Justin Jaynes

View Justin Jaynes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Retirement Strategy: The Absurdity Of Believing That Dividends Don't Matter In Retirement [View article]
    I thought Warren was a big fan of KO...
    Aug 12 01:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Rackspace Is Not As Bad As Wall Street Believes [View article]
    Why did you change your mind from suggesting to short it to $20?
    Aug 12 01:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors gearing up for all-time high run after DB upgrade [View news story]
    @gofx

I agree - I had a TSLA put that I was holding "just in case" - but I sold it and rolled it into a REIT and KMP - the KMP turned out to be a better place for my money.

I think TSLA could go either way from here, and my guess is the way is "up", but with what I view as substantial downside risk I'm not buying here.

I won't think about buying anymore puts for TSLA unless we see the SP rise much higher from here, and closer to 2017/2018 when volumes are supposed to be more meanigful and growth will be harder to come by. By this point we *should* see (IIRC) the Model X (or whatever the name of the SUV is) and have a better idea or maybe even see the Model EveryoneElse in production.

If the model x or cheaper model whatever don't gain traction as fast as expected, and if we are at a much higher share price, then I may think about re-entering, but not when the forecast is to go from 20k cars to 40k cars to 60k cars...
    Aug 11 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Interest Rates And BDCs: Part 2 [View article]
    Also,

Do you have a list of which of the BDCs are your personal favorite? (other than your disclosure)
    Aug 6 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Interest Rates And BDCs: Part 2 [View article]
    BDC - Thanks very much for the article. Regarding length, I prefer longer articles because they better fish out the overall thesis and data points, and let investors decide for themselves, rather than putting forth your own personal thesis.

Thanks for writing!

long PSEC, may buy some more BDCs in the near term to boost blended yield.
    Aug 6 12:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's Xbox One Is Failing [View article]
    Disclosure: I'm a serious gamer, or at least was in a former, but recent life. Any serious gamer will tell you PC is king - not a console.

Not sure if you actually play video games or not - but I prefer the PS4 (along with many others, based on running hardware totals) to the Xbox One.

I own a gaming PC, Wii U, XB1, and PS4 - PS4 and Wii U are my favorites - PC would be my favorite but I don't have time to play seriously anymore -Xbox One's "living room" features - like used as a TV viewing "thingy" - I don't even know what to call it - are gimmicky and non starters, in my opinion.

1) I don't think the disparity between consoles and console sales is that drastic - so to declare the Xbox One or the PS4 is the best thing since slice bread seems overstated, in my opinion.

2) From a pure gaming perspective, PS4 is the better console.

3) Xbox One has some fun exclusives - like PVZ: Gardenwarfare and Titanfall.
    Aug 5 05:09 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Constellation Brands: A Long-Term Sell Amid Historic CA Drought [View article]
    I don't get your technical analysis on the stz chart. It basically says "stz went up, therefore it will probably go down" BUD and SAM are at 20ish and 40ish PE s respectively, stz is at 8. Did you consider peers when saying the stock is expensive here?

Disclosure: love Mexican beers, but dos xx is my favorite. But modelo is tasty. Also may take a toe dip in stz before long, maybe via leaps or shares
    Aug 4 03:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 14%+ Dividend Payer ARMOUR Residential REIT May Be A Bargain [View article]
    David,

Thanks much for the reply! ARR is currently a very small position for me, but I'm looking to increase it over the next couple of months to try and average up my blended yield. Was wondering if there was some big negative that was preventing you from going long.
    Aug 3 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 14%+ Dividend Payer ARMOUR Residential REIT May Be A Bargain [View article]
    Hey David -

Thanks for writing. Notice that you have written several articles on ARR in the past few months, but haven't taken a position yet. Wondering if there is a particular reason you're hesitant?

Long ARR, but very small position. Will likely be adding more in the near future.
    Aug 3 06:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Better Entry Point For Apple Will Become Available For Patient Investors [View article]
    I bought at 95ish and sold a jan 2016 105 for 8.80 ish. Could probably have done better if I sold in 6 month increments but I prefer longer term positions to be as hands off as possible. 2% yield is meh, but covered call premiums punch that up nicely.
    Aug 2 10:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Thanks David,

Looking to start a position in DUK in the near future.
    Aug 2 06:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picking Up Yield In The Recent Energy Sector Decline [View article]
    Bret,

Any thoughts on DUK? Looking to add some energy and gas to my trading portfolio - looking at DUK and BP
    Aug 2 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Toy Industry Losing Its Glory [View article]
    One point: many times there is synergy between toys, electronics, and marketing. Take hot wheels for example. My son loves angry birds, and toy cars. He really loves his angry birds hot wheels.
    Aug 1 03:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Is Still A Buy [View article]
    Maybe - haven't ever tried for a pro article before.
    Aug 1 12:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple closes Beats deal; skepticism about October iPhone 6 report [View news story]
    IM55,

I can see the "bigger, yet smaller" commercials all over again - or something else that will repeat on TV numerous times until my wife decides she wants to upgrade as well lol.
    Aug 1 12:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment