Joseph Harry

View Joseph Harry's Comments BY TICKER:
ABT, ARTNA, BP, CLCT, CSCO, CSX, DIS, DLB, DPS, EMN, F, GE, GIS, GLD, GLW, GM, GOOG, GRMN, IBM, KO, MCD, MET, MO, MSFT, NMRX, NOK, PG, SLW, T, TSLA, V, VZ, WAG, WMT, WU, XRX
  • Qualcomm: Quietly Expanding Into Healthcare [View article]
    Thanks Greg
    Apr 22, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm: Quietly Expanding Into Healthcare [View article]
    Thanks for the read Steve!
    Apr 21, 2015. 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perfect Portfolio For Retirement Is An Illusion [View article]
    @ Harm,

Why did you pick out slow growing companies companies like IBM and MCD and leave out the Disneys, Gileads, Visas, Nikes, Starbucks, Apples, etc? Last time I checked those companies were DGI companies and are all growing by double digits with solid balance sheets. I found RS's article helpful and applied to my own situation, and found it useful.
    Apr 18, 2015. 02:52 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perfect Portfolio For Retirement Is An Illusion [View article]
    Thanks for the article RS, a good perspective for a younger investor like me.
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:41 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart: Millennials, Groceries, And E-Commerce Potential [View article]
    Thanks for reading Excalibur,

As a millennial myself maybe i'm biased, but I think we will figure it out, and I think a lot of us will be more weary of irresponsible personal debt going forward. Imo we should be teaching more personal finance classes in high school.

We probably won't get the old school pensions going forward either, it seems that 401ks and IRAs are going to be the future, so maybe this will alleviate the entire system going forward as well. Who really knows what will happen though?
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart: Millennials, Groceries, And E-Commerce Potential [View article]
    Definitely not encouraging, hopefully things go "back to normal" next year as far as dividend growth goes.
    Apr 17, 2015. 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart: Millennials, Groceries, And E-Commerce Potential [View article]
    Thanks for reading vmg
    Apr 17, 2015. 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Union Pacific: A Quick Observation On The Energy Related Sell-Off [View article]
    Thanks for reading Swaps.... I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a small batch at $112.66 and plan to chase it down as it dips. I plan to be in this name for the long term.
    Mar 26, 2015. 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think the strike will negatively effect intermodal during the first quarter. Weak numbers next quarter because of this event could be a nice buying opportunity imo
    Mar 24, 2015. 04:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fake News You Can Use: Buy Monsanto, The 21st Century's Greatest Agriculture Company [View article]
    Thanks for the interesting article Matthew.
    Mar 12, 2015. 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Stock Picker Establishing An ETF Portfolio: My Plans For A Roth IRA [View article]
    Thanks for the compliments, Vince, I'm glad you got something out of it.
    Feb 13, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Six,

I've been a proud owner of both WFC and KO for a few years now, so it appears we agree that those are some good choices!

JH
    Feb 13, 2015. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and the kind words surfcove.
    Feb 13, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, but all the companies I rolled the proceeds into also pay rising dividends. The dividend growth rates are either comparable or even more impressive as well. With the exception of GILD, which just announced its first dividend, the other companies all bumped their dividend by double digits and will likely continue to do so.

BND and the other ETFs I plan on buying will be purchased with new money.

To say I don't need bonds now might be correct, but I would rather dollar cost average a small amount into them once or twice a year starting now, as opposed to buying a bunch of them later on down the road. Also, if the market tanks, I can sell the bonds and go bargain shopping for equities.
    Feb 12, 2015. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Brad, good article. Lots of good ideas to consider.
    Feb 12, 2015. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment