Juggler

View Juggler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Glad it was a good read for you, thanks.
    Apr 19 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    The board actually seems to really want him at least after 2020, since they've given him 1million shares if he stays until then.
    I'm not saying that he should be fired - quite far from that -, but I think that he has been too passive in the face of this falling knife that is AAPL.
    Apr 19 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Well said.
    Apr 19 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    MF, there's no way Apple would have been worse with SJ still alive and well. As for the cheap shot to TC, I simply think that I'm no position to tell him what to do or not to do. I'd simply like him to do something (possibly quite smart) with that cash. There are many start-ups and grown companies with a lot of talent that could be extremely accretive to Apple.
    skleiniv, I share many of your points. While I do think that puck is correct saying careful to "a CEO has to do whatever it takes for the shares to go up", I'm convinced that he shouldn't have allowed this downfall without doing anything. As I said in the article, those who are paying for this are the only the retail investors.
    Apr 19 03:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Davel, indeed the market is currently giving Apple a ridiculously low valuation - but that's only a part of the story that I tried to tell in the article.
    More than looking at mere fundamentals I put a lot of focus on the technicals (which have driven the stock for the last six months) and on next week's release.
    To me, it's an opportunity to buy more, but I want to look at the numbers Tuesday before, and especially see how the market reacts.
    Apr 19 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment! Indeed a dividend boost seems likely, but I wouldn't count on it, especially since the yield is now not so far from 3%.
    I'm actually confident that the growth investors will pile back in as soon Tim Cook decides to churn out one of the great things that seems to be in the pipeline.
    The fact that currently the market has less confidence in Apple than in Dell is ludicrous. Apple sub-$400 could be the once in a decade buy-opportunity.
    Apr 19 02:59 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    As much as taking Apple private makes sense (the whole Apple mentality and culture makes the company look much more suitable for being private than public: in fact, SJ had always seen Wall Street as nothing else than a necessary evil) nobody really has the money - not even Apple itself (yet). Interesting thought though.
    Apr 19 02:51 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Glass Already Banned: Why It Will Fail And Why You Should Not Buy Google On This Hype [View article]
    Great points, thanks for the comment!
    Mar 21 07:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Microsoft For The Long Haul [View article]
    Thanks for your comment.

You raise some good points, however there's a long route between where Microsoft stands now and bankruptcy. What the article suggests is that MSFT is going down, not going to 0.

I mean, the stock has been dead money for 10 years+ when they had 0 competition. This scenario has changed and Microsoft has not managed to position itself correctly for the future market.
    Mar 19 11:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Microsoft For The Long Haul [View article]
    There are many stocks with a better valuation than MSFT. The article focuses on the implications a massive slowdown in PCs may have on the company's income.
    About XP, maybe, but nobody says that these corporates have to necessarily move off XP quickly and, most importantly, that they have to buy other Windows PCs: now there is much more to choose from than 10 years ago.
    Mar 19 11:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Microsoft For The Long Haul [View article]
    What you say may be absolutely correct, but the Samsung co-CEO (of whom I'm not a fan at all by the way) is not saying that the Galaxy S4 is better than a Lumia, he's saying that consumers prefers Android over Windows.
    And not only they prefer the Galaxies over the Samsung Windows phones, but they clearly prefer the Galaxies over the Lumia as well: Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumias in Q4. That number stays at the Galaxies as the Surface's numbers stay at the iPad.
    Mar 19 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Great link: the video really makes you think a lot. I do hope this is not where we're heading to
    Mar 11 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You're simplifying the matter a little bit here... Dark sunglasses are actually a good example: it is considered bad manners to present yourself to somebody you don't know or even greet somebody with dark sunglasses on.
    Then try to wear dark sunglasses in a bar, maybe at night: you'd look pretty weird, probably people would think that you're blind.
    Mar 11 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX: Can It Rise Further? [View article]
    That's not always true: I bought some shares in summer 2011 which turned profitable just recently.
    Mar 9 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX: Can It Rise Further? [View article]
    I don't know where you get your data from, but it differs from mine (which corresponds to that on Gfinance): they earned 0.60 in 2012.

As for the forward P/E, I don't like to invest based on analysts estimates. I think that IMAX is a great company, just a little bit stretched now.
    Mar 9 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment