This user currently has no profile.
I describe my investing style as opportunistic. Too many times earlier in my career have I been burned by "value-traps", catching a falling knife, focusing only on where the company has been and not where it is going. As a result, many of my ideas take on a growth bias, or have a near-term catalyst. Some of my best investments have been in "fallen angels" or growth companies that hit a speed bump and as result see their multiple and price collapse in a short period of time. I am not married to one valuation technique and try to balance the flaws of each by using them all (or at least the relevant ones). I am disciplined in my approach, having established many personal investing rules aimed at ...More eliminating emotional biases that often destroy capital. My analysis is based on establishing upside/downside targets, being able to understand and model the worst-case scenario, as well the best case. More importantly, understanding what is being reflected in a company's stock price and investors expectations. I am an investor and a trader, I do not subscribe to the "buy and hold" ideology, as one of the worst experiences for any investor is to take a "round-trip" on an investment. I believe in concentration and view idiosyncratic risk as a good thing, or an alpha driver. While I have been wrong more than I would like to admit, and will continue to be wrong in the future, as long as I am right 52% of the time I should continue to do well.
- Description: Full-time Investor. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: Gold, Mutual funds, Stocks - long, Tech stocks
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest Comments more »
- Thank you very much! Decker... on The Great Misconception: Tempur-Pedic
- I am still a believer in Ba... on Buy-Do Or Buy-Don't? That Is The Question...
- Thank you for your comment.... on The Great Misconception: Tempur-Pedic
- "This makes the compan... on Baidu - Why You Cannot Buy It
- Thank you for commenting! I... on Buy-Do Or Buy-Don't? That Is The Question...
Latest comments on Jordan's Articles
- Nitin B. Sharma on Best Bang For Your Buck: How Smith & Wesson Get...
- slainvol1 on Best Bang For Your Buck: How Smith & Wesson Get...
- G-Hammer on Best Bang For Your Buck: How Smith & Wesson Get...
- Jacob Smith on Best Bang For Your Buck: How Smith & Wesson Get...
- jcmeredith1 on Best Bang For Your Buck: How Smith & Wesson Get...