Joseph Poma

View Joseph Poma's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Sava wins best reply to an SA article...ever!
    Oct 1 05:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Right, but just because someone doesn't click on an ad, doesn't mean they ultimately don't support the business... otherwise why would we have high way billboards?
    Oct 1 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: An Ethical Short [View article]
    As for your snide remark Gadget, If I use hypothetical assumptions then I declare them as such and support why I am making those assumptions.
    Sep 30 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: An Ethical Short [View article]
    Sorry, but you try to give yourself credibility by saying this is x% likely to happen, but you don't break down the information you used to derive your fictitious percentages. Now if you had said that 75% of companies with certain characteristics have experienced x,y and z troubles, then maybe I would have given value to your extrapolation. I have to tell kids all the time, don't make up numbers because you think they are right. Numbers are precise and if you are going to use them, you had better well back them up. You have no idea, you are clueless about the actual likelihood of an event occurring, so if you want to mask that, use phrases such as "I believe it is likely" etc., but certainly don't belittle the value of numbers or act as though you are some actuarial savant.
    Sep 30 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: An Ethical Short [View article]
    I started reading your article and was initially impressed. But being a math teacher, as soon as you used hypothetical, and might I add, completely arbitrary, percentages, you immediately discredit your reliability. Why do you believe there is a 70% chance of significant changes to accounting. Why not 68% or 71%?

You have proven yourself to be just another bear, or maybe lemming the way you all jump off the cliff with Ackman. You write articles and post on Twitter because you have nothing left. You are willing to sacrifice your reputation (or what is left of it) for a bad trade. Know when to admit defeat.
    Sep 30 11:11 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    It's not all about "buying what is advertised". As a small business owner, I advertise my business on FB and the results are convincing. Sometimes it's not about selling your product but creating awareness.
    Sep 28 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Touche, but you know what I'm saying.
    Sep 26 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    CB radio fad? You mean to tell me there were over a BILLION global users of CB radio's at any point in time? Was a user ever able to share their pictures, videos, birthdays, event information, likes and dislikes etc. all over a CB radio?! hmm.. Maybe I must have gotten the knock off brand then because my CB couldn't do any of that!
    Sep 26 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Wow... did you really just say this???
    Sep 26 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Great logic...now dare we use that same logic to justify TESLA's outlandish overvaluation? Didn't think so...
    Sep 25 03:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Lack of a dividend??? REALLY? Why take cash out @ 3 or 4% when the company can use that to develop products with IRR's well greater than 4%?
    Sep 25 02:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Investor RockieK, as a teacher, I can very definitively say that your sample is a bad source. As a teacher I have discussed with other friends (whom are also teachers) and we all arrive at the same conclusions... students, despite rumors of migrating youth, are just that, rumors.
    Sep 25 02:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Soon To Be A Shell Of Its Former Self, Like AOL [View article]
    Let me join the masses and "+1" your article...oh wait, there is no one to join...this clearly exhibits your "Google + is a fierce Facebook competitor" argument. Maybe I should share it on LinkedIn! Wait, no one has done that either (the one person who clicked that link was myself to test it out, don't get excited, I didn't share it). So, please, author, tell me again how you think there are competitors in the social networking business? WAIT! I know, you must be talking about MYSPACE!!! (wait that can't be right, didn't Facebook steal the majority of their entire user base?).

All you bears are crazy if you think Facebook is going to go away or will become what AOL was. It is entirely different. Facebook is more than a social network, it has become a social investment. It is the only platform (on a mass scale) that has successfully created a domain for our virtual selves. It's integration into Apple products displays its ability to stay around and be an effective growth company.
    Sep 25 02:53 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife hits new highs as DA Davidson suggests buyback may be close [View news story]
    ...yeah, because that's happening now. Seems to be reflecting in the stock price....
    Sep 18 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa: Undervalued With Significant Growth Ahead [View article]
    By that logic, no stock would ever make new highs because everyone would be avoiding them when they reached the previous highs.
    Sep 17 09:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment