Justin Giles

View Justin Giles' Comments BY TICKER:
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    jbound,

It's not so hard to understand.

bbare is just making the case that BABA should have IPO'd sooner (like AMZN), so that regular investors (other than venture capitalists, etc.) like him could have invested in the company sooner at a much smaller market capitalization in order to pull in a bigger profit.
    Apr 14, 2015. 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: Earnings On Tap, Will The Company Bring Back Shareholder Value? [View article]
    cynic,

I'm in the process of finishing up an article that will address your questions. Also, like I've told people on other boards and forums, I'm not a fan of the whole Tack Fiori deal and the way it was handled. The buyback program needs to seriously step up as well. I still see a lot of value in NQ, and its up to management to make that happen.

Lastly, I've had conversations with Toro, but we both have agreed to keep things private. I would suggest getting in contact with them for all of your questions. They have been very professional with me and are good at getting back in a timely manner.
    Apr 14, 2015. 02:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    bbare3452,

I hear ya. I know many people wanted FB to go public sooner rather than waiting a couple of years and doing so at a $100B valuation. But it's all up to management and how they want to run the company. Both have its pro's and con's. Take care!
    Apr 14, 2015. 02:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Keubiko,

"...They (Toro) took a massive loss, sold 100% of their position, and haven't been heard from since (to my knowledge.)"
    ----------------
    First of all, NQ got the "seal of approval" or unqualified audit like I thought they would even after NQ fired PwC and hired Marcum Bernstein & Pinchuk.

Second, are you TORO's financial planner? How do you know they have "massive losses"? Unfortunately many of us don't have that kind of private information that you have... unless it was just another assumption on your part again. Also, you really don't believe that TORO hedged his bets via options, etc.?

Lastly, and for the record, I've talked with Toro since they sold their shares. Don't know why they don't respond to you. Have you even tried to reach out to them?
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    stocknerd,

"Plus $60 a share is not low and if they got so much money where are the dividends."
    --------------
    It doesn't make sense for growth companies to issue dividends (unless they have a hoard of cash with nothing else better to do). Most tech or fast growing companies reinvest profits in order to bring in even more value in the near future. Putting the money back into the company helps to acquire even more customers with the purpose of producing more revenues and profits in the future.

Also, like I mentioned the article, YY is using some of its cash to buy back shares. This strategy makes sense when the price of the security is undervalued.
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    Green,

"Revenue is where it is at in today's stock market."
    ----------
    IMO, it really depends on who you ask. Somebody will point to strong revenues (top-line growth) when somebody else will point to weak EPS (the bottom line) and vice versa in a never ending game.

On the bright side, YY has been able to post strong results on both the top on bottom lines and should be rewarded for it.
    All the best!
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    Jbound,

"YY may indeed turn out to be cheap at these levels but IMO you should consider the risk reward between BABA and YY. Similar PE but diverge on dominance."
    -------------
    I like both BABA and YY, but the P/E levels are actually quite different.

BABA
    P/E = 46
    FWD P/E = 29

YY
    P/E = 21
    FWD P/E = 12
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    Strike,

"Justin mentions "analysts and funds that are hesitant to use the PEG ratio until companies prove themselves and have the operational history to show for it." But YY was established in 2008 and has had a 130 % annual growth rate over the past 5 years."
    -----------
    Ever heard of the phrase, "Don't shoot the messenger"? I completely agree that YY has proven itself, which is why I believe it is deserving of a premium valuation with the likes VIPS, BABA, JD, etc. That's the gist of my article.
    Apr 13, 2015. 02:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    Scoots,

Thanks for the comment. I believe BABA will be a monster after it settles down. Earnings could be the boost that gets people excited again (after all the noise lately) and send shares back up into the triple digits. VIPS and BIDU should continue to do well and YY and QIHU should continue the turnaround after a ridiculous sell-off.

Take Care!
    Apr 13, 2015. 02:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Let Earnings Speak For Themselves [View article]
    bbare3452,

Great question. IMO, I wouldn't get caught up who is actually the "Facebook" or "Google" etc., of China because a lot of the companies in China are tagged like this by the media. I've heard Dangdang (DANG), Alibaba (BABA), JD (JD), etc., all called the "Amazon of China". Same thing with YY, RENN, etc., who oftentimes get called the "Facebook of China".

WeChat falls into this as well with people calling it the "Chinese WhatsApp.” Although they are somewhat similar, they have a number of differences.

Hope that helped.

YY IR: http://investors.yy.com (More info on YY)
    Apr 13, 2015. 02:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alibaba And Baidu Disappoint: Why Qihoo, YY And Dangdang Could Buck The Trend [View article]
    bbare3452,

Thanks for the comment, I couldn't agree more. I've also added to my positions and although I'm not happy about shares being cut in half over the last 6-7 months, I am looking forward to cashing in over the years once the market finally gives YY, QIHU, etc., respectable valuations.

On a side note, here is my latest article on YY that was just recently published: http://seekingalpha.co...

All the best to you. Take Care!
    Apr 11, 2015. 03:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    cyn,

Like I've said on multiple occasions, I'll fully admit I was wrong on NQ if things don't continue/start to pan out. I have no idea why you guys are demanding to put a time table on things.

Also, at the same time, when are you going to admit that I was right about NQ? You know, that funds would keep adding to NQ back in November... http://seekingalpha.co...

What about when I said NQ was going to get an unqualified audit (and it did)... http://seekingalpha.co...

Last but not least, when are the shorts going to admit that MW was wrong about NQ? You know, when MW said NQ would be delisted within one year, etc.? 17 months later, yup you got it, NQ is still here!

Bottom line: Shorts and longs have both profited and have been burned by NQ. Make no mistake, neither side has been perfect throughout this whole process.

As always, take care.
    Apr 10, 2015. 04:10 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe,

"The day that I EVER choose to call another person names, INSTEAD of simply admitting that I was wrong about something, is the day that I take a looooong look at myself."

^^^^^^^
    Says the guy who intentionally misspells my name "justine" over and over again. Is it that hard to spell my name? Anyways, have fun taking a long look at yourself.
    Apr 9, 2015. 03:08 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What a day! I could use a couple more of those haha. I personally like slow and steady climbs (VIPS style) rather than massive pops and drops. Let's hope we get a steady climb over the next couple of days. Also, if QIHU can close above $62.50 we should be sitting really good and on the way to testing the $70 range.
    Apr 9, 2015. 02:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe,

Looking at the this comment thread, you've missed the points, jump to conclusions, spam the board, among several other unprofessional things, etc. It's impossible to try and have a conversation with you.

Now with that, I wish you the best of luck and hope you find something better to do with all of your time than sitting here repeating the same things over and over again.
    Apr 8, 2015. 02:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment