Jordan Kahn

View Jordan Kahn's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Can Apple Be a $300 Stock? [View article]
    I just looked back at this article. It took exactly 12 months from the date of this article for AAPL to hit my price target. Stay tuned for an update--
    Apr 25, 2011. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will This Economy Ever Create Job Growth? [View article]

Yes, I am. If you're so confident the mkt is going lower, put on some short positions. I've been hearing your arguments since the March bottom, but the mkt hasn't seemed to have rolled over yet.

On Oct 02 06:02 PM market ace wrote:

> Gee I wondered who was buying stocks and now I know the skewed thinking
    > that causes someone to actually buy into a market destined for oblivion.
    > A market that not even GS and gov't manipulation can continue to
    > prop up.
    > If you look at the projections for job growth in the US during the
    > next few years there are only three categories expanding - Healthcare
    > (soon to be Gov't controlled), Education (already gov't controlled)
    > and GOVERNMENT. Anyone can see that this will never grow or sustain
    > an economic recovery and that reality will set in soon. There are
    > 35 million on food stamps, unemployment at 17% and 1 in 8 mortgages
    > are delinquent or in foreclosure. This is not to mention unsustainable
    > US debt, artificial interest rates and qauntitative easing. These
    > factors should tell you to keep very tight stops on your stocks as
    > they are not fuel for a bull market
    > I have been getting stopped out like crazy this past wek with 5%
    > trailing stops and loving every minute of it.
    > Are you really buying stocks now?
    Oct 2, 2009. 08:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • More Signs of a Housing Bottom [View article]
    I have no "agenda", nor have I tried to call the bottom in housing ONCE! I have watched prices fall relentlessly for over 2 years, and while I think prices will likely languish at low levels for awhile, I think the worst of the price declines has probably passed. That's all. Just an observation. Ping me next year and we'll see who is right--

On Aug 13 02:10 AM j-dub wrote:

> May I make a request?
    > Please recommend this post if you, as an SA reader, feel the two
    > words, housing and bottom, should not be allowed together in the
    > same title until, oooooooooooooohhhh, let's say April 2010.
    > Hmmmm...........my guess is this author has called 10 of the last
    > 8 bottoms in housing.
    > I'm not sure what his agenda is...has he tried to catch a falling
    > knife with a couple of "investment" properties? Did he buy over his
    > head in 2002 and is praying he stays above water? Is a dear relative
    > of his in financial distress?
    > Not sure, but every month is a bottom and every sputter is a roar.
    > Does he know that unemployment (U3) will fall between 10%-13% and
    > that there is another wave of....
    > Never mind.
    > Enough already- I'm beginning to believe that these authors ignore
    > all forms of reality just to be able to put those two words in the
    > title!!!!!
    Aug 14, 2009. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Summary: Goldman Sachs Shows Impressive Profits [View instapost]
    If it's so easy, then the other big banks should be cleaning up also--
    Jul 20, 2009. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Maybe Lower Volume Levels Recently Are a Good Thing? [View article]
    I am not saying everything is golden, just that the price action looks like it could resolve itself on the upside

On Jun 10 04:20 PM Larry House wrote:

> It would be more bullish if it turns out that way, but that is doubtful.
    > Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. It can't always
    > be a golden shovel. Everything is bullish now, right? What a stretch!
    Jun 11, 2009. 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite Down Day for Stocks, VIX Creeps Lower [View article]
    this was a great call on the VIX. wish I had bought those puts!!

On Apr 08 09:25 AM Mad Hedge Fund Trader wrote:

> And it will continue to do so. There is a great debate raging in
    > the markets right now over the stubborn persistence of the volatility
    > index (seekingalpha.com/symbo...) remaining over 40%. Is
    > it still too risky to go back into the market? Are we going to new
    > lows? Is the next big move an updraft or a downdraft? Part of the
    > confusion springs from a misunderstanding of what the VIX is. It
    > is just a mathematical guess about how big the next move in the market
    > will be. A 40% VIX implies that one out of three days will see a
    > 2.25% palpitation, and once a month we will suffer a 4.5% gyration.
    > You can have the market drop 10%, rise 11.1%, remaining unchanged,
    > but still generate a tremendously high VIX. The equation doesn’t
    > care what the direction is. VIX unfairly picked up a bearish connotation
    > because of the panicked rush by long side only investors to buy downside
    > protection in falling markets, driving put implied volatilities through
    > the roof. This is why investors associate a high VIX with falling
    > markets. In the end, this debate can only be resolved in one way,
    > and that is to the downside. Smart hedge funds are now shorting out
    > of the money calls on VIX. VIX will crash when markets go to sleep,
    > as they inevitably will. Be careful what you wish for. Traders don’t
    > pull down million dollar salaries playing “Solitaire” on their computers.
    May 20, 2009. 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acme Packet: A Small Company With Great Potential [View article]
    Chris,
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    -jordan