Joseph Poma

View Joseph Poma's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The morning after: Futures little-changed [View news story]
    uh... -9.00 on the S&P futures is flat? SA you might want to update...
    Apr 11 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: On The Road To Fair Value [View article]
    Gladly, you're drunk on all the 3D hype that has been fed to you.
    Mar 13 10:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: On The Road To Fair Value [View article]
    Have you fallen off your rocker???
    Mar 13 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: On The Road To Fair Value [View article]
    Uhh.. well the last 2 statements don't make any sense.

That's akin to saying your willing to take 10% interest, even if the REAL interest rate is -2%.

And not all spending is created equally. You can't just make a blanket statement that says increased spending = staying ahead of the curve.

On a side note... You don't seriously see DDD going to $1000/share by 2025...do you?
    Mar 12 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thank Vladimir Putin For This Week's Bank Of America Gains [View article]
    When I assume usually I get some moron to spell it out for me...
    Mar 9 04:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Big downgrade and higher rates take piece out of mREITs [View news story]
    uh...yeah, sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not doubling your investment every 18 months. That would imply the dividend is >60% annually. Might want to check your math! :-)
    Mar 8 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thank Vladimir Putin For This Week's Bank Of America Gains [View article]
    I wouldn't use your friends surprise reaction to share price as a buy signal. Did you tell him the market cap of the company or the number of shares outstanding? Share price is a meaningless measure of value if you don't know any better as you say your friend does.
    Mar 8 03:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Markit expects major dividend hikes at BofA and Citi [View news story]
    8 - 10 cents per QUARTER?! Sorry buddy, but I think you're dreaming, at least in the short term.
    Feb 24 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Outerwall flies after results, guidance, Redbox hire [View news story]
    LOL...Jim Chanos cover his shorts yet? Guy tought the DVD was going to die, and maybe it will, but not for another 5 - 10 years at least.
    Feb 10 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GoPro confidentially files for IPO [View news story]
    GoPro is best in the industry. Even TV studios use their cameras on a regular basis.
    Feb 9 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Biopharma -17% after report rips painkiller drug sample giveaway [View news story]
    Isn't amazing how SA gives credit to one of its bearish authors when the stock move coincides with a published article, but when the stock takes a bullish turn which coincides with an article publication, SA is mum.... interesting, just making observations....http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 7 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Four downgrades for Twitter; unfavorable Facebook comparisons made [View news story]
    LOL! "Not some service that no one uses..." I'm sorry did you see the DECLINE in timeline views? Keep buying, I'll be the one selling it to ya!
    Feb 6 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter -11.2% AH. Guidance strong, but Timeline views drop Q/Q [View news story]
    Interesting, as a high school teacher I'm fortunate to have at least perhaps a little insight on student activity in social media. I've had many former students seek me out on Facebook (not so much on twitter where I only have an account to get current news). I'll be opening up discussion with my economics class tomorrow and with other students I have through out the day to get a better idea as to how the younger generation views social media. I'll be sure to post my findings.
    Feb 5 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry guys, don't try and justify it. Didn't they say something like 75% of views were mobile? What do college kids leave their phones at school when they go home for break? Do they just stop tweeting when they go on vacation. NOPE! I'll talk to my students tomorrow and get some different insight, but the way I see it, there is no justifying decreasing timeline views.
    Feb 5 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Data licensing revenue growth expected to be flat... that's a little disappointing. Wasn't that one of the big ideas for long term investors, that Twitter was supposed to be more than just another advertiser, but instead have a diversified revenue plan...
    Feb 5 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment