Juggler

View Juggler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • (Almost) Kudos To You, Mr. Cook [View article]
    Agree. Actually a consolidated close below these level would mean further weakness coming. Strong supports I talked about in the article? Gone in a day.
    If the stock closes below 450-445 at the end of the week 405 might easily be the next step.
    Sep 16, 2013. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • (Almost) Kudos To You, Mr. Cook [View article]
    As said as it can be, Atkins may very well be right. Until Apple doesn't pull a hat trick that can get the growth back going the smart money will prefer chasing evanescent P/Es (just look at some at the S&P best performer YTD and you get an idea).
    Still they seem forgetting that even at 0 growth Apple could buy 1 YHOO a year (not that it would be a good deal, but still).
    Sep 16, 2013. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • (Almost) Kudos To You, Mr. Cook [View article]
    Thanks. I think the 5S might actually sell better than the 5C in Asia - or at least get really close. Given the narrow price difference, many people buying it for the status are going to skip the plastic to get the real deal.
    Sep 16, 2013. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • (Almost) Kudos To You, Mr. Cook [View article]
    Screen size is something that will be most surely shortly addressed, Cook hinted at it himself in the last few months. I don't see a phablet coming though, probably something more in the 4.5-5 inch area: too many compromises between the two categories and nothing real of either of them. It is not even said that demand for this phones is going to grow sustainably. In any case, a bigger iPhone would not be a game-changer.
    Good analogy, User. I don't think that Cook is only numbers though, pretty sure he learnt a few things from Jobs in 10 years+ about product vision too.
    Sep 16, 2013. 05:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are In The Reign Of Uncertainty [View article]
    MishaF, thanks for your comment.
    The Mac actually hasn't reaped 50% of PC sales, it has helped, but the slowing in these latter should be attributed to the iPad and the rise of the tablet /smartphone in general.
    What is astonishing about the Mac is that with less than a 12% share of the PC market it managed to rake almost 50% of the market's profits. Arguably, though, the Mac contributes way less than the iPhone to Apple's bottom line (15%-20% compared with 50%+ of the iPhone).
    You're right, I might have done a better comparison, but my point was that, for diverse reasons (recounted later in the article), Apple's profits from the iPhone could shrink (not that it is any news, but the citation that I posted offers an interesting point of view on the way it could effectively happen), with this latter going therefore "the way of the Mac".
    Jun 23, 2013. 06:29 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Glad it was a good read for you, thanks.
    Apr 19, 2013. 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    The board actually seems to really want him at least after 2020, since they've given him 1million shares if he stays until then.
    I'm not saying that he should be fired - quite far from that -, but I think that he has been too passive in the face of this falling knife that is AAPL.
    Apr 19, 2013. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Well said.
    Apr 19, 2013. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    MF, there's no way Apple would have been worse with SJ still alive and well. As for the cheap shot to TC, I simply think that I'm no position to tell him what to do or not to do. I'd simply like him to do something (possibly quite smart) with that cash. There are many start-ups and grown companies with a lot of talent that could be extremely accretive to Apple.
    skleiniv, I share many of your points. While I do think that puck is correct saying careful to "a CEO has to do whatever it takes for the shares to go up", I'm convinced that he shouldn't have allowed this downfall without doing anything. As I said in the article, those who are paying for this are the only the retail investors.
    Apr 19, 2013. 03:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Davel, indeed the market is currently giving Apple a ridiculously low valuation - but that's only a part of the story that I tried to tell in the article.
    More than looking at mere fundamentals I put a lot of focus on the technicals (which have driven the stock for the last six months) and on next week's release.
    To me, it's an opportunity to buy more, but I want to look at the numbers Tuesday before, and especially see how the market reacts.
    Apr 19, 2013. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment! Indeed a dividend boost seems likely, but I wouldn't count on it, especially since the yield is now not so far from 3%.
    I'm actually confident that the growth investors will pile back in as soon Tim Cook decides to churn out one of the great things that seems to be in the pipeline.
    The fact that currently the market has less confidence in Apple than in Dell is ludicrous. Apple sub-$400 could be the once in a decade buy-opportunity.
    Apr 19, 2013. 02:59 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple $395: Time To Give Up And Abandon Ship? [View article]
    As much as taking Apple private makes sense (the whole Apple mentality and culture makes the company look much more suitable for being private than public: in fact, SJ had always seen Wall Street as nothing else than a necessary evil) nobody really has the money - not even Apple itself (yet). Interesting thought though.
    Apr 19, 2013. 02:51 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is It Really Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    Richbar, the whole point of the article is that Apple looks cheap, but might not be. The point is that Apple needs a new product, or earnings may indeed start to shrink.
    While I don't share your bearish view on Apple, I think that caution is the best practice approaching the stock here.
    Mar 8, 2013. 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is It Really Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    If the stock was indeed cheaper after the dot-com bubble I apologize for the error, it means that my sources are wrong.
    Analysts actually loved Tim Cook for the first 12 months though. I'd also say though that the whole analyst-system around Apple should be reviewed: they were just so damn wrong. When the stock was at $700, price targets were flying to the moon. Only when the stock started to fall like a rock they lowered their estimates. I mean, really?
    Furthermore, I've been a fan of Mr. Cook since the beginning, and if you look at my articles I've actually defended the stock many times. Now, I just think he could do more to protect retail investors. A big buyback would nearly dent Apple reserves.
    And then again, as I said in another comment, making nothing to counter this negativity sentiment around the stock and the company is also bad for sales. People may start to listen to the terrible mainstream media coverage that surrounds Apple and really buy that the company cannot innovate anymore.
    Mar 8, 2013. 05:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is It Really Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    Ryan you do have some good points. However, this (almost) $300 downfall not only has caused a lot of pain for many retail investors, but is just terrible for the sentiment surrounding the company.
    Do you think that it doesn't have an influence on sales the fact that the medias go on saying that the stock is falling because Apple has lost its cool factor, that it cannot innovate anymore?
    Furthermore, Cook is doing poorly also in this battle with Samsung. Think about this simple thing: ads. Samsung is airing ads aimed directly at Apple which go viral on the web. And while Apple's new iPad ads are cute, they don't have the "hip" factor that, for example, the "Get a Mac" campaign used to have. This again plays all in Samsung's favor.
    Mar 8, 2013. 04:54 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment