Jordan Pease

View Jordan Pease's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dara BioSciences: A Catalyst Primer [View article]
    Hi Jason, no problem. I enjoyed your article and it was full of great information.

Slimjim, have you tried Kmart? I hear they sell specialty oncology products. Buy a t.v. get an oncology drug free.
    Feb 5, 2013. 05:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Star Scientific After Human Trials - The Impact On Commercialization And Value To The Marketplace [View article]
    Cool, I've got some Power Balance Bracelets to sell you Labman.
    Jan 30, 2013. 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fortunately, most investors aren't as gullible as Star would like to believe--which explains today's 6% drop.
    Jan 28, 2013. 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Try this for an experiment, point out one false claim in Adam's article.
    Jan 28, 2013. 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think Adam laid the case out fairly succinctly. Modern day snake oil...
    Thousands have been "cured" by snake oil over the years JC, all these shorts make me sick. How could anyone be short on snake oil!? Hell, even Fred Couples uses snake oil!
    Jan 28, 2013. 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    ouch
    Jan 20, 2013. 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Gord, I doubt PWRD will be bought before the public has a chance to respond to new releases.
    Jan 18, 2013. 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Hi Saltvine, I agree with most everything you said and appreciate the input. I do disagree with the size of the safety net which you state PWRD provides. Considering what it will cost to launch a slew of games in 2013, PWRD needs to hit some home runs. With regards to U.S. profit, I didn't mean it literally, I apologize for the confusion.
    Jan 18, 2013. 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Correct, none of this company's profits come from the U.S., although they did spend $50 million dollars or 10% of their market cap, on a U.S. company, will spend a great deal more trying to make Neverwinter viable in the U.S.
    Jan 17, 2013. 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    I thought, when I mentioned their declining revenue stream I was addressing "their slowing business." I thought, when I talked about how difficult it will be for their new releases to succeed I was addressing "lack of any new successful big games." I think, you can't see the forest for the trees Omer. The article was a summary, and I stand by the summation.
    Jan 17, 2013. 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Here is a question I do have for you Omer, I haven't done any research into Perfect World's 3d engine. What I know is that it is a proprietary engine named "Angelica." How does it compare? There is no ulterior motive in this question.
    Jan 17, 2013. 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    My failure to mention every fact relative to PWRD, in my three paragraph summation of PWRD, found in quick picks, is providing you with a real dearth of opportunities to try to gain followers, however, I do admire your stick-toit-iveness. But, my unbiased opinion of PWRD remains unchanged.
    Jan 17, 2013. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Which part do you doubt, specifically? That they trade with a higher PEG ratio than their competition, that they have consistently performed worse than their competition, or was it my use of Glassdoor.com --the same website Forbes magazine used to create its list of the worst companies to work for in America.
    Jan 17, 2013. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Share price does not reflect the fundamental value of a company, it reflects public opinion of the fundamental value of a company. If you trade to make money then you should care less about fundamental value, and more about the public's opinion of that fundamental value. If it looks bad, then it is bad, perception being reflected in share price. If however, you trade for more noble purposes than money, then by all means invest in what should be, and not what is.
    Jan 17, 2013. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies You Shouldn't Invest In [View article]
    Gord, I think the problem is exactly reverse of what you said. Untrained investors rely too heavily on fundamental analysis, and lack a broader understanding of successful investing technique.

Have you considered the amount of money required to market, launch, and operate each of the games PWRD is releasing in 2013? I can understand being excited by prospects for Dota 2, but lack of bias allows me to ask, what if? Dota 1 filled a vacuous niche, like Everquest 1, and like Everquest 2, Dota 2 is entering a market with overwhelming competition. Everquest 2 switched to a Free to play game not too long ago, mainly because noone was playing it. How badly did that hurt a company with a market cap of 12 billion? Not nearly as bad as it will hurt a company with a market cap of 500 million.

Titan won't be a competitor of Neverwinter?? Every game will be a competitor of Neverwinters -games propped up by companies like Sony and Activision.
    -companies with massive bankrolls and dynamic marketing platforms. And if you want to nit pick, then I'll list some specific MMORPG competion, how about: ArcheAge, Blade & Soul, Bless, Elder Scrolls Online, Everquest Next, Lineage Eternal, Twilight Resistance, Pathfinder Online, The Repopulation,
    Survarium, Transformers Universe, and Wildstar. And what about the games that have already been released, they will be competition too.

What you see as a company with solid fundamentals, with a bunch of hits coming out in 2013. I see as a small company with a marginal revenue stream, about to spend a hell of lot of its cash, to enter a intensely competitive market, with a long road ahead of it till it profits from those games.

Yes, I do believe there is opportunity for PWRD. I wouldn't short it, and I even consider PWRD a marginal catalyst play --catalyst being Neverwinter release date. It reminds me of small cap biotech with a couple of drugs who's patents have run out, with a few drugs about to enter clinical studies.

But you go ahead, drive home the point about how great those miracle drugs are gonna be..
    Jan 17, 2013. 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment