Joseph Harry

View Joseph Harry's Comments BY TICKER:
ABT, ARTNA, BP, CLCT, CSCO, CSX, DIS, DLB, DPS, EMN, F, GE, GIS, GLD, GLW, GM, GOOG, GRMN, IBM, KO, MCD, MET, MO, MSFT, NMRX, NOK, PG, SLW, T, TSLA, V, VZ, WAG, WMT, WU, XRX
  • GlaxoSmithKline: An Undervalued 'Work In Progress' [View article]
    Thanks Cronut for pointing that out. My mistake, correction submitted.
    Jul 6, 2015. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Justifying My Position In Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    6228371,

Wouldn't better alternatives be GILD's peers such as CELG, AMGN, or BIIB?

JNJ isn't a growth stock, it's more of an income stock, hence the bullet at the beginning of the article "Great long-term investment for conservative investors, perfect for income investors."

An established dividend streak and a 3% yield backed by a pristine balance sheet is a far cry from a company that's still growing rapidly, has a low starting yield, and hasn't established a dividend growth track record yet.

I'll agree that Gilead is probably a better value if you're looking for capital appreciation, but income is also a consideration many look for in an investment. JNJ's one of the safest companies out there in that regards.

I think that there's room for both in the context of a diversified portfolio, and both are great companies. It all depends why you are buying them, what you're trying to accomplish, and how they fit within the context of your overall portfolio.

Anyways, that's my long-winded $0.02. Thanks for reading and commenting, and happy investing.

-- JH
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:55 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Justifying My Position In Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Well considering it's a cure, Hep-C likely won't disappear but probably will come close one day. I don't want to get into an argument over GILD, I just don't understand why you're bringing it up and comparing it to JNJ.
    Jul 2, 2015. 03:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Justifying My Position In Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    GILD is also a riskier proposition because it gets over half of profits from the Hep C market, doesn't have nearly 6 decades of annual dividend increases, and might not hold up as well if we get a bear market scenario.

Don't get me wrong, GILD is by far my largest holding, but comparing the two isn't exactly apples to apples imo.
    Jul 2, 2015. 02:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Financial Safety Net: My Real World Experience [View article]
    Thanks for the article, I enjoyed it.
    Jun 30, 2015. 07:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When Will Pfizer Finally Turn The Corner? [View article]
    valimont,

You're right that's a typo on my part, my mistake. Correction submitted.

Thanks for pointing it out,
    JH
    Jun 30, 2015. 02:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, And The Curious Case Of Diverging Return On Equity [View article]
    Good point, and I agree that you probably couldn't go wrong buying both at sound valuations. Thanks for reading.

JH
    Jun 20, 2015. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading rosenose.
    Jun 20, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for stopping by Dividend Sleuth.

I would love Coke at 3.5%. Good point with the Quaker brand too, as well as Pepsi's ability to acquire its way to a healthier image.

GIS is a fine company, perhaps for the right price I will pair it with my KO holdings. I think I'd rather own KO and GIS together rather than just Pepsi.
    Jun 19, 2015. 10:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading PendragonY.

I will probably pick up Pepsi shares at some point, when the price is right of course.
    Jun 19, 2015. 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nestle Is Number 1 On My Watch List [View article]
    Thanks for stopping by Mike! I would love a NSRGY dip
    Jun 18, 2015. 05:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nestle Is Number 1 On My Watch List [View article]
    Hi Harm,

I like the international exposure Nestle offers for my overall portfolio, and will probably buy a bigger chunk of it if we get a dip or even a correction. I don't plan to go crazy and buy a huge amount, I'll probably just start layering in slowly.

Thanks,
    JH
    Jun 18, 2015. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Look At Procter & Gamble's Liquidity [View article]
    Thanks for the follow Paul, much appreciated.

I agree that it's quite arrogant and I'd rather they optimize cash collection without passing it off on their smaller suppliers. They can't really extend payables much further either, so this isn't an option for them going forward either.
    Jun 17, 2015. 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Look At Procter & Gamble's Liquidity [View article]
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

I believe they announced a change in 2013:

Another holding of mine, Diageo, announced something similar earlier this year. Not sure if I like this move though.
    Jun 17, 2015. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Look At Procter & Gamble's Liquidity [View article]
    Hi Value George,

Thanks for asking. The current ratio is often considered a liquidity ratio.

JH