Justin Giles

View Justin Giles' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Qihoo 360 Q1 Earnings Preview: Should Investors Buy, Sell, Or Hold Into Earnings? [View article]
    LP,

Since last quarter shares have risen by more than 20%. I expect shares to continue climbing as QIHU likely reports another solid quarter.

As we have seen with many companies lately (VIPS, YY, DANG, JMEI, etc.), even with a blowout quarter doesn't necessarily mean that shares will fly after hours. I think QIHU will be able to break that mold and here are just a couple of the reasons why:

Heading into earnings next Monday, shares of QIHU are trading lower then those other companies who went into earnings with much higher valuations and expectations.

Unlike those companies, QIHU is not trading close to its 52-week which tells me that earnings aren't necessarily already priced into the stock. I would be surprised if QIHU posted blowout numbers and shares do not climb higher. What's your take?
    Aug 22 01:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Q1 Report Shows Mixed Results: Is A Secondary Offering Just Around The Corner? [View article]
    Vito,

I agree. There are still a lot of moving parts going on and the Vringo - Google grudge match is far from over. Hope you guys were able to double down today and start to make up for the losses if you didn't have any stops in place.
    Aug 19 12:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Recommendations: My Track Record [View instapost]
    holdenpat,

The battle between VRNG and Google is far from over. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see a nice recovery once management outlines what it intends to do (En Banc Review, etc.). The U.S. appeals court went overboard in its ruling and I believe VRNG still has major upside (ZTE, etc.) from current levels. I'm personally going to be buying as much as I can under $1. Way oversold IMO. You?
    Aug 17 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    knegus,

Some of that has already been covered, so I will probably wait to hear from management to see what they are going to do before writing another article. I have a feeling a flood of VRNG articles are already well on their way. In the meantime, I will be busy buying as much VRNG stock as I can under $1. You?
    Aug 17 05:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Zillow-Trulia Merger: Looks Like It's Time To Start Selling Your Shares And Go Short [View article]
    Anyone take the advice and lock in those profits and go short? If so, you would have made some nice gains (20%) over the last week or so. Congrats to those that did!

P.s Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent earning results by both companies?
    Aug 7 02:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile Offer: Fact Or Fiction? [View article]
    QRC,

From a shorts perspective...what are your thoughts on the monster call option volume we've had over the last week or so? I'm gonna go ahead and say that you guys believe it's shorts hedging their positions? Yes/No?
    Aug 5 03:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qihoo 360: New Analyst Coverage And Why You Should Buy The Dips And Let 'Em Rip [View article]
    minoan,

I'm glad my picks have been working out for ya. I will be putting out an update on my 2014-2015 picks sometime next month (after the earnings season), so stay tuned for that. Thanks for the comment and as always, take care!
    Aug 4 11:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    canb888,

Thanks for the comment. I think the recent pullback has already provided investors great opportunities to start positions if they haven't already done so. $90 is great support for QIHU and I believe we will be testing the 52-week high when earnings roll around.
    Aug 4 11:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile Offer: Fact Or Fiction? [View article]
    Great article! I've been thinking along those exact same lines. I too don't see this going through at anything less than $15.00 a share.

Now cue the short bashing and news spinning in 3.... 2.... 1...
    Aug 4 02:24 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MJ,

In my opinion, the two biggest things that happened this week that caused shares to fall were:

1) Markets Tanking - In just the last two trading days, the markets have lost more than 3%. With days like that, it doesn't matter what company you invested in... everybody is getting hit. After another little pullback, shares should start to rebound and look to test the highs that we saw just two weeks ago.

2) $900M Convertible Senior Notes - At the end of March (Q1 14'), QIHU had more than $900M in cash. This tells us that QIHU is not cash poor by any means. So why did they raise almost a billion dollars? One word; acquisitions. Major consolidation is continuing to take place in China. Just look what happened with Baidu over the last year and the companies they acquired. Because of the uncertainty of what QIHU plans to do with the new $$$, some investors have pulled out and will wait to see what the Company plans to do with that cash before getting back in.

I'm a buyer on this pullback as you can tell by my article titled "buy the dips, let 'em rip" and feel that investors over the next couple of months will be rewarded. Just have to remain patient.
    Aug 3 01:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    dineshvelupula,

I could see QIHU reaching $200 over the next 12-18 months.
    How did you come to your price target? PEG, FWD P/E, P/S, etc?
    Aug 2 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Bought NQ Mobile Over $9.80, You Could Get Hosed [View article]
    QTR,

Once again... why do you avoid my questions? Please answer the questions below as many on this board, including myself, would like to know what your agenda is here.

1) Why are you so obsessed with NQ Mobile? You write multiple articles a day on this stock and every article sums up the exact same thing... "NQ Mobile should be avoided at all costs... etc." Okay, okay, okay, we get it.

2) Correct me if I am wrong, but you don't have a position in this stock. So why so much attention? Is it really just for the penny per view? It sure seems that way.

3) You always spin everything NQ does as a negative... yet, you have "no position" in the stock supposedly. Why not give a fair and balanced report then? Why all the hate on NQ? What is really your agenda here???
    Jul 31 02:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The cfidhle,

Yes, those numbers you have came from today's action. Volume = 138, Open Interest = 9,504. The numbers that I used in this article came from last week's action. I believe the exact day when those trades were placed were on Friday. Hope that helps ya out.
    Jul 29 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IWC,

Thanks for the comment. I'm also a big believer in the Chinese internet market and believe a lot of investors are undervaluing it right now. The internet penetration rate is only 47% in China. Over the next 5-10 years, those figures will be up in the 60%-70% range...meaning 300M-400M more users will be online. That's the entire U.S population haha. This will translate to $$$ for companies like QIHU, BIDU, JD, YY, VIPS, etc.
    Jul 29 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Portfolio Has 50% Upside And Will Outperform The Markets Again In 2014-2015 [View article]
    ritam2001,

Qihu was up 12% over the last couple of days so a little pullback was expected. Unfortunately, stocks don't go straight up. Also, the markets dropping today didn't help the QIHU cause. I noticed volume was only 3.7M today, compared to 4.6M yesterday and 5.6M on Friday. This shows that these little pullbacks and dips will be bought and the move higher should continue. Just my observations.
    Jul 29 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment