Joseph Brychek

View Joseph Brychek's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3D Systems: $83 Or $26? Pick Your Scenario [View article]
    From a technical chart perspective, I agree - there is too much risk to the downside right now with DDD and other stocks in this sector. Thank you for the update.
    Feb 12 01:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyback? Apple Could Go Private By 2020 [View article]
    Ah, the case of the disappearing comments. I was originally the 2nd author to comment on this article, not sure where my comments are now though.

Do not take the article so "literally" in my opinion. The point as I see it is the absolutely ridiculous lowball valuation that a company like Apple carries.
    Oct 3 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyback? Apple Could Go Private By 2020 [View article]
    Nice article! When you seriously think about the size of a buyback that Apple "could" implement, your article makes perfect sense. Talk about a cash generating machine.
    Oct 2 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    Both rejiii and Lonnie make good points….but I do not agree entirely with one or the other…..

rejiii - you are right, stock splits do nothing for the value of a stock. you now have the same earnings divided by more shares, therefore earnings are reduced on a per share basis and that is why the stock price is immediately adjusted when a split occurs.

Lonnie - your difference between the short term investor and the long term investor is spot on. I have not made my money in the market during the last year by jumping in and out of stocks, it has been by buying good stocks and holding onto them, more of a long term strategy.
    Sep 17 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    If they show 50% growth for the next two years, would that be ok? I personally do not like using P/E as a metric in my own analysis as it has kept me out of many advancing stocks in the past. It definitely is something I will keep an eye on though if it keeps becoming further extended. Thanks for the comment rejiii
    Sep 4 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    gerajohm, thanks for the heads up on the Staples update. I imagine that the rollout will not happen overnight and it is going to be in "select" stores at first to try and gauge consumer demand. Not a good start though from your sample….
    Sep 4 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    gerajohm - thanks for chiming in!

i think that the roll-out to the consumers over the next year will be very key to DDD's growth. I totally agree, while top-line growth is good, organic or internal growth is even better. I think DDD is trying to do both right now. But as I mention in the article, they need to contain costs with all of these acquisitions.
    Sep 3 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    Hi Longboat. I believe GE's entry into this arena is good and bad. Good because it shows the potential of this sector moving forward. Bad because it creates additional competition all vying for these future dollars. Also, not all 3D printers are created equal, it depends upon the type of material that the printer is able to print with and each of the 3D companies offer different materials for different applications.

I think the industry is going to be big enough in the near future for all of these players based on expected growth projections as well as their diverse applications.
    Sep 2 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    Hal, can you please define "last minute releases"? I am not sure what you are implying there.

As far as insider sales go, when I go to Nasdaq.com, I see a net 600k+ shares purchased over the last 12 months.

There were "accusations" of accounting irregularities when DDD was at a prior 52 week high, kind of suspicious timing if you ask me. Could those accusations have been made by a short seller caught out of position? The SEC has not taken any action on these "accusations".

This article in particular was to see if DDD represented a good investment opportunity over the next year or two, not to compare 3D companies. The 3D printing industry is expected to triple in the next few years, and both DDD and SSYS are set to capitalize. You could not go wrong with either company IMHO.
    Sep 2 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    Wayne, I know of a bar here in the Chicagoland area that runs a "parts night" as a promotion. People bring in their broken parts to the bar for new ones since the owner brings in a 3D printer and makes them on demand. There is still hope for your drink holder!
    Sep 2 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems - Accelerating Revenue Shows Promise [View article]
    Lonnie, thanks for the comment. I totally agree, being able to print your own replacement or broken parts on items, whether you are a small manufacturer or even an early adopter, is huge! It reminds me of college when I learned about the "Just-In-Time" inventory process, a revolutionary process at the time to try and eliminate excess inventory since inventory was ordered on an as-needed basis.
    Sep 2 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment