Justin Giles

View Justin Giles' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Alibaba: Short-Term Problems May Continue, But This Is Why It's Still A Long-Term Winner [View article]
    pjwraw,

Thanks! Everyone also hated FB when it first came out and now everyone loves it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen to Alibaba this year too. All the best to you!
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:29 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SkylarH,

"Here's an alternate and relevant comparison: AMZN P/S ratio <2, BABA P/S ratio >18. Not much of a "valuation" advantage there."

Do you still think Amazon has the advantage?

ALIBABA

Return on Assets (ttm): 0.2%
    Return on Equity (ttm): -2.3%
    Cash: $17.4B
    Debt: $14.6B
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:26 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vikramnjnjjdjnd,

I completely agree. Alibaba will only continue to get bigger and bigger and those with long-term horizons will most certainly benefit from the recent sell-off these last couple of months.

Investors that don't have positions yet in BABA, should start looking for places to scale into IMO. I know I am and have been for awhile.
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:21 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    germiller,

We both can speculate whether or not he will, or won't take a position, but you are missing the point of what I wrote. I'm not predicting Mr. Buffett will take a position in BABA... I'm using his advice in BABA's current situation if you get the drift. Buy low, sell high. You do that by being greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy. Hope that helps.
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alibaba And Baidu Disappoint: Why Qihoo, YY And Dangdang Could Buck The Trend [View article]
    chacha1,

I outlined why shares were going to beat estimates. What happened? Yup, companies beat on both the top and bottom lines. Are you telling me that I'm supposed to control the price of shares as well?

When companies beat estimates, its a great thing. How was I supposed to know that the market would just brush the spectacular earning results off and push them to the side?

If anything, the results have only reinforced my positive outlook on YY and QIHU, etc.
    Mar 19, 2015. 03:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    DLee13,

QIHU now closing in on $49. I'm guessing management continues to draw the line @ $45 and some bigger funds hopped on as well after seeing what was happening. I really like the aggressiveness of management which of course helps for a great bottom line beat as well. Now we just need to get past $52 to make a really nice run.
    Mar 19, 2015. 03:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil slumps to six-year low [View news story]
    Like I said... Oil: Yes, It's Tempting, But Don't Buy Just Yet, It's Still Headed Lower http://bit.ly/1GU2BCL Looking forward to seeing Oil hit $40 or lower.
    Mar 16, 2015. 04:08 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Happy,

Do you expect me to be able to control the market and the prices of these companies or something???

I can only offer my opinion and that's what I've done. I cannot fathom why anybody would be selling QIHU or YY at these levels. Great earnings, buyback announcements etc. Those companies are undervalued and are not giant sized bubbles like we have in the market in AMZN, NFLX, Z, etc.
    Mar 15, 2015. 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DLee13,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the article must have been updated since I last saw it. I'm seeing his $70 PT now as well.

Looks like QIHU's June 2015 calls ($60, $70, $75) are getting a lot of attention lately. Anyone buying those?
    Mar 11, 2015. 03:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Lz1007,

I haven't come across anything as of yet. Market is completely wacko. They have no problem giving NFLX, AMZN, Z, etc., absurd valuations, but fail to give growth companies decent valuations in the worlds biggest economy with the internet user penetration rate less than 50%.
    Mar 10, 2015. 05:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Happy,

Do you not read my articles and just come to here to bash as usual? I laid out why YY, QIHU and DANG would beat earnings. What's happened so far? Yup, they've beaten on earnings! Thanks for trying to give misinformation to everyone here though.
    Mar 10, 2015. 04:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    DLee13,

I agree. I really like how active management is with its buyback plan as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up using it all by June, if shares continue to stay at these extremely low valuations.

Anyone know how "JG Capital's Henry Guo" is valuing QIHU at $40? Maybe the author of the article forgot to put a $1 in front of it (for $140) when quoting him haha.
    Mar 10, 2015. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Klaus88,

I'm assuming you are talking about QIHU... If so, I completely agree with you. This fall reminds me exactly of what Baidu went through when it fell from $150 to $83. Now Baidu has hit records highs late last year at $249.

It wouldn't surprise me to see QIHU follow in Baidu's footsteps. I'm not saying shares are going to hit $250 anytime soon, but I believe sooner rather than later the Market is going to have to give QIHU its proper valuation. Even with a BASIC market multiple of 17/18, puts shares in the $65+ range, or upside of 45%.

Mar 10, 2015. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    AmitaiR,

Thanks for the comment.

Alibaba and Baidu's "low" guidance caused a panic in everything Chinese related (which was way overblown IMO). I was trying to tell people it wasn't the case. This has caused some estimates (not all) to come down which has helped with the top and bottom line beats.

I just hope that Wall Street starts giving respect to QIHU, YY, DANG among many others instead of just the big guys in JD, BABA and Baidu.
    Mar 10, 2015. 03:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    2 for 2 now with YY and QIHU. All that's left is DANG to report and I believe it will be a good one. If its the case, small float could easily send shares soaring like it did this time last year. Any thoughts?
    Mar 10, 2015. 02:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment