Jonathan Wagner

View Jonathan Wagner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    So something happened yesterday that might start to take the gleam of Tesla.

There might be a chance that GM is bluffing in order to give them more time and to have people put off buying Tesla vehicles, but either way I am going to be watching the stock closely.
    Sep 18 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: As Competition Intensifies, Its Valuation Is Fraught With Risk [View article]
    Nope, Tesla's factory doesn't use production lines for primary construction. It uses several robot arms that change tools as it builds the car, the car is essentially built in one place without moving.

Sep 17 06:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tesla has one of the most advanced car manufacturing facilities in the world, I would recommend you do your research into their factory, there was a pretty good documentary on it.

Saying that a technology company will eventually get competition and fall out of favor is like saying it will rain. If that is your line of thinking you should never invest in any company ever because everything ultimately gets competition.
    Sep 17 01:00 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple's iPhone 5C/5S Strategy All Wrong? [View article]
    I know it is vain, but gold iPhones and a new power pc that looks like a plant pot / trash bin, come on. Apple might be around to say, but man are they starting to look silly. The new products visually don't agree with each other.
    Sep 16 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    I think if Tesla was willing to take smaller margins they can deliver a mass market vehicle with an 85kwh. I think it would be a large mistake to do anything but this to be honest.
    Sep 16 12:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    This is totally speculation on my part, but I think the automakers are already building the prototypes but they are calling them fuel cell cars.

Fuel cell cars are EVs but instead of batteries you have a cell that turns a fuel into an energy. There isn't a very big leap in my opinion to shift from a fuel cell powered car to a battery car.

The main problem I see might be weight, the model s lines the bottom of the car with batteries, I am not sure if the fuel cell cars do the same and if a full fuel cell weighs as much as a battery of similar size.

The fuel cell car is the perfect bridge between EV and ICE. This is why I think Toyota is investing so much effort into it. I think people over look the fact that a fuel cell car is just an EV that is not using straight up batteries.
    Sep 15 11:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    If you're not an investor or are interested in cars, there is a good chance you have not even heard of Tesla. Even though they do have their retail outlets in some of the largest malls, it is still a very small percentage.
    Sep 15 10:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    That's an interesting outlook. I am not sure I would wager on it right now. If data was released or became public and there was a strong reaction or break in price, it would definitely be worth consider.
    Sep 15 09:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but despite the problems with VIN numbers haven't they been used in the past to give a reasonable estimate of Tesla sales?
    Sep 14 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    Start-ups are a different animal and they are accumulated by a certain type of investment risk taker.
    Sep 14 10:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    The supply constraints won't stop them selling vehicles, people will just be put on the waiting list.
    Sep 14 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Sell Or Short Tesla [View article]
    I am not going to talk about the stock price motion, because I think that is a different issue. The charging thing is not an issue, and here is why, actually draw out the range a Tesla can do, once you see it on a map you will see how far this car can travel without need to refuel. People that own Teslas don't have a problem, they plug it in at night and don't care. They don't go seeking charging stations because honestly they don't have to.

I know people who Teslas and there are quite a few comments who can speak to this point a lot who took the time to talk to me in comments about it when I wrote my first Tesla articles with similar issues. Though I imagine they might be starting to get tired of it.

The car is winning all the awards, and is selling a lot of units, it was recently shown that it is the #1 selling car in Norway. Just be aware at a certain point you have to realize that you might be wrong when your own personal opinions about a product are not lining up with what is actually happening.
    Sep 14 10:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    Sometimes I am not clear when I am talking about comparisons. The TSLA to AAPL comparison was strickly a price motion comparison. Peaks and valleys are universal to all stocks. If you truly believe there is a 1:1 stock to business relationship and believe prices are rational, then yes my comparison would be incorrect.

Stock success is not independent of a company's success but I don't believe in a 1:1 ratio otherwise a stock should never leave its P/B value.
    Sep 14 10:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    To be honest, I am not sure how the general population would react to plateaued sales in California. When you have the kind of price motion Tesla is having right now there is a certain level of irrationality, people might come out and start talking about future possibilities being discounted into the stock etc.. etc.. I don't care, I don't believe in that magic.

The question is if that information, assuming it is true, could sway the bulls and right now my initial feelings are "no" because the irrationality is high. There are different events that can cause a parabolic to break down, and one of those events is when a large critical mass decides to start liquidating their inventory to an over eager buying population (taking large ask positions instead of hitting the bids). If you want to sell large blocks with out causing a break, it is actually easiest to do it after a very positive event. This is one of the reasons I think TSLA will continue upwards till at least November 4th. Pump and dump is a great way to clear large amounts of inventory without degrading your price point.

I would also never underestimate the ability of people to come up with excuses. I am not sure if that event alone is enough to overshadow their international growth.
    Sep 14 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All That Matters With Tesla [View article]
    Pat, I will be honest with you. I am cursed, and by cursed I mean I have high accuracy when I am not trading, when I am trading I have a hard time controlling my emotions, I would write biased pieces. My actual portfolio is doing quite well regardless, and my theoretical portfolio that I include high alpha/beta trades is also doing very well, that portfolio includes Tesla.

If I wrote about stocks I have positions in, there would be no objectivity. Also as a general rule, I don't feel the need to reveal how I am actually making money.
    Sep 14 09:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment