Julian Marchese

View Julian Marchese's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Don't Trust Today's Big Decline [View article]
    Thanks for the words and thoughts! Agreed. Election should bring some certainty back to the market. Until then, trade/invest accordingly!
    Oct 23 08:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Don't Trust Today's Big Decline [View article]
    The market is coming into some heavy support levels as well. So in the short-term I do expect some sort of bounce, albeit small. However if we do slice right through here...I agree, look out.
    Oct 23 06:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Don't Trust Today's Big Decline [View article]
    Definitely, however what I am merely pointing out is that the internals for the past few days have been relatively strong compared to the size of this drop. This type of activity at least calls for some small rotational activity.
    Oct 23 06:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Don't Trust Today's Big Decline [View article]
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for the kind words. That's my goal, trying to build my name at an early age so I have a head start in this industry!

Julian
    Oct 23 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gold Miners Are A Buying Opportunity At These Levels [View article]
    Haha thanks for the words ;). Yes I've been at least slightly bullishly positioned in gold(miners) since late July.
    Sep 20 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beige Book And Revised GDP Make More QE Unlikely [View article]
    Completely agree, the question right now is if Fed promises will continue to support stock prices. Key tell will obviously be this Friday.
    Aug 29 08:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasons Spain Will Keep Spreading The Pain [View article]
    Fantastic article, lots of helpful data, thank you.
    Aug 16 08:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The Central Banks [View article]
    As a technical analyst, if you seriously think the U.S. equity indexes are showing weakness, I am not familiar with your methods. Commodities and many other markets are definitely showing weakness, no question about it.

The point of this article is merely trying to show that U.S. equities are stronger than most other risk markets, and that I believe that will continue... Long U.S. equities, short consumed commodities seem to be the right trade here.
    Jul 31 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The Central Banks [View article]
    I do not think the Fed is going to launch anything spectacular (QE3) until we see further weakness in U.S. econ data. However I do think that the Fed is going to be more aggressive in hinting towards easing this week. The effect on the market, I would not know.
    Jul 30 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Sentiment: Stock Highs Vs. Lows [View article]
    It definitely could, it really depends. These divergences shouldn't be taken as a bearish "signal" but just a warning sign. All this shows is that less stocks are moving to highs as the market is moving to highs, which could mean internal weakness.
    Jul 21 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish? Don't Short U.S. Stocks [View article]
    Perhaps read my comments above?

"Yes slightly short, however would like to be more so in commodities. Obviously stocks will decline should conditions get worse, however my point is that I think commodities imo, will under perform stocks due to the different underlying drivers of equities (fed, companies, etc.). Commodities are a clear macro trade, stocks sometimes are not. Thanks for pointing that out, didn't want to confuse anybody!

I should add, I am a very frequent trader (average position holding is usually a couple days to 2 weeks), and so my positions can change frequently. I trade the market for what it gives me, however in my articles I outline my underlying bias. For example, I can be biased to the short side, however be long on a given day, depending on the circumstances."
    Jul 20 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish? Don't Short U.S. Stocks [View article]
    Exactly, sometimes we have to take a step back and realize how simple this environment can really be. Buy the dip remains in play, and will probably stay for a while!
    Jul 19 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish? Don't Short U.S. Stocks [View article]
    Jul 19 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish? Don't Short U.S. Stocks [View article]
    Jul 19 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish? Don't Short U.S. Stocks [View article]
    Good observation, yes stocks are definitely overbought right now (in fact I did get short some stock today), but overall the point of the article is that there are many other markets that would most likely under perform equity over the near term, due to the reasons listed above.
    Jul 19 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment