View Joseph Harry's Articles BY TICKER:
Union Pacific: A Quick Observation On The Energy Related Sell-Off
- Railroads were hammered by energy revenue concerns.
- Union Pacific was included in this sell-off.
- This didn't seem logical to me.
A Stock Picker Establishing An ETF Portfolio: My Plans For A Roth IRA
- Building a global portfolio with ETFs within a Roth IRA.
- A "set it and forget it" portfolio to supplement individual stock picks in a taxable account.
- Diversification amongst sectors, market caps, geographical regions, and asset classes.
Diageo: A Solid Long-Term Investment, Despite Headwinds
- Diageo's stable of brands is world-class.
- The company's dividend is a solid source of income.
- Many headwinds will continue to be a source of pain.
- Longer-term, the growth story remains.
The Swatch Group Faces Many Challenges Going Forward
- Multiple headwinds exist for the watch industry.
- Swatch basically supplies most of the components in most mechanical watches.
- This will slowly change as it phases out the supply to competitors.
- Shares look cheap, but they can always be cheaper.
Metlife Still Offers Value, Despite Its SIFI Designation
- Metlife was designated a non-bank systemically important financial institution.
- There are pros and cons to this decision.
- Shares still offer value.
3 European Picks To Consider For 2015
- Europe's low growth and political issues continue to haunt it.
- Germany is going against the grain.
- Fallen European blue chips may be worthy of consideration.
AT&T: Classic Value Coupled With High Yield
- AT&T is out of favor.
- Free cash flow is constrained.
- Internet of Things as a new growth outlet.
- High starting yield makes up for the lack of dividend growth.
Year-End Portfolio Review And My 5 Best Ideas For 2015
- Reviewing my current portfolio at year end.
- Analyzing the dividend stream.
- Best investment ideas going into 2015.
Why I'm Considering Buying Into Boeing
- Boeing's newly announced dividend and buyback plan are enticing.
- Earnings were strong last quarter.
- Falling oil prices may have an effect.
- Valuations are reasonable and the balance sheet looks strong.
Artesian Resources: Small Company, Big Dividends
- Water utilities operate in stable, recession-proof markets.
- ARTNA has a 17-year streak of raising its dividend.
- Valuations appear stretched, however.
Connecticut Water: A Stable Dividend Stream In An Uncertain Market
- The market is getting choppy -- time to play defense?
- Everyone needs water; Connecticut Water provides it.
- An impressive 45-year dividend streak is the definition of reliability.
General Motors: Still Bullish On The Back Of Strong Sales
- Sales up by double digits.
- Continued innovation beginning to come online.
- Credit upgrade and improving fundamentals.
Silver Wheaton: The Best Way To Play Silver?
- Silver Wheaton tends to outperform physical silver historically.
- Allows an investor to own a business instead of a commodity.
- Also gives an investor minor exposure to gold.
Why I'm Considering An Investment In GM
- GM's recent recall issues will continue to haunt it.
- This has led to a depressed share price, adding to existing negativity from its bailout.
- High-yielding dividend adds to attractive total return prospects.
Distinguishing Between 'Core' And Financing Debt
- The popular debt-to-equity ratio may not give a completely accurate picture of a firm's true solvency.
- Companies with financing divisions often appear to have abnormally large debt loads on the balance sheet.
- Debt originating from financing units can facilitate growth.
I.D. Systems: An Attractive Investment In M2M And Analytics
- I.D. Systems' revenues are heating up.
- Management is focused on increasing recurring revenue streams.
- Valuations are attractive.
- Profitability is on track for 2015.
Microsoft: Fairly Valued And Heading Into A Year Of Big Changes
- Microsoft is shifting its legacy businesses onto the cloud.
- Satya Nadella's vision is perfect for this change.
- The company continues to grow earnings and revenues at a good clip.
- Microsoft is extremely shareholder friendly with a fortress-like balance sheet.
- The company is entering its fiscal year 2015 focused with a new vision.
MetLife: A Value Play
- MetLife currently led by a solid, shareholder-friendly management.
- Company is de-risking and narrowing its focus on profitable businesses and shareholder returns.
- Regulatory uncertainty still surrounds share price.
- Valuations are historically cheap.
General Electric: Yield And Growth At A Good Price
- Record backlog indicates healthy future growth.
- Narrowing focus should attract higher multiple.
- Increasing dividend and potential capital appreciation indicates solid total return prospects.
- Valuations are attractive.
Kraft: I'm Buying This Dip
- Earnings related sell-off provides an opportunity to "buy the dip".
- Shares are reasonably valued.
- A dividend yield approaching 4% makes the company attractive as an income play.
Revisiting Corning: Is There Still Room To Run?
- Shares of Corning have accelerated upward at a rapid pace.
- The run-up is warranted, given the company's financial performance.
- The company exhibits strong financial health.
- The growth story will likely continue, but valuations appear stretched.
- Holding shares appears to be the best course of action.
Disney: Excellent Growth, But At What Price?
- Disney has an incredible ecosystem and moat.
- The company will continue to fire on all cylinders through the summer.
- Shares of Disney look fairly valued going forward if the growth story remains intact, barring an overall market correction.
AT&T: A Steady Source Of Income
- AT&T is fairly valued with an above average dividend.
- The company has strong financial flexibility.
- Growth opportunities exist going forward.
- Shares are good as a defensive position.
State Street Corp: Why I'm Long
- State Street led the stress test results with its strong tier 1 capital ratio.
- The bank's CCAR plan is impressive.
- The company will benefit from rising rates.
- Follow Cisco Into The Fog
- Microsoft: Cheap And Changing For The Better
- Western Union: A Value Play With A Few Risks
- Collectors Universe: Will Dividend Problems Drop Shares?
- CSX: The Good, The Bad, And The Cheap Valuations
- Wal-Mart: Creating A 'Seamless' Retail Ecosystem
- Numerex: An Internet Of Things Play
- AT&T: More Growth Drivers Ahead?