Josh Arnold

View Josh Arnold's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Procter & Gamble's Unsustainable Dividend Growth: Something Has To Give [View article]
    Tim, I think you may have missed the point of my article. "Net profits" is a meaningless accounting metric and does nothing to say whether a company can pay its dividend or not. FCF is decreasing while the dividend is increasing and this condition cannot persist forever.

Thanks for the comments,
    Josh
    Oct 28, 2013. 05:50 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thursday Thump: Delusional Systems Kick Back In [View article]
    Caladesi, you have to understand that Phil and other socialists don't care about the future consequences of their present actions. Phil thinks people who earn money have "lucked into it" and as such, they must be punished to give money to unproductive people who are unwilling to work for it. Phil, and President Barry for that matter, don't give a crap that our debt is completely unsustainable and you can tell they have no basis in reality when a deficit that has finally dipped below $1 TRILLION is called "austerity". There is no reasoning with these people who just spew class warfare rhetoric and don't believe that anything should ever be paid for as long is it takes care of "the little guy", otherwise known as people who don't want to work. There is, however, a seemingly endless supply of people like Phil and Barry who just want to make people "happy" by giving them money they don't have to earn and don't bother to consider the consequences for future generations. The fact that Phil thinks its okay to inflate our way out of debt incurred through reckless spending is absolutely terrifying to me. I'm pretty sure Barry thinks the same thing because he will be retired and a multi-millionaire by the time the you-know-what hits the fan with our national debt, and he won't care then anymore than he does now.

So to answer your question, with socialists, there is no such thing as a sustainable path and there is no end to the addiction.
    Feb 14, 2013. 12:19 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: How Safe Is The Dividend? [View article]
    Based on your comments, I don't think you actually read my article. Or perhaps you just didn't understand it. I didn't say the company was going out of business, I just said the dividend is being funded with borrowed money. Also, if you think Coke has "always" traded at all-time highs, perhaps you are incapable of reading a chart.
    Apr 15, 2013. 06:50 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Giving Regulators The Finger [View article]
    karu, I appreciate you reading my work but I do have to disagree. Nobody was forced to take a mortgage they couldn't afford. Nobody was forced to buy some investment they didn't understand. The thought of removing all personal responsibility from the "victims" in these cases is wrong. The banks aren't evil, they're just trying to make money like everyone else. Yes they did some things they probably shouldn't have but that doesn't mean they should be coughing up tens of billions of dollars to the government. The Justice Department is simply using banks as ATMs right now and it's wrong.

Thanks very much for reading and commenting.

Josh
    Jul 10, 2014. 02:16 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Becoming Irrelevant [View article]
    Pts, I'm making the point that while phablets are a small part of the market now, in a few years, they won't be. Apple needs to address that.

Thanks for the comment,
    Josh
    Apr 30, 2013. 07:12 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shorting Netflix Looks To Be A Really Good Play Right Now [View article]
    I agree with the author's thoughts wholeheartedly but it doesn't matter. If valuation mattered we wouldn't be having this conversation. Of course NFLX is ridiculous at $240 but it doesn't matter. As long as people keep buying it shares will keep going up. The thing was overvalued at $100 and $150 and $175 and $200 but here we are. I wouldn't try to short this thing because you can get killed. There's no way to accurately value a company that is valued solely based upon people's willingness to keep throwing money at it. It keeps going up until it suddenly doesn't but there's no way to know when that will be.
    Jul 25, 2013. 07:08 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jack In The Box: No Growth Catalysts And Unjustifiable Valuation [View article]
    "Don't have time to read the whole article, but I'm not sure why anybody can claim that JACK doesn't have growth catalysts."

Perhaps you should read the article to find out.......
    Jun 27, 2013. 12:10 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Becoming Irrelevant [View article]
    larry, I hear you but consumers are saying they want bigger devices and Apple is ignoring them. That's all I'm saying here. Millions of customers are voting with their wallets and they're voting for other phones than the iPhone.

Thanks for the comments,
    Josh
    Apr 30, 2013. 07:13 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fiscal Thursday: To Cliff Or Not To Cliff - That Is The Question [View article]
    I think it's hilarious that you socialists are always okay with taxing SOMEONE ELSE to fund your profligate spending on wasteful crap and people who don't work for their stuff. Never ceases to amaze me that you never bother to think that maybe we're spending too much money and that the problem isn't too little taxes.
    Dec 20, 2012. 12:30 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Why It's Going Higher [View article]
    MexCom, the upgrades mean the investor world is finally realizing what you and I already knew, BAC is cheap!

Thanks for the comment,
    Josh
    Apr 24, 2013. 06:54 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testy Tuesday: You Call This A Pullback? [View article]
    So, if I feel I have a "right" to own a car, I can just come to your house and take yours? After all, you're richer than me so I should be able to confiscate your stuff in order to participate in those activities to which I am entitled. Please send me your address so I can come by and "take back" some of the wealth you have, as I am part of the bottom 90%.

Thank you.
    Mar 19, 2013. 11:59 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • STEC: Trading Near Cash Value, 140% Upside Potential By 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for the article, Ashraf. Terrific content, very well done.
    Feb 11, 2013. 12:40 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whipsaw Wednesday: Down And Up We Go [View article]
    I love how it is always the evil Republicans' fault for the mess we're in. Repulicans AND Democrats deserve blame for the situation we find ourselves and Phil, your attitude is the reason Congress can't accomplishing anything. People like you who just instinctively blame the other side, regardless of the facts, are the reason we have a completely dysfunctional government. Congress is full of people with exactly the same mindset.

Thanks for spreading hatred.
    Jan 9, 2013. 12:11 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE: A Hedge Fund In Disguise [View article]
    Joe, I didn't just figure this out, however, I think investors should know exactly how much GECC dominates the consolidated company and that is what I was trying to expose with this piece.

Thanks for the comment,
    Josh
    Dec 31, 2012. 12:17 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just How Reasonable Is A Free Amazon Smartphone? Apple Provides The Answer [View article]
    Awesome analysis Paulo. Unfortunately it won't matter just like every other time Amazon has chosen to lose money. Thanks for the insight.
    Sep 8, 2013. 08:54 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment