Josh Young

View Josh Young's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Drop In Oil Prices 'Going To Make Things Ugly... Quickly': Dallas Fed Data Out [View article]
    SLB is down 28% from its peak earlier this year, I wouldn't call that unaffected
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Civeo Blows Up: More Bad News For Texas [View article]
    Civeo itself will have a di minimis impact on Houston, as Mark is right, most of their facilities are not in Texas. The point is, energy companies and companies that serve the energy industry directly or indirectly are suffering. And this will translate to a substantial negative economic impact.
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    SLB is down 28% from its peak earlier this year. I wouldn't call that unaffected
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I'm buying select undervalued E&Ps that have traded down too much and shorting oil economy related stocks that haven't traded down yet.
    Dec 29, 2014. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not, I am shorting specific companies that have untenable financial situations. Are you?
    Dec 29, 2014. 07:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Major, thanks for the comment. I'm honing in on what specifically to focus on. I've take some small specific positions that I'm not yet ready to talk about.

I actually got this idea from an astute friend who lives in Houston. He pointed out that the homebuilders were way over their skiis in the area. But I think before the homebuilders get hit, ... gets hit
    Dec 29, 2014. 07:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Right? It will be interesting to see how they word next month's release!
    Dec 29, 2014. 04:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bbro, thanks for the comment. I agree there is some difference between the areas, but my understanding is that a lot of the mineral rights and shares in companies are held by people based in Dallas, Austin, etc. And that oil money has been used to fund a lot of the growth in those areas, similar to how Dubai has no oil but is a beneficiary of neighboring Gulf states that have oil
    Dec 29, 2014. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Texas manufacturing activity picks up pace [View news story]
    Yorick, there were orders that are being filled, but new orders are harder to come by, so things may slow down next year
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Liquidity Curse [View article]
    I haven't seen this phenomenon in the oil and gas sector
    Dec 29, 2014. 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Texas manufacturing activity picks up pace [View news story]
    I wrote an article about this, waiting for it to get through the editorial process...
    Dec 29, 2014. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Asset Manager BlackRock Gave Me The Willies About 2015 [View article]
    Really interesting article. How do you think local recessions in the US might fit in? http://seekingalpha.co...?
    Dec 28, 2014. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Black Bear Is Unleashed [View article]
    This is really interesting. I talked about one of the implications here in the US from lower oil prices here... http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 26, 2014. 12:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy 'Crisis' Is A Drop In The Bucket [View article]
    I think this article downplays the risk of actual underlying economic issues from the drop in Oil price. See whats happening in Texas ... http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 26, 2014. 12:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Sector Layoffs May Soon Alter The Jobless Claims Trend [View article]
    Thanks for sharing your perspective. I think it will be worse than many people think, as I discuss in my article about a potential recession in Texas in 2015 http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 25, 2014. 09:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment