Joseph Poma

View Joseph Poma's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Is Not Worth $460 [View article]
    HAHAHAH! The Z10?!?! That is a great joke!

... oh wait... you were serious?
    Aug 2, 2013. 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Not Worth $460 [View article]
    Growing revenues is not going to be an issue if Apple comes out with a true television and not just a set top box. Integrated iTunes, potential for touch screen, their own video streaming service, the possibilities at that point become endless. While I'm not a fan about the chatter of an iWatch, you can't say this company has lost its sense of innovation just yet. LONG AAPL
    Feb 20, 2013. 10:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    I'll gladly get off of the "iTouch" debate!

When the Chinese markets open up to Apple, then, and only then I believe, will we have to start to worry about under-supply issues. The Chinese population is pretty segmented in terms of income, however those with the disposable income are sure to want an iPhone. What do you think, with 200M subscribers...another 20M in iPhone sales? 10%?
    Sep 16, 2012. 04:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    Very valid point, kids don't know how to communicate orally...scary.
    Sep 16, 2012. 04:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    I understand and will agree with your point. It shows a lack of professionalism in using the street name in the title, I concede. Thank you for the response.
    Sep 14, 2012. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    That seems to be the natural progression.
    Sep 14, 2012. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    It is pricy, however Apple was smart in adding the lanyard. A simple object, yes, but it brings along with it the connotation that this is not just a gaming/WiFi device. With a 5MP camera and easay to shoot panoramic pictures the iPod Touch can replace the stand alone digital for many people.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    Honestly I am curious to see myself how the whole iPad mini event plays out. If you ask me I think it will only cannabalize sales from the regular iPad. People who are buying the iPod Touch are not buying it to read books. It is a portable entertainment with a wide array of functions. The mini iPad, despite being "mini" will not be a convenience.

Think of it this way. If it is small it can slip into a pocket unseen. If it is larger it is easier to hold, especially when carrying books and other items. A mini iPad would be more of an inconvenience to truck around because of its intermediate size. All my opinion though.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    I'm with you entirely. I get my free flip phone from Verizon every year with my basic cell plan and then anything extra I could ever want or need is covered by my convenient, easy to carry iPod Touch.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    Yes, the iPhone will dominate, that's why it is getting all of the hype, and it is all well deserved. What I am saying though is that the iPod Touch is being severely undervalued for what it can contribute. I will concede that for those people who are already paying for data plans but do not have an iPhone, the move away from the iTouch will be easy, mostly because the iPhone 4 is now offered free.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    As I mentioned before, go onto Google and begin to type iTouch into the search engine. You will see the entire "suggested searches" fill with "iTouch" items. The only reason why this would happen is because there are plenty of people performing the same searches calling it an iTouch.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    Again, for the first time the iPod touch is more than just an iPod. It is a camera also and Apple knows that it can market it in that direction. The 1080p HD video recording and 5MP camera are the very reason why the company gave it 32 GB of memory versus the 16GB of the previous base model. Anyone who says that it is too expensive just doesn't realize what this device is going to be capable of.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    See above. I can't believe so many people are "outraged" by my calling it an iTouch, a name that is commonly used for the device.
    Sep 14, 2012. 09:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    The beautiful thing about Apple is that there is a product for everyone regardless of their daily routine. The iPod Nano is small, convenient and now comes with an enormous amount of memory capacity. I would be going that route for her.
    Sep 14, 2012. 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTouch: Apple's Real Weapon [View article]
    Fair enough, a valid point i'll concede.
    Sep 14, 2012. 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment