Jun Yan

View Jun Yan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    Here is the funniest idea, I guess you don't get to hear it often.

Apple: Borrow $100B, Pay A Fat Dividend, Analyst Suggests

"Bernstein Research’s Toni Sacconaghi today reiterates an Outperform rating on Apple (AAPL) shares and a $600 price target, and muses on whether the company should perhaps issue $50 billion to $100 billion worth of debt if it plans to return cash to shareholders through on ongoing dividend."

A report at Barrons:

Another report at Forbes:

And my article have been called silly and horrible...
    Mar 13, 2012. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    There is nothing wrong with dividends or other methods to return value to shareholders. Again, "I just don't see Apple doing it only because its cash position is sizeable at this time."

I also don't agree with "Arguing against Apple paying a dividend is frankly arguing against any company paying a dividend." There are companies, including Microsoft and Texas Instruments, whose revenue is relatively steady and want to pay dividends. I have no problem with that. I'm just not long MSFT or TXN at this time.
    Mar 10, 2012. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    We have discussions of focusing vs. low-priority items in the following.
    Mar 10, 2012. 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    Again, I don't know the "leverage" you're talking about. Please explain.

Another 1 share example: I wish I bought 1 share BRK.A long time ago.
    Mar 10, 2012. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Let me elaborate:

The fact something is non-priority implies there are many similar items at the same level, and at the size of AAPL there could be easily tens of thousands of them, if not more.

Even if you only spend 10 minutes on each one of them, you're end up losing your focus.
    Mar 10, 2012. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    Well said, D_D. Well said.
    Mar 8, 2012. 08:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nice song, nice song...

Run Apple Forest!
    Mar 8, 2012. 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for clarifying, Dialectical,

MdMike, I don't know the "leverage" you're talking about either - please explain.
    Mar 8, 2012. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    Focusing means don't bother with any non-priority item even it took as little as 10 minutes.

Anyone has $530 can buy one share AAPL today, the brokerage fee is usually under $10.
    Mar 7, 2012. 07:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    I don't have good answers to your questions. I remember reading about 30% of Apple's cash is in the States, but anyone have a better source please correct me. I guess it's complicated to move money internationally with taxation, but again, anyone has a better knowledge please correct me.
    Mar 7, 2012. 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    This is why we investors need to express our thoughts, and hopefully let Tim and board know that we support them doing the right things.
    Mar 7, 2012. 07:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shouldn't Do Anything About Its Cash Position [View article]
    First choice: let Cook & Co. decide, as Skippy09 suggested.

A remote thought from me would be: figure out the comfortable cash cushion (e.g. 25bn), padding some extra (e.g 25bn), then make a one-time special dividend (~$50 per share). But again, as I suggested in the main article, that would be a distracting operation.
    Mar 7, 2012. 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment