Jonathan Wolfe

View Jonathan Wolfe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is This Sony's Big Play To Compete In The Smartphone Market? [View article]
    I'm bullish about the products - but they need to improve their marketing and advertisement. This phone is a true unknown to the majority of consumers.
    Mar 27 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can These Utility Stocks Sustain Their Dividend Yields? [View article]
    Here is an SA article speaking of the dividend cut of Exelons. http://seekingalpha.co...

They went from $2.10 per year to $1.24. I would have loved this article to talk more about why EXC had to cut their dividend.
    Mar 26 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can These Utility Stocks Sustain Their Dividend Yields? [View article]
    Where are the numbers for Exelon? You also fail to mention what the expenditures are.

There is currently a lot of government assistance (money) for upgrades to infrastructure. These improvements will pay off big time as the years continue.
    Mar 26 02:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With Lower Expected Earnings For Rentech, CVR Partners Is The Fertilizer Stock You Should Own [View article]
    Thanks for the additional info. A better price than their 4th quarter average, but not quite what RNF got. I'll see if I can dig up any additional information on UAN sales.
    Mar 21 08:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    JDHD - thanks for stopping by to read another one of my articles. I like your approach, though I feel like possibly staggering your entry/exit points could be a boost. Another down day or two for RNF, and my argument is void though.
    Mar 21 08:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree - these are somewhat high beta stocks (especially RNF lately), and investors should have an idea of an exit price and an entry price. A bumper crop of corn could make these stocks fall like Terra Nitrogen did in 2008 and 2010.
    Mar 20 10:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I believe $2.60 is probably a conservative figure based on how they projected in 2012, and current prices. May corn now at $7.30, and not looking back. Like I stated above, I wouldn't sell RNF if I held it currently, but I'd wait for an even lower entry point. UAN is undervalued comparatively for 2013 earnings/distributions.
    Mar 20 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment bowling ball - Read my reply above to pcship. I believe 2014 will be RNF's year, they have a very bright future. The better value today in my mind is UAN.
    Mar 20 06:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I would not sell RNF currently if I held it, but at todays prices, UAN I believe is the better value. If RNF drops to 30 a share, then its a wash.

My belief is that UAN will pay out $2.35-2.40 a share for 2013, and RNF will be in the $2.60-2.75 per share range.

RNF will be the strong horse for 2014, but I believe there will be affordable entry points 8-12 months from now.
    Mar 20 06:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are correct inspector, and I submitted a correction. Thanks again - sometimes you get tunnel vision writing this articles.
    Mar 20 06:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coal Is Dead [View article]
    One note here - if the company declares bankruptcy, the put is worthless. I had this happen with $GMR
    Mar 5 11:49 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Do The Opposite Of What Dahlman Rose Recommends [View article]
    Thanks JDHD - hoping for Sequester Friday or maybe a Black Monday to come to get a purchase. It does upset me with the haphazard upgrades/downgrades.

Appears that UAN is up in after hours trading. Guess the public is happy with 2013 projections.
    Feb 27 09:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    A bit late here to comment, but I expected a number close to their payout (19.2 cents), and they hit 21 cents. I saw they are predicting $2.15-$2.45 a share, and I stated in the article, $2.25-2.35.

Maybe the general (and big) investors are smarter than before, with RNF going up as well as UAN today. Personally was hoping for a bit more pullback.
    Feb 27 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They were inspired by something, maybe the "foolish" downgrade! I only wish I could take credit for that.
    Feb 26 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like that the Monley Fool published a very similar article to mine about 2 hours after mine was published: http://bit.ly/XC3FjY
    Feb 25 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment