Justin Giles

View Justin Giles' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • NQ Mobile Looks Like A Tasty Short After Running 15% Friday [View article]
    QTR,

Got a couple of questions for you.

First, why are you so obsessed with NQ Mobile? You write multiple articles a day on this stock and every article sums up the exact same thing... "NQ Mobile should be avoided at all costs... etc." Okay, okay, okay, we get it.

Second, correct me if I am wrong, but you don't have a position in this stock. So why so much attention? Is it really just for the penny per view, because it's really beginning to feel that way.

Third, you stated, "After an unexpected run up on Friday, NQ could be a short first thing Monday morning." Yes, but it could also be a BUY Monday morning...Yes???

Fourth, was it really just a coincidence that shares magically turned around [$3.45 - $5.01] (+45%) on massive volume (28M) on Friday? Do you think that was really just retail buying or something? Cheers!
    Jul 20 01:46 AM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Portfolio Has 50% Upside And Will Outperform The Markets Again In 2014-2015 [View article]
    Swisser,

Haha nice try! If you followed my articles last year, you would have noticed that I followed up on my portfolio month after month, quarter after quarter. Do you really think I make this stuff up? Is that why I have thousands of followers and Independent companies tracking my picks?

Examples:
    Jun 27 02:59 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lady Liberty Rescues Vringo; Google Royalty Tab To Exceed $1.8 Billion [View article]
    PP,

As always...excellent article! Thanks for putting that together.

Now only if I could have been a fly on the wall to see the reactions of Google's lawyers when they saw the decision in the Petrella v. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer case...then seeing Vringo's paperwork come through just days later. What a priceless moment!

This is how I pictured Vringo's response to Google: "Ooooh yeah... by the way, here is another billion on top of that billion that you already owe us."
    May 26 03:00 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Intrinsic Value And The Market's Irrational Valuation [View article]
    Great read! Thanks for the article. I agree Apple is very undervalued compared to its peers...now take advantage of it people.
    Jan 30 06:52 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo moves higher on court letter [View news story]
    Very Nice! I can just see it now...Vringo's response to Google after continued low-ball settlement offers: "Ooooh yeah... by the way, here is another billion on top of that billion." Have a Vringo day! haha
    May 22 03:52 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile Bounces Back After Strong Guidance, FL Mobile Deal [View article]
    homerj12,

Yes, I am already in the process of writing it. I'm hoping to have it done tonight, so it should be out Thursday/Friday... depending when SA publishes it, since I have no control over that part. Have a wonderful day!
    Jun 4 01:08 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Vringo Jump 22% After Work-Around Ruling: Are You Capitalizing On This Big Opportunity? [View article]
    Checkers,

..."there is no multiplier on a patent troll because no future earnings can be assumed. ... Furthermore, what about TAXES?"

First of all why is Vringo a patent troll? Please explain your thought process here. Also, are you really saying that because Vringo has taken down Google and has shown that it can generate revenues now, no multiplier can be applied? That makes total sense right? Nope! Furthermore, I already taxed Vringo in highest tax bracket in those scenarios. What else you got?
    Jan 23 02:58 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Portfolio Manager Sees Many Troubling Signs With NQ Mobile [View article]
    Goldbaum what happened to the short interest report you had a couple weeks ago saying that hedge funds were shorting every single share of NQ Mobile... The next week we find out there is a 17% drop in short interest. Manipulation anyone?

Anyways please comment on the huge drop in short interest after you stated that "funds" were shorting every single share possible. Thanks!

Jan 7 01:41 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Vringo A Lottery Ticket Or An Investment? [View article]
    ..."I suspect Vringo will have to perform a secondary offering early next year to continue their torrid pace of legal activities and stay on solid financial footing..."

According to the latest earnings report, Vringo had over $46 million in cash. If they burn as you say $3.6 million a month (which I doubt), Vringo still has more than a year in cash. Why would they do a secondary offering "early" next year?

You also said that a Running Royalty Rate had a good chance of being handed down in May. It's October now and there is still no RR from Judge Jackson. Why should we believe that a secondary (early next year) is on the way now? Ridiculous!
    Oct 9 01:16 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile Offer: Fact Or Fiction? [View article]
    Great article! I've been thinking along those exact same lines. I too don't see this going through at anything less than $15.00 a share.

Now cue the short bashing and news spinning in 3.... 2.... 1...
    Aug 4 02:24 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Q1 Report Shows Mixed Results: Is A Secondary Offering Just Around The Corner? [View article]
    checkers,

How many times has Vringo ran from $2-$3 a share up into the $4-$5 range? Investors have been given multiple opportunities to reap generous returns. As always, thank you for bringing your exquisite knowledge to the table. I look forward to your next insightful comments. Cheers!
    May 28 04:43 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Appeal Could Be Worth A Half Billion Dollars [View article]
    Good article!

"I believe that it is a great time to buy shares of VRNG. Shareholders who cannot stomach the day in and day out fluctuations are not a great fit with this stock, but shareholders who have room for a speculative play may find VRNG to be a great pick."

I agree with your sentiment. Well said!
    Sep 27 02:14 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: This Undervalued And Well-Positioned Company Has Everything That Every Investor Would Want [View article]
    unpainted,

Thanks! NQ continues to climb higher with each day. Technical traders seemed to have jumped in with the great pattern that NQ has formed. While some people will say that its reached its peak and cannot go higher... I say just wait. Audit + Morgan Stanley Conference + Earnings + More 13G filings = recipe for disaster for the shorts. Just my opinion.
    Feb 27 03:10 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • David Slays Goliath: Vringo Awarded Billion-Dollar Victory Over Google [View article]
    drgetz,

Thanks! The biggest reason Google hasn't bought out Vringo yet in my opinion is because of the message that it will send to other IP companies. Many companies would come after Google if they knew Google was going to buy out every company that filed a lawsuit against them.

The trial against Vringo was supposed to send a strict message to other IP companies as "they made an example out of Vringo." So much for that now haha. Of course at this stage in the game, it's probably better if the Company just cuts its losses, settles Vingo and moves on.
    Jan 29 09:47 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook's Earnings Preview: What Investors Need To Know [View article]
    xilef,

If earnings are solid, FB could pull a TWTR and trade up into the $70's pretty quickly seeing as shares would have little resistance as they make new highs. I don't have a position due to other stocks I believe have higher short term potential, but I'll certainly be watching FB for sure. All the best!
    Jan 23 06:01 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment