Jonathan Wolfe

View Jonathan Wolfe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Do The Opposite Of What Dahlman Rose Recommends [View article]
    Thanks - I follow them for buying opportunities. Dahlman Rose has made me a lot of money in RNF, but as I said, doing the opposite of what they say.
    Feb 25 06:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I don't believe the farmers would leave this land empty though. As I mentioned above, crop insurance at $5.60 per bushel should be incentive enough to plant.
    Feb 25 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I believe something is fishy with all these upgrades/downgrades. The market is still extremely strong for fertilizer, natural gas still below $4.00, so all of this makes zero sense.
    Feb 25 02:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy McGraw-Hill Today At A Huge Discount [View article]
    The tobacco settlements were also a great time to buy into MO and RAI (RJR) at the time, as those stocks went through the floor. BAC is also coming back as a good investment.
    Feb 12 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sempra Energy: A Good Utility Bet With LNG Exposure [View article]
    Thanks Eli. I did capture some profit, but decided to get out before I got too greedy. I was too bullish on one of my favorites (Exelon) and doubled down there. For every great pick or two, I guess there is always a dud.
    Feb 7 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stop Neglecting Oil Stocks [View article]
    Epeon - Thanks for the followup on that. Definitely Kangaroo court in these third world nations.
    Jan 31 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcatel-Lucent Has Lost Its Mojo (Alpha) [View article]
    Or the bread can get mold and you throw it away.
    Oct 4 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    Just one more note I should have added to the last comment - many of the companies are willing to verify facts on articles I write, and even if your approach is bearish, but you give the proper data with some analysis why you feel that way, they appreciate it. I'm sure Rentech doesn't like to see someone publish an article that says, buy now for a 13% and growing yield, when they know they can't support that going forward.
    Oct 4 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    I did email Rentech to see if they would provide some more information or maybe clarification and any 2013 guidance. If I receive information that I'm allowed to publish, I'll either post it in the comments or possibly write another article or instablog post.

Note: It probably won't be til next week, since I'm on vacation and don't have access to everything via smartphone.
    Oct 4 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    KGaider - thanks for some additional information there. Definitely re-review the distribution information. The first distribution of 2012 was for 5 months, and 53 cents is credited towards 2011.
    Oct 3 11:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    Please remember that these are MLP's and you are paid distributions, which aren't tax friendly like dividends. I feel that maybe MLP's have to pay around 8% to be attractive (just my opinion, and what other MLP's and BDC's seem to pay).

Using your logic, you are telling me that AGNC is worth $100 a share minimum as well.
    Oct 3 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    One thing to remember, the $3.30 is also 53 cents from 2011 as well, so true distributions for 2012 are going to be in the $2.80 range.

TNH has pulled back quite a bit even with the run up of fertilizer costs, and its speculation that they will use the held back money for their outage quarter.

RNF in my opinion has to be priced around $31 a share to match the value currently of UAN. Its a complete guess on TNH because they do not issue any forward guidance.
    Oct 3 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft Foods Spin-Off: Should You Buy Kraft Or Mondelez International [View article]
    I have done it by the ratio that they are spinning off as. I did the same thing for PM and MO when they spun off.

The other thing I've known people to do is, if they sold a portion of the stock, they would claim no gain and write down their basis, eventually to the point where they held spun off stock that had no cost basis.
    Oct 2 08:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    Hey daffodil - thanks for reading another one of my articles. Representatives at CVR Partners have told me that their supply of pet coke is safe from CVI for a multi year contract, so even if the companies are sold off individually, it shouldn't be as big of a concern as once thought. It also appears that Icahn has provided value to CVI, as they are around $40 a share now.

It will be interesting to see if CVI lessens their stake in UAN as time contiues.
    Oct 2 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners - Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    Thanks RLP for the explanation.
    Oct 2 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment