Josh Burwick

View Josh Burwick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will Lastline Make FireEye Need A Lifeline? [View article]
    My comment on Palo Alto being one of the emerging companies in this space refers to thier new technologies such as 'Traps' unveiled recently spawned from their Cyvera acquisition.
    Oct 3, 2014. 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lastline Make FireEye Need A Lifeline? [View article]
    I couldn't make a commitment to work full time for PTT and write regularly (ie monthly and even weekly) given my other constraints thus the move to SA where I can write when I have time. Have I had bad picks (BSFT, ECOM) sure but I also have had great picks like FEYE short at the top.
    Sep 26, 2014. 07:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lastline Make FireEye Need A Lifeline? [View article]
    Again thats a Sand Hill East client reference.
    Sep 26, 2014. 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lastline Make FireEye Need A Lifeline? [View article]
    I never changed my Linked In profile, dont know what you are talking about.
    Sep 25, 2014. 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lastline Make FireEye Need A Lifeline? [View article]
    I have no relationship with Lastline, including any cash or equity. Andy has his own relationships which are under the Sand Hill East umbrella.
    Sep 23, 2014. 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lastline Make FireEye Need A Lifeline? [View article]
    I havent written anything on ECOM on SA, it was a PTT pick. I no longer write on PTT. I still like ECOM and yes its been a bad pick.
    Sep 23, 2014. 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    PTT is Poised to Triple, apologies
    May 27, 2014. 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    I much prefer PANW and its starting to get interesting down here. I love their acquisition of Cyvera, I know the company and their technology is the real deal. PANW has a line item in budgets for firewalls so it's an easy sale and they have a product refresh ahead of them. In addition with Wildfire (APT) they can go into their accounts and upsell it albeit only as a cloud service for a 20% premium. Compare that to FEYE that has no budget line item and is quite pricey.

FEYE is less about price and more about time elapsing. Need to move beyond lockup and the tech growth selloff (if it ever ends).

Speaking of the tech selloff, a new idea of mine that I love on the long side is at an unreal level that I am adding to aggressively on this selloff. Check out PTT and find out the name and why I love it.
    May 7, 2014. 03:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Stock still has May 20th lockup coming. I am surprised stock broke 30, I thought $40 was realistic near term downside but then again I didnt see tech coming under attack like this. At today's price stock trades at 9.6x EV to '14 revs and 6.0x '15 still not "cheap"even for a growth stock. For those wanting to own it, you should wait to buy the upside rather than catch the falling knife as FEYE holders like other growth tech holders are being forced to sell here and who knows when that ends.
    May 7, 2014. 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    I think still too early to buy but I have covered my entire position as my downside target was $40. Hopefully others made some money on this one as well. Now time to look for some longs.....
    Apr 30, 2014. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    I would use weakness here to cover a good portion of short after the correction. I think ultimate downside to 40 but not the same compelling risk:reward it was when we initiated the sell recommendation
    Apr 11, 2014. 09:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Citigroup initiated on FEYE this am with a Neutral despite the selloff and $60 price target fyi.
    Apr 4, 2014. 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Apr 3, 2014. 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Do you mean your cost basis on your long or short?
    Mar 25, 2014. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    I never questioned the quality of Mandiant, rather the need to buy vs. continuing to partner especially with a services heavy business.

FEYE has a great solution but so does Last Line at a fraction of the price.
    Also PANW with Cyvera will make Wildfire very formidable.
    Mar 25, 2014. 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment