisition Corp.: A Hot Taco At A Not So Loco Valuation [View article]
    Very interesting company. I actually bought shares yesterday. Based on comps to the QSR space LEVY looks really attractive. At 46% ownership of a $620+ Million revenue business, a market cap of $250M means a p/s of about 0.87 on their share of the business. Obviously if they end up owning 100% of the business, their market cap will rise proportionally (through dilution I assume). So I'm assuming the p/s ratio would stay the same. Look across the QSR space (#'s using TTM sales):

CMG - 4.96
    LOCO - 2.80
    HABT - 4.74
    ZOES - 3.73
    NDLS - 1.30

I assume the risk is they don't go through with the deal but that doesn't look too likely. I would think it should rise to at least NDLS's price to sales valuation which is to around $20. I prefer to use this metric only because the balance sheet will be drastically different after this transaction and presumably cash flows / net income will be much higher thanks to reduced interest expense.
    Mar 31, 2015. 10:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of Seeking Alpha, From One Contributor's Perspective [View article]
    Add ability to post comments on the mobile app?
    Mar 28, 2015. 10:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Virgin America: Dissecting The Credit Suisse Downgrade [View article]
    Technically speaking, a test of $30.4 or so would be a great spot to double down if you already have a position.
    Mar 24, 2015. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Virgin America: Dissecting The Credit Suisse Downgrade [View article]
    I wouldn't call it BS, just that it really doesn't make any sense. She points out that they have:
    "a less attractive growth profile than other discounters"
    "and has a narrowing cost advantage"

However, that doesn't jive at all with actual #'s. As I showed above VA is expected to generate significantly higher top line growth vs its peer group with their new planes coming on board and new slots at DCA, LGA, and DAL, and they still have significant room to lower costs as they scale up to a larger company. So I'm frankly unsure where she is coming from with these statements. Just seems like misguided commentary.

The comment about concentration risk is legit, but I know from personal experience how much better the flying experience is with VA than others. I think they have a much more loyal customer base than Julie is giving them credit for. And that shows in the customer service rankings they're getting year after year. I didn't see any mention of this in her note which seems odd to me as this is a huge factor in the success of an airline.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Virgin America: Time To Load Up [View article]
    Interesting comment on SFM. Thanks for sharing that. I get why you bring it up but the main knock against the parallel is SFM trading at an egregious valuation (and in my opinion, still does).
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment