Josh Burwick

View Josh Burwick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    COD doesn't compete directly with GTA5 but it does compete in terms of wallet share and gamers only have a limited time to play games.
    Jun 3 07:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Do you think Hearthstone will compete with GungHo's Puzzle and Dragons game?
    Jun 2 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Excellent points. Thank you.
    Jun 2 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    gotcha. thx
    Jun 1 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Thanks for the comments. What was major reason you stopped playing WOW? Will you be persuaded to rejoin with newest expansion pack? thanks again
    Jun 1 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Looking back, Vivendi started shopping ATVI back in the summer of 2012 when the stock was $11-12 . From WSJ article in March 2013- "Before considering a buyback deal, Vivendi also tried to sell its roughly 60% stake in Activision Blizzard, but was unable to find a buyer, according to people familiar with the matter. "
    Jun 1 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Problem is ATVI is a massive company $17 bln mkt cap, 12.5bln EV. Acquirer would need to pay a premium likely 25% min so $22bln mkt cap, that's a pretty big sum. Company was shopped a while ago and there weren't interested buyers or else Vivendi would have gladly hit the bid and sold it as they desperately need the cash. If you are a buyer, why would you buy a company where their cash cow is declining rapidly? If I were looking for a video game publisher to buy I would direct my attention at TTWO especially before GTA V in September. If you were worried about a takeout, I would go long TTWO short ATVI or just buy atvi puts.
    Jun 1 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Used Game Virtuous Cycle Game Over, Good Night GameStop [View article]
    Just general marketing with investors. They usually just meet with their top holders and do hand holding. Explains strength yesterday. Assume more marketing today and maybe next week. They are among the most perma bullish management teams I know.
    May 31 09:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Used Game Virtuous Cycle Game Over, Good Night GameStop [View article]
    fyi gme was marketing yesterday with funds
    May 31 07:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Close Pandora's Box Now [View article]
    Excellent points. I am a Sirius subscriber myself but 100% b/c I listen to Howard Stern and he is exclusively there. However, when I listen to music I far prefer Pandora to Sirius or any other alternative. Thanks again for the thoughts.
    May 30 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Close Pandora's Box Now [View article]
    They will start renegotiation talks in early 2014 fyi
    May 28 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Close Pandora's Box Now [View article]
    I think the primary reason for the selloff is hedge funds definitely were aggressively long into the number. I heard this from a couple trading desks. Also the miss on the advertising line was concerning to some. Combine that with some saying maybe this qtr was an anomaly with sub adds b/c of the cap and they sold given the big ytd run. I think a new CEO to articulate a sound strategy would be a big big catalyst to this story as I dont think current CEO does a great job of exciting investors.
    May 28 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Close Pandora's Box Now [View article]
    Thanks. How often do you see a quarter where numbers go up 50%+ and stock is down? My rule of thumb is wait for third day after a dislocation so tomorrow should be day to buy.
    May 28 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Close Pandora's Box Now [View article]
    Thanks for comments. You are correct that $16 bln is radio industry, I mistyped and should have read- "has a dominant position with 70-75% of the Internet radio market, a subset of the $16 bln radio market" but tough when no editor and this isn't my full time job. Also its pretty clear that Internet radio isn't a $16 bln market.

As for your assertion that Pandora has always actively engaged in rate-setting process, here is excerpt from their 10k-

" Proceedings to establish rates that will be applicable to our service after 2015, known as Webcasting IV proceedings, are expected to commence in January 2014. While we did not participate in the prior proceedings to establish royalty rates for non-interactive webcasting services, we currently expect to participate in the Webcasting IV proceedings. At that time, webcasters, including us, will have the opportunity to enter into voluntary settlement negotiations with SoundExchange, and failing that, will participate in formal hearings before the CRB to establish rates."
    May 28 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Close Pandora's Box Now [View article]
    They are set to renegotiate in 2015 and for the first time are actively participating in the talks. That would be the big catalyst.
    May 28 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment