Joseph Harned

View Joseph Harned's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Markets sharply higher [View news story]
    LlAST 20 MINS MACHINE TRADING PROVIDES GREAT ADVANTAGE FOR NIMBLE BUYERS.
    Aug 26, 2015. 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Every Investor Must Know About China [View article]
    Dear SEEKING ALPHA: Please publish CHINA STOCK RESEARCH article ASAP and announce and reference it HERE. Joseph Harned.
    Aug 26, 2015. 04:17 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China looks to regroup after stock market bashing [View news story]
    Dear BrianLeft: You are correct.
    Aug 22, 2015. 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mongolia Weekly Update [View instapost]
    I second the above request! In particular, what has happened to Jon Springer?!
    Jul 14, 2015. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's A Shares: My Biggest Bet In 67 Years Of Investing [View article]
    You are of course correct, generically. But I must add that I am enjoying today's interim results, 7/9/2015, from my first round. Joe
    Jul 9, 2015. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's A Shares: My Biggest Bet In 67 Years Of Investing [View article]
    Dear Tai Yu: I love your astute analysis, and concur that your candle is indeed worrying, but I do not believe the U.S. market is topping. In fact, quite the contrary. Joe
    Jun 24, 2015. 11:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hidden Gems In This Market Cycle's Leading Theme [View article]
    Yes, but which ones catch your eye -- and pass your screen ?!
    May 8, 2015. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon statement says U.S. needs to adjust energy policies [View news story]
    I was and continue to be a buyer of CHK here.
    Mar 13, 2015. 11:03 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite progress, Chesapeake will continue to outspend cash flow in 2015 [View news story]
    I have been and continue to buy CHK today.
    Feb 25, 2015. 05:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Natural Gas Economics: $4 Works; $3 Is Too Low [View article]
    Great conversation. Can any of you gurus quantify the shorts on nat gas ?
    Jan 4, 2015. 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Red Friday For Gold Miners Creates A Trading Opportunity [View article]
    Well done. GDX @ $17. Gold around $1132. At that point I'm back in GDXJ for the trade, repeat, trade.
    Nov 30, 2014. 03:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Amazon Has No Profits (And Why It Works) [View article]
    Dear Benedict:
    Brilliant, eminently well-researched and rock-solid analysis that hit every salient point but one: if so much of the future depends upon growing the 3P segment, what is their megillah? I would argue that their comparative advantage in going with Amazon is that by freeing up their back end of sales and delivery, 3P's get to direct more of their FCF toward innovation.
    Sep 7, 2014. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Properties Trust with 8M share secondary [View news story]
    I really like the prompt explanation, and the clever pr performance accompanying this move. As a stockholder, it gives me confidence in the leadership of the corporation.
    Mar 5, 2014. 07:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of JPMorgan [View article]
    I concur that now is the time to invest in JPM, but suggest redirecting your attention to the warrants, JPMWS, which at ~ $18.70 as of this writing are the better way to go -- in my humble and ofttimes erroneous opinion!
    Dec 27, 2013. 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Remark your calendars as budget/debt deal set [View news story]
    too little too late