Judy Weil

View SA Editor Judy Weil's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Inland Empire Could Lose 11,000-18,000 Jobs This Year - Housing Tracker [View article]
    Glad it's useful-- thanks!
    Judy
    May 26 03:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • China, Japan Claim Minimal Impact From Subprime - Housing Market Tracker [View article]
    Dear Liouweqing,

I've tested the link myself and it brings me to my email preferences. It should offer you a page with a choice of email preferences. The Housing Market Tracker is in the Housing section of Seeking Alpha.

In any case, I've forwarded your comment to our tech team to see if there's anything amiss.

Best,

Judy
    Apr 15 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Housing Market Tracker - Subprime In Large and Small Banks [View article]
    Dear John the Bear,

I'd be happy to try and answer your question, only I'm not sure what you're referring to by 'mark-to-market'. Marking what to market? Commercial-backed paper? Commercial assets? Residential assets. Let me know so I can help.

-Judy
    Apr 9 02:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Housing Market Tracker - Foreclosure No Big Deal Anymore [View article]
    Hey-- you're welcome! Thanks for the nice feedback,

Judy
    Mar 5 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Housing Market Tracker - Subprime Slump Hits Tennessee [View article]
    Dear Fat Arby,

My 'columns' are not meant to contain a thesis, or a conclusion. Seeking Alpha's housing roundups are direct quotes of important data points, taken from articles on different aspects of the U.S. housing market. Topics range from the subprime crisis to the macro-economic effects of the housing slump, to actual sales, price, foreclosure, etc. data from all over the U.S.

The goal is to provide the reader with a balanced survey (I try, anyway) of what is going on in the housing market in order for an investor to be able to formulate his/her own informed opinion of which way things are heading.
    If I ever decide to include my own interpretation, I'll be sure to let you know.

All the best,

Judy
    Mar 2 02:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Housing Market Tracker - Reverse Mortgages Up, KKR Down [View article]
    You do have a point, however indelicately made. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

-J.W.
    Feb 21 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Housing Market Tracker - Subprime Affects Prime [View article]
    Dear H.O.,

That's always nice to hear-- thanks!

-Judy
    Feb 12 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TheStreet.com Redesign [View article]
    Hi Mark,

Glad you like the Housing Market Tracker-- but no worries, we aren't getting P.C. on you. We actually shortened the title so that we could add on more of a description of what the post contains.

Some Market Tracker's contain macro information, some are about homebuilders, some are subprime-related, and so on. It makes it easier for the reader to choose only what interests him/her. And hey, the shorter the title the better. (Less is more-- see above!)

I hope, however, that the title doesn't give it a bias. The point of the Market Tracker is to present quotes taken from articles-- without commentary on our part-- so that readers can form their own impressions about what's happening in the U.S. housing market.

Either way, we really appreciate your feedback. It helps us to see what works and what doesn't. So feel free to keep commenting on the good and the bad.

And for the record-- I'm with you 100% on the videos.

All the best,

Judy
    Feb 5 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Brief History of "Rogue Traders" [View article]
    Enter your comment here
    Biotech, hmm... Good question! Thanks for pointing it out.- Ed.
    Jan 28 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment