Jonathan Verenger

View Jonathan Verenger's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Steer Clear Of The BlackBerry Dog [View article]
    It's a concern because he has been wrong about the market.
    Apr 11, 2013. 04:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Steer Clear Of The BlackBerry Dog [View article]
    Thanks Seppo. Good luck with NOK. Very cheap stock with a clearly defined catalyst ahead of it and a chart that looks excellent.
    Apr 11, 2013. 03:32 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Steer Clear Of The BlackBerry Dog [View article]
    Shouldn't it be a concern that he has 30% of his fortune out of the market because of worries? I've mentioned here numerous times over the past year that the "worries" about the market are unfounded.
    Apr 11, 2013. 03:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Bull Market Has Legs [View article]
    It is in the mortgage servicing business through its stake in NSM, which is on fire. Recent trends within the company are strong and it pays a good yield. Housing and credit are back.
    Apr 5, 2013. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Bull Market Has Legs [View article]
    Don't worry I'm fully invested. Just look back on my prior articles to see where I have my money. I believe the theme going forward will be centered around investing in economically sensitive stocks, European stocks, and Japanese stocks. Best of luck to you Seeker4.
    Apr 4, 2013. 03:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu Is Cheap But Faces Headwinds From Slowing Search Advertising Growth In China [View article]
    QIHU is not a new entrant. They have had a roughly 12% market share for several years; they were diverting that traffic to Google and Baidu until they launched their own search offering.
    Mar 19, 2013. 03:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu Is A Buy, Dude [View article]
    The mobile business is still developing so I think it's hard to say with any conviction how it will pan out. But keep in mind that leading search brands inherently have huge moats because of the amount of searches people do on a daily basis, which increases the brand awareness. So as the brand becomes synonymous with search, people will use it on any type of device.
    Mar 14, 2013. 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu Is A Buy, Dude [View article]
    What's wrong with that dude?
    Mar 14, 2013. 01:56 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu Is A Buy, Dude [View article]
    "canceled based on feedback from Chinese residents saying the BIDU has done nothing to gain market share in the growing mobile industry"

huh?
    Mar 14, 2013. 01:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy YRC Worldwide Based On Improving Fundamentals [View article]
    Mack - Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. It's going to be a long road for them to get back to where they were but the current valuation at $50 to $60 million (or $130 million assuming fully diluted shares (again, they don't convert until $14 and $34) right now is basically pricing in bankruptcy.

By comparison it used to be a $3 to $4 billion market cap so quite a discrepancy. If they can return to net profits and continue increasing operational efficiencies, I see this returning to a $1 billion plus market cap over the next couple of years. First thing's first, though, let's see if they can generate positive net income by q2 or q3.
    Mar 12, 2013. 02:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Steer Clear Of Qihoo And Its Questionable Management [View article]
    Michael - I have zero interest in shorting QIHU. Instead, I'd rather go long BIDU. Pretty much every "new" search engine launch fizzles out after the initial pop. It makes for good articles and gives the media something to talk about but that's about it.

First mover advantage is huge in this space. I think people will look back on this period and kick themselves for not buying BIDU because they were worried about the threat from QIHU...or worried about mobile monetization. BIDU has a 70% share of a rapidly expanding market. That's a huge economic moat.

One day soon the stock will have a huge reversal and leave a lot of people lying in the dust.
    Mar 8, 2013. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Steer Clear Of Qihoo And Its Questionable Management [View article]
    Hi Michael,

I'm very sorry about that. I actually linked the source to your page when I uploaded this article (or so I thought). I do see that the image is sourced from your screen shot (and the URL includes your name), but this isn't enough. I will make sure they edit this.

My apologies.

Jonathan
    Mar 8, 2013. 11:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Or Coach? [View article]
    I agree that something is amiss with COH. I wrote an article last week advising people to stay away from Coach for the time being.

Mar 8, 2013. 07:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu: Another Day, Another Downgrade [View article]
    Wouldn't this be a reason to be long BIDU?
    Mar 1, 2013. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon Special: Buy A $6 Stock For $4.20 [View article]
    The question is: do I still need an accounting 101 class :)
    Feb 28, 2013. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment