Joseph Krueger

View Joseph Krueger's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    I stand corrected by your statements about the first vaccines approved.
    I am not sure if the Russians would agree with your critical statements about their regulatory agencies.
    As far as companies like CVM; I hate CVM, they waste investors money more than most. In contrast to CVM, AGEN has an approved product, with continued progress towards new indications. Whether or not it can gain those indications remains to be seen. Personally, I do not have tremendous faith in the whole field- the development of any type of cancer vaccine- the field has struggled for decades. But companies like AGEN and DNDN are providing good data, demonstrating that their version works. So there you have it. Place your bets accordingly.
    Apr 14, 2010. 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    Actually, when I worte that article, PARD was struggling with at $2. That article, as all are, was based on timing. The article was about near tearm catalysts and trading technicals that could force some positive price action in PARD stock.
    PARD was presenting additional data from their Phase 2 trial using picoplatin in colorectal cancer and also in prostate cancer in the coming weeks from when it was written. They said they were in talks with the FDA for a path forward for picoplatin in lung cancer. I discussed how any of these could create some interesting news to drive price. On the technical side, PARD was oversold, trending toward accumulation and a return to positive moving averages. With an underlying 25% short position held in the stock, the "perfect storm" of conditions for a massive short squeeze was possible. In fact, looking forward to these things, the stock did see a 20% run-up to $2.50ish.
    So despite your criticism, I was indeed right. If you are going to assign full responsibility to me for "costing readers hundreds of thousands of dollars" then give me full credit for the "hundreds of thousands of dollars" readers made.
    But as you know, the news on all those developments, more than a month later, was not percieved as positive, and the stock sold off to its current levels.
    The last time I checked, there was risk in the stock market. Why did investors think GS worth $180 in June 2008, $50 in November 2008, and now think they are worth $180 again?
    THINGS CHANGE.
    In my honest opinion, PARD is dead now, there is virtually no hope for picoplatin or the company, who had eliminated every other drug discovery and development program to try and salvage picoplatin.
    Apr 14, 2010. 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    I wish that were true, I could get rid of my 15 year old car I drive to work every day. Look at my past articles and you will see that most of my articles are not followed by the volume surge seen with CPRX and AGEN. Lightning strikes twice sometimes.
    Apr 13, 2010. 08:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    I am speculating that new information is on the horizon, given the stated March 2010 completion of the data follow up for the renal carcinoma study and the "mid 2010" timeframe for the glioma trial data release, all falling around ASCO. Buy on rumor......
    Apr 13, 2010. 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    I do not receive any compensation for writing articles, and I allow anyone to publish them freely provided they do not edit the article content. My articles regularly appear on Tapebeat.com, occasionally Biomedreports.com if requested, and eventually show up on other news portals.
    Apr 13, 2010. 11:10 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    I do like CLDX, I was heavily invested in CRGN before CLDX bought them. I like CDX-011 (formely Cro-O11). My complaint about CLDX is that they are moving way too slow in their trials.
    Apr 13, 2010. 10:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    The purpose of the article is to:
    1) Downplay the Provenge hype some using AGEN as an example
    2) Discuss the remaining value in a "failed" cancer vaccine
    3) Point out some potential near catalysts for AGEN related to ASCO season

I dont find this article to be extremely bullish at all, nor do I continue on about how Oncophage will cure cancer like the DNDN people do. I
    do happen to be long in AGEN because its market cap is so low, but I am not long in all the stocks I write about. I sure wish I was long in CPRX, for example.
    Apology accepted.
    Apr 13, 2010. 10:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    In my opinion, if a trial doesnt result in approvable data, for any reason, it is a failure. Trials don't just fail because the drug is ineffective; many times they fail due to poor study design, patient compliance, errors in following protocol , etc. As you surely know, many trials are simply extended to include a larger population to fix some of these errors, or patients excluded, and result in approval.
    Apr 13, 2010. 10:41 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Antigenics Should Emerge From Dendreon's Shadow Soon [View article]
    excellent points, wall diver.
    Apr 13, 2010. 08:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catalyst Pharmaceutical: Fast Track to Big Rewards [View article]
    It is a bit early, but the market cap is, er, was, very low. They have sufficient cash to finish the phase IIb, where partnership would be in order.
    Apr 13, 2010. 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosetta Genomics: Giving Isis and Alnylam a Run for Their miRNAs? [View article]
    I will double check where I got my book value from. They recently raised capital through an equity offering which increased their cash position.
    Apr 12, 2010. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prolor Biotech: A Solution to Big Pharma’s Problems [View article]
    I agree, hGH is first. I would think that we should hear about an hGH partnership soon-Teva would make sense but there are several other potential partnerships from the manufacturers of Genotropin, Humatrope, Norditropin®, Nutropin, Saizen, Serostim
    Mar 28, 2010. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somaxon, soon a buy-out target? [View instapost]
    congratulations, you win!
    Mar 18, 2010. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prolor Biotech: A Solution to Big Pharma’s Problems [View article]
    I dont at all think it is a coincidence that PBTH's furthest along product is hGH, given the relationship between PBTH and Teva. PBTH's product will be superior, due to its long half life, requiring far more infrequent dosing. There is no reason that Teva cannot market both- in fact PBTH's product would not compete with all the existing synthetic hGHs out there (Genotropin®, Humatrope®, Norditropin®, Nutropin®, Saizen®, Serostim®) and give Teva marketing edge.
    I cant answer your specific question, as there is no way to know if PBTH would seek partnership elsewhere; but given the strong relationship with Teva through Frost, I dont think that is likely to happen.

PS. although the pricing of todays private placement is bad, it is definetely good news for the company.
    Mar 18, 2010. 04:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somaxon, soon a buy-out target? [View instapost]
    We will see. I am not long or short on this; it is too risky to go either way in this case. Good luck, I hope you and your readers do well.
    Mar 12, 2010. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment