Jonathan Wolfe

View Jonathan Wolfe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sempra Energy: A Good Utility Bet With LNG Exposure [View article]
    ETF, when I hear second and third derivatives, I think more of differential equations, and shutter. Korea is building a TON of LNG tankers, in my opinion, too many. Plays on US pipelines and natural gas storage seem high (Even though I wrote an article about the strength of Williams). I will continue to research ideas on this though, and maybe another article soon.
    Feb 28, 2012. 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sempra Energy: A Good Utility Bet With LNG Exposure [View article]
    Yea, I guess my low ball limit buy won't happen. Didn't think the dividend thing would come true so quickly.
    Feb 28, 2012. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sempra Energy: A Good Utility Bet With LNG Exposure [View article]
    The Cameron LNG facility is expected to cost around 900 million when its completed. Not sure how much money has been invested so far. Sempra has also been investing in small utilities in the southeast, that have bigger natural gas storage capabilities. They are definitely prepping for export. Its hard to tell if they are investing in anything else.
    Feb 27, 2012. 09:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sempra Energy: A Good Utility Bet With LNG Exposure [View article]
    Thanks Jackel...I'm in on EXC long as well, hoping that works for all of us.

Which stock are you asking about for the CAPX? LNG has never made a profit, so its tough to figure out exactly what they were spending money on in the past.

I agree that Sempra is a little expensive, and I like to purchase on the dips as well. I have a limit order in, if we see a pullback in the market.
    Feb 27, 2012. 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sempra Energy: A Good Utility Bet With LNG Exposure [View article]
    Cheniere is just a risk based on their debt and lack of earnings. Thats why I said it would be rolling the dice with them.
    Feb 27, 2012. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Risk Vs. Reward [View article]
    Haha chowder, thanks for your comment.
    Feb 26, 2012. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Risk Vs. Reward [View article]
    I say none of them are at a high risk for natural disasters/earthquakes. Their plants are all in PA, NJ or Illinois.
    Feb 25, 2012. 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pitney Bowes: Don't Be Suckered In By The High Yield [View article]
    @Excalibur - After reading comments like this one, it almost makes me want to purchase some puts on PBI, but I don't have the confidence to bet my money like that.
    Feb 25, 2012. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • R.R. Donnelley & Sons Has At Least 60% Upside Potential [View article]
    RRD just closed right down the road from me based on lack of business (people aren't reading books anymore). Read my article on Pitney Bowes http://seekingalpha.co...

This is another company that has a dip right now, looks good on paper and pays a high yield. PBI and RRD are in areas of decline, they both have a high debt ratio, but supposedly a high cash flow. Run and hide from both of these.
    Feb 25, 2012. 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Confessions Of A Retired 1st Year Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Bob - Great first article! I personally have always rode out blue chips falling as long as they still had the cash to pay me the dividend. In some cases, I felt it was a good time to buy more. I'm confident you will continue to learn from your "mistakes" as you say and make more than enough to live and enjoy yourself on.
    Feb 25, 2012. 03:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Quietly Becoming A Dividend King [View article]
    This is a stock with a PE of 11 currently with ever increasing EPS. There is just "no love" for Microsoft currently.

Why do I think there will be appreciation? As I stated in the article, Microsoft goes beyond just the PC world and starts to make a real impact in smartphones and tablets. I think Windows 8 will do that for them.
    Feb 25, 2012. 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Risk Vs. Reward [View article]
    Nearly all of Exelon's nuclear fleet has been approved for license extensions to run the reactors for 60 years, which puts most of them out in the 2030-2040 time frame. Its hard to speculate the future, but there is already talk about going to 80 years, though no action on that front yet. Southern Company has been approved to build a pair of reactors, so I think for many other utilities, it will be a wait and see.
    Feb 25, 2012. 07:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVR Partners: Now Could Be The Time To Jump In [View article]
    He wants to sell the company off at $30 a share. I am a little nervous with him in there, but I think any price point below $30 a share is still good.
    Feb 24, 2012. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Risk Vs. Reward [View article]
    Anthony - Completely agree about SO, and did mention in the article about them being a regulated utility. DUK has a large amount of customers in Ohio, which are involved in Electric Choice, so they are more in line with a company like PPL, which has both deregulated and regulated utility lines. NRG has no dividend, so that is one reason they were not in the running to be compared in this article. Thanks for your comment!
    Feb 23, 2012. 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Risk Vs. Reward [View article]
    Thanks Bill! I remember just after July 4th in 2008, spot prices for electricity were several hundred dollars a megawatt hour and speculation for 2010 and beyond was crazy here in Pennsylvania. Today, the news is a complete 180. As an investor, I'm just hoping for some middle ground.
    Feb 23, 2012. 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment