Julius Ferraro

View Julius Ferraro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Transocean: The Bear Case Goes Far Beyond Decreasing Deep-Water Dayrates [View article]
    Both businesses rely on on constantly upgrading older units to both prevent hazards as well as maintain a profit. As more rigs are created it creates an oversupply that eventually leads to declining rates. The rigs will eventually be scrapped or financially engineered off the balance sheet (NE). Today the market continues to tell me I made the right decision. I put the money in APA and OXY and nearly made back the entire loss. Good luck :).
    Feb 7, 2014. 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I made 35% last year. I'm not sure you should base a trade on my ability to manage an entire portfolio. I sold a few days ago for my own reasons. The recent pullback has given me many other oil names to invest in. In 08 I took a very large loss selling FRO at $30. Some people kept it and said the dividend will save them, earnings, etc. I bet they wish they could sell it for the same price I got to. Rigs business is too similar to watch it happen again.
    Feb 6, 2014. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I sold DO and RIG a few days ago and took a pretty decent loss from holding them about a month or so. As a value investor I see RIG as a screaming buy and a $46-$54 dollar stock but from what I've seen in the past, I can't help but think this could turn out like the oil tanker stocks (FRO,NAT,etc).
    Feb 5, 2014. 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WGL Holdings: After A Pullback, This Utility With A Healthy Dividend And Diverse Operating Segments Merits Attention [View article]
    I was starting to think nobody knew about this stock. Glad someone else sees some value. Opened a position today.
    Nov 15, 2013. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Just Bought This Dirt Cheap Tech Stock [View article]
    About to join you by selling some puts. Are they in any high end non apple products?
    Nov 15, 2013. 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Options Is The Best Strategy In Today's Market [View article]
    Thank you for the kind comments. I switched from buying stocks to selling options in 2011. While it doesn't work as well and can get quite frustrating in straight up markets, if we ever pullback I certainly won't feel it.
    Nov 1, 2013. 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Storm Brewing At Teva? [View article]
    He had 0 buy articles on and isn't necessarily saying to buy it today either. Some comments are so rude as if someone is forcing them to read the article or as if they paid for it.
    Oct 31, 2013. 02:56 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Buy Broadcom [View article]
    Last night I was thinking Google might as well buy em and add it into their Moto line. It would obviously benefit Apple more but they aren't really into buying public companies.
    Oct 30, 2013. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    @Jared I have multiple phone lines under my contract. For your second statement. Apple is a global company and 2 year contracts are mainly in the U.S.
    Oct 28, 2013. 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    Apple earned $8.67 4Q12 and 4Q13 earned $8.26 with 4% less float. Selling a put instead of outright buying stock would have avoided the downside given its current move is less than what was expected.
    Oct 28, 2013. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    I don't believe anyone painted you as anti apple. That title has been given to me even though I simply stated to protect downside risk even if it limits your upside. I understand that most people will not buy a new phone outside of their 2 year contract. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for a new phone. This is also mainly a U.S. problem. Given how competitive the market has gotten I am saying those now upgrading from the 4s will weigh out there options more instead of simply buying the new iPhone. The ecosystem is next to nothing for those without Macs.

For your second post about me not being the norm. I certainly hope so but after spending over $10k and getting lackluster results, I will not be giving them anymore of my money.
    Oct 28, 2013. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    I bought them all at the same time. All of them have given me individual problems whether it be hard rive failures or wifi problems that forced me to reinstall the os. I will not be buying another $2k+ comp from them. I also assumed that when I switched phones I would miss the ecosystem and great syncing abilities Apple products have. I was wrong.
    Oct 28, 2013. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    Watch the review in the article. While Samsung has a throw everything against the wall and hope people will find some useful approach, I've found quite a few welcome additions since switching phones.
    Oct 27, 2013. 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    My entire house is covered in MacBooks and iMacs. While I agree they are stylish and faster to boot up, I don't believe they are worth the premium. I am also replying to you on an iPad.
    Oct 27, 2013. 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Go Apple Picking Yet [View article]
    I am by no means claiming apple is doomed. At the end of the article I just stated to sell a put instead of being long stock. The company has ran up into earnings thanks to Carl and the media. I wouldn't consider myself the majority either as most articles this month have been positive.
    Oct 27, 2013. 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment