Josh Young

View Josh Young's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Baytex Bids To Buy Out Aurora Oil: Investment Implications [View article]
    Randy,

There is a 50 to 1 conversion between the Australian shares and US ADRs (and then a USD to AUD conversion should be taken into account).

I've made numerous investments in the company at different prices, ranging from ~12-16 cents per share, translating to $5.40-7.20 per ATXDY share.

Before making a comment like the one you made above implying unethical practices, it is worth doing a modicum of diligence. And ultimately, even though my cost basis happens to be very close to the current share price, that should not affect the investment prospects going forward one way or the other. I wish you were right and that I had bought my shares for 1/60 of the current price!
    Feb 20, 2014. 07:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Baytex Bids To Buy Out Aurora Oil: Investment Implications [View article]
    Obviously not
    Feb 14, 2014. 12:28 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baytex Bids To Buy Out Aurora Oil: Investment Implications [View article]
    Thanks. LEI is a "cleaner comparison" from an acreage perspective but Austex has the rapid production growth and Australian listing in common.

I think Baytex would be a more likely joint venture candidate for LEI than an outright buyer, but either way, it could be very beneficial for LEI to have Baytex active in the area.
    Feb 11, 2014. 10:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Boardwalk Blows Up - $3 Billion Of Market Value Evaporates In One Day [View article]
    Devon is both not particularly cheap AND not growing particularly quickly. Austex is trading at ~1/3 of its proved reserve value and is growing rapidly.
    Feb 11, 2014. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree regarding best of breed independents. But since they are so expensive, I go down a level and invest in rapidly growing E&Ps trading at large discounts to reserve value. Like Austex.
    Feb 11, 2014. 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is certainly one perspective. But CVX has been SHRINKING while OUTSPENDING cash flow. Not a recipe for good investment returns going forward. I wrote an article about this - http://seekingalpha.co...

The point of my article is that just because something seemed "safe" or "secure" does not mean that it is, despite strong historic returns. And that despite seeming "unsafe", certain smaller cap investments can offer a substantial margin of safety and can outperform going forward.

Looking in the rearview mirror at investment returns only gets you so far.
    Feb 11, 2014. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If you're looking for interesting undervalued, high growth energy stocks, you might find this one interesting: http://seekingalpha.co...

And if you're looking for yield, you might find this one interesting: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 11, 2014. 01:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investing In Abraxas Could Be Your Best Bet For 2014 [View article]
    I'm curious, if you think its a good investment, why don't you own it? Your disclosure says you don't own it.
    Feb 10, 2014. 11:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Utica Shale: Antero Revises Down EUR Estimates For Condensate Window [View article]
    Agreed, although Cabot is putting upper higher EURs than that.
    Feb 7, 2014. 07:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PetroQuest Energy: Recent Operations Update Highlights Lucrative Risk Reward Opportunity That The Market Is Not Seeing [View article]
    Price to cash flow is not an appropriate measure given the 3x debt to ebitda measure you cite in the article - isn't a better metric EV/EBITDA?
    Feb 7, 2014. 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Mississippian Trust I: Oil Volumes Disappoint Again [View article]
    David, this is an article from 2011. There has been years of production history since then. If this article were correct, SWN would be producing ~1/2 of what it is currently producing...
    Feb 5, 2014. 12:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Mississippian Trust I: Oil Volumes Disappoint Again [View article]
    Bill, thanks for sharing, really interesting study. I dug into Berman's work a while back. I am contrarian by nature so it was appealing, and something seemed wrong about the EURs companies were booking. But I think the study you pointed to seems more accurate and comprehensive.
    Feb 4, 2014. 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Top Idea Explained In Non Technical Language - AusTex Oil [View article]
    I most recently bought ATXDY, perhaps that answers your question?
    Feb 3, 2014. 02:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Mississippian Trust I: Oil Volumes Disappoint Again [View article]
    Yeah, the MLPs and the trusts are pretty different.

Great article as usual Richard.

Question for you, if you're looking in the Mississippian, have you looked at Austex? Seems like it would be right up your alley- plenty of well results and data in their area, and radically undervalued...
    Feb 3, 2014. 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon, Chevron, Conoco And Shell Disappoint [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. The company has not yet disclosed its annual reserve report. Analysts are saying to look for it in mid-February. So we may see the level and value of their reserves then.
    Jan 31, 2014. 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment