Josh Burwick

View Josh Burwick's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Read The Fine Print: What Xbox One Really Means For GameStop [View article]
    I think publishers are staying quiet now as they try to negotiate deal(s) with retailers. Not only do retailers have the ability to ban used games but I would think they have ability to impose a window on when game can be traded in which also limits used games. Investors reacted to no ban on used games w/o thinking it through. Great opportunity to short
    Jun 8 08:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Looking back, Vivendi started shopping ATVI back in the summer of 2012 when the stock was $11-12 . From WSJ article in March 2013- "Before considering a buyback deal, Vivendi also tried to sell its roughly 60% stake in Activision Blizzard, but was unable to find a buyer, according to people familiar with the matter. "
    Jun 1 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World Of Worry For Activision [View article]
    Problem is ATVI is a massive company $17 bln mkt cap, 12.5bln EV. Acquirer would need to pay a premium likely 25% min so $22bln mkt cap, that's a pretty big sum. Company was shopped a while ago and there weren't interested buyers or else Vivendi would have gladly hit the bid and sold it as they desperately need the cash. If you are a buyer, why would you buy a company where their cash cow is declining rapidly? If I were looking for a video game publisher to buy I would direct my attention at TTWO especially before GTA V in September. If you were worried about a takeout, I would go long TTWO short ATVI or just buy atvi puts.
    Jun 1 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Used Game Virtuous Cycle Game Over, Good Night GameStop [View article]
    Just general marketing with investors. They usually just meet with their top holders and do hand holding. Explains strength yesterday. Assume more marketing today and maybe next week. They are among the most perma bullish management teams I know.
    May 31 09:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Used Game Virtuous Cycle Game Over, Good Night GameStop [View article]
    fyi gme was marketing yesterday with funds
    May 31 07:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gamestop: Negative Catalyst(s) Finally Emerging After Years Of Waiting For 52-Week High Darling [View article]
    You are correct, typo, one of the downsides of not having a proofreader. Although given last cycle might have been best to say MSFT the most important unveils details next week. Thx for keeping me honest.
    May 16 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Is Amazon's Next Victim? Not Who You Think... [View article]
    And now Google appears to be coming full force... http://nyti.ms/12Wwsrl
    Mar 15 01:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    PTT is Poised to Triple, apologies
    May 27 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Stock still has May 20th lockup coming. I am surprised stock broke 30, I thought $40 was realistic near term downside but then again I didnt see tech coming under attack like this. At today's price stock trades at 9.6x EV to '14 revs and 6.0x '15 still not "cheap"even for a growth stock. For those wanting to own it, you should wait to buy the upside rather than catch the falling knife as FEYE holders like other growth tech holders are being forced to sell here and who knows when that ends.
    May 7 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    I think still too early to buy but I have covered my entire position as my downside target was $40. Hopefully others made some money on this one as well. Now time to look for some longs.....
    Apr 30 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Citigroup initiated on FEYE this am with a Neutral despite the selloff and $60 price target fyi.
    Apr 4 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Apr 3 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Do you mean your cost basis on your long or short?
    Mar 25 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    I never questioned the quality of Mandiant, rather the need to buy vs. continuing to partner especially with a services heavy business.

FEYE has a great solution but so does Last Line at a fraction of the price.
    Also PANW with Cyvera will make Wildfire very formidable.
    Mar 25 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Fiddle While FireEye Burns... [View article]
    Thx. It seems as though the Target IT folks turned off a certain function because it was giving a lot of false positives.

PANW is getting very interesting now that they have Cyvera. I know Cyvera it is amazing technology and will make PANW very formidable comp to FEYE.
    Mar 25 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment