Justin Giles

View Justin Giles' Comments BY TICKER:
  • This Portfolio Has 50% Upside And Will Outperform The Markets Again In 2014-2015 [View article]
    George,

Plunging oil prices doesn't set back just the energy sector. YNDX (the Google of Russia or Baidu of Russia) has been sliced in half because Russia depends on high oil prices for the good of its economy. When oil tanks, their entire economy tanks, which means advertisers spend less on YNDX (which depends a lot on advertising revenues) etc. Make sense?
    Jan 30, 2015. 03:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil will return to $90/barrel - in 5 years: UBS [View news story]
    "UBS now sees Brent, the global price benchmark, averaging $52.50 a barrel this year, down from a PREVIOUS FORECAST of $69.75. The bank also cut its projection for WTI, the U.S. marker, to $49 a barrel from $64.75."

I don't know about you, but it looks like UBS is throwing everything it can at the wall and hoping something finally sticks. Don't mind the other 100 blown calls. I'm not buying it.
    Jan 29, 2015. 02:18 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So far... 8 calls have lead to Positive gains and 8 calls have lead to Losses. First and foremost I am deeply disappointed by some of the way some stocks have traded (VRNG, YNDX, QIHU). The two things that blew up this portfolio was oil dropping 50%-60% (which nobody saw coming) and the appeals court simply robbing VRNG which caused a 80% drop in share price.

However, there is some great news for VRNG with several catalysts looming. Earlier this year, by a favorable 7-2 margin, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Teva Pharmaceuticals, which is great news for VRNG. Basically the appeals court (which screwed VRNG over times 100) was dealt a significant blow. Instead of VRNG being left in the dark against GOOG, VRNG is setting itself up for a comeback.

Also, APPL just crushed earning estimates and many more in this portfolio should do the same (YY, VIPS, DANG, MA, JBLU, FB, etc.).

I am currently down 4% and still believe I will break into the positive territory over the coming weeks and months...even with my two biggest losers (VRNG - 82%, YNDX -49%) weighing down my portfolio.
    Jan 28, 2015. 03:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The January Effect And Why These Chinese Stocks Look Like Contenders [View article]
    Milkweed,

I remember reading a very similar article on the same topic as well. Looking at the charts (1 yr, 3 yr etc.) the Shanghai index has almost gone straight up over the last six months. I feel bad for those that bought at the top thinking it was going to continue higher for some reason. They needed to buy at the lows... like what happened during the crash of 2008-2009 in America.
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Happy,

I hope you're able to realize that NQ has a lot of moving parts at the moment. That's why Frederick Ziegel, an analyst at Topeka changed his price target from $33.00 to $8.50.

Until NQ stops acquiring companies and focuses on the bottom line of its current businesses, putting a PT together is rather complicated. It's not impossible (sum-of-the-parts-method, etc.), but its not easy. From what I've calculated, I still believe shares at this level ($4) are really undervalued. Just look at the FL Mobile valuations, etc.
    Jan 21, 2015. 03:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Qsymia...

There is nothing really to add. Shorts still believe NQ is a fraud - despite another clean audit, etc., - while value investors such as I still believe shares are cheap and will rise significantly from current prices. Of course shares won't get there overnight so patience is definitely needed. That's just what battleground stocks are.
    Jan 16, 2015. 03:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WidePoint: Insiders Are Buying Shares, So Why Aren't You? [View article]
    ftsfreddave, Rick,

Always good to hear from you guys. Things are starting to look good for WYY on a technical basis. If we can get passed the $1.60 range we should test the $1.75 - $1.80 range. Looking at the pattern, shares will then probably fall back into the $1.50 - $1.60 range. Rinse and repeat. Then one of these days shares won't come back down. Looking forward to that day... probably happen later this year. Wish it was sooner haha.
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    happy,

For the umpteenth time, I can't tell you what you should and shouldn't do. First, it sounds like to me you should be investing in mutual funds etc. Second, all I can tell you is what I'm doing. In my opinion, NQ is slowly turning things around and VRNG has several court dates scheduled this year that will be game changers if things go as planned. I'm holding my shares and look forward to shares recovering from these collapses.

Also, you keep singling out my two worst performers... How come you fail to mention any of the positives? Here's one for ya... I told investors to look at VIPS 2/3 years ago and look how that's turned out... +700%.
    Jan 9, 2015. 03:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • WidePoint: Insiders Are Buying Shares, So Why Aren't You? [View article]
    Happy,

You win some and you lose some in the market. Nobody is perfect! And it's not a loss until you sell your shares and I don't plan on selling anytime soon. NQ is slowly turning things around and VRNG has many hearings scheduled this year that will be game changers if things go as planned.

Also, you keep singling out my worst two performances? How come you fail to mention any of the positives... Here's one for ya... I told investors to look at VIPS two years ago and look how that's turned out... +700%.
    Jan 9, 2015. 02:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WidePoint: Insiders Are Buying Shares, So Why Aren't You? [View article]
    jobehro,

Thanks for sharing. It was great news indeed. Almost as exciting as seeing Nokomis Capital, L.L.C. (a major stakeholder of WYY) purchasing more shares at these depressed levels. Take care!

Jan 8, 2015. 05:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Updated Results

The average performance from these nine stocks in this article would have given investors returns so far of 4.03%. Nothing really to brag about, but still a remarkable performance considering the indexes have been getting pummeled the last couple of days. It's my opinion, that if the market weren't so out of whack, shares of most of these companies would be trading a lot higher than they are right now.

DOW: -2.53%
    NASDAQ: -3.03%
    S&P: -2.73%
    Jan 7, 2015. 04:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You're welcome!
    Jan 7, 2015. 04:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Sheldond,

Long time no talk... You still holding FB?

Thanks for the comment as always. Even with the markets tanking, most of these beaten down stocks continue to climb in 2015. Let's keep the trend going my friend. Happy New Years and all the best to you in 2015.
    Jan 7, 2015. 04:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Part 1: Takeaways From NQ Mobile's Highly-Anticipated Earning Results [View article]
    jsIRA,

I share many of the same expectations as you. Thanks for the comment and all the best to you this year with your investments. Take care!

P.s What's your current thoughts about management buying shares now?
    Jan 7, 2015. 04:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ET,

Whew... thanks for enlighting me buddy. I didn't know the amount of comments on these articles shows how much people care about me. I'm closing in on 100+ comments now. I feel so much better about myself now (sarcasm). God bless!
    Jan 7, 2015. 04:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment