Jonathan Wolfe

View Jonathan Wolfe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Facts Show It's Time To Buy First Energy [View article]
    The payout ratio of greater than 100% is only temporary. Future earnings put the payout ratio back in the 70% range, a little high, but not unsustainable.
    Jun 14 10:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facts Show It's Time To Buy First Energy [View article]
    Thanks for your comment Mark. I didn't really even think about the 2016 elections, but that definitely will add uncertainity.

In a market of stocks at 52 week highs, I believe these utilities are a very solid value to park some money.
    May 30 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facts Show It's Time To Buy First Energy [View article]
    Yes, I thought it was a bit amazing too, thats why I wrote the article. The downgrades I thought were unnecessary.
    May 30 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facts Show It's Time To Buy First Energy [View article]
    I can explain why prices went up for June 2014 - the thought was that many coal plants were going to be decommissioned due to EPA rules. The thought was a lack of generation. Now you are seeing uprates at several plants along with natural gas turbines popping up as baseload resources, so I believe that explains the drop now. These auctions are very far in advance and you have to think about what was going on 2, 3 or even 5 to 7 years ago to make sense of it today.
    May 30 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Lower Expected Earnings For Rentech, CVR Partners Is The Fertilizer Stock You Should Own [View article]
    I'm probably in tomorrow as well. I was on the road and didn't watch the market at all today.

I'm a little concerned about the 400 million bushels of corn that were "found", but I believe fertilizer will still be quite strong.
    Apr 4 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Of The Day: Rentech Nitrogen [View article]
    Maybe we can write a Ying Yang twins article. I'll ponder that one.
    Apr 2 10:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Of The Day: Rentech Nitrogen [View article]
    Thanks Chris - just signed up for your newsletter. Makes me sad that many good writers are leaving SA - hopefully you have all left for greener pastures.
    Apr 2 09:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Of The Day: Rentech Nitrogen [View article]
    Nice to see you pop back up Chris. You have been a stranger to any articles about the fertilizer stocks lately.
    Apr 2 08:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Of The Day: Rentech Nitrogen [View article]
    Sorry to hear you bought in at $46. I guess someone is buying at the top. Probably a good dollar cost average opportunity around $32 a share. No interest in UAN?
    Apr 2 07:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Of The Day: Rentech Nitrogen [View article]
    While it is true that RNF does use Natural Gas as their feedstock, I don't believe that is what has driven down the price, or you would see a similar type crash for Terra Nitrogen TNH. This is more due to RNF predicting reduced distributions for 2013 due to maintenance outages, and increased earnings from UAN due to not having an outage this year.

Also please correct UAH to UAN in your article at the bottom.
    Apr 2 06:51 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Let me make an additional comment on top of that. Usually when you start to see a price tumble for corn, you look at some food producers, K, GIS, CAG - but they are all close to 52 week highs. MDLZ might be the only potential buy in that sector - very tough to figure in a market that I feel most stocks are a bit overvalued currently.
    Apr 2 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Burt - you are right, a bit stunning on inventory levels. Where did we "lose" 400 million bushels?

I believe we are safe for 2013, as most fertilizer orders are in - but it does bring up a good question for 2014. RNF can produce more DEF and reduce some supply in that fashion. I'm staying on the sidelines for now, hoping to see a reduction in prices from both of these stocks.
    Apr 2 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment Darren. The issue is storage and pipelines for the natural gas currently. That may be more of an issue for pricing in the near term. Pet Coke will be a fixed cost.
    Apr 2 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This Sony's Big Play To Compete In The Smartphone Market? [View article]
    I'm bullish about the products - but they need to improve their marketing and advertisement. This phone is a true unknown to the majority of consumers.
    Mar 27 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can These Utility Stocks Sustain Their Dividend Yields? [View article]
    Here is an SA article speaking of the dividend cut of Exelons. http://seekingalpha.co...

They went from $2.10 per year to $1.24. I would have loved this article to talk more about why EXC had to cut their dividend.
    Mar 26 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment