Justin Jaynes

View Justin Jaynes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Is A Luxury Brand And That Is The Problem [View article]
    Thanks Par - I am a fan of Apple products, and I know some are not. But I just think saying that a phablet being too big for pockets, given that phablets are one of the fastest growing categories of devices right now, is a completely unsound argument.
    Sep 10 02:09 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is A Luxury Brand And That Is The Problem [View article]
    PairedTrade - excellent comment BTW.

iPhone prices compared to other subsidized high end phones is like considering a Honda Civic a luxury car compared against a Toyota Corolla.
    Sep 10 01:18 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is A Luxury Brand And That Is The Problem [View article]
    I disagree with your theory about the 6+. This may sound stupid, but I actually put my iPad mini retina in my pocket and walked around the house with it a bit. That was definitely too big, but given the squared nature of area scaling, I think the 6 plus will be a little on the big side for some, others will be good with it. But the regular 6 should be just fine.
    Sep 10 12:59 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Product Launch Rocked [View article]
    I'll disagree here - I know plenty of non techy teenagers, and business users, that cling to their iPhones. Go take a poll in a high school full of teens toting iPhones, and ask them about metal, A8 vs A7, what they think of the ppw increase from switching from 28nm to 20nm, and if they can spew off apple's transistor density for the various products, and they'll call you a nerd.

Go ask the same thing of many professionals you see in an airport on iPhones, and they'll tell you to go away.
    Sep 10 12:00 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Product Launch Rocked [View article]
    Don't know what to think about the Watch yet - seems like it could go either way, IMO.

Like the new iPhones quite a bit.

Long $AAPL
    Sep 10 11:41 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's iPhone 6 Market Impacts [View article]
    phablets are the fastest growing category in smart phones last time I looked, and regardless as to whether or not android users move over in droves, there are plenty of Apple fans that will be lining up to upgrade their iPhone 4, 4S, 5, and some even the 5S/C to get the larger iPhones.

Long $AAPL, plan on going Friday morning to order the 6+
    Sep 10 11:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Significant Apple Development No One Is Talking About [View article]
    what amazes me is that no one really talks that much about CarPlay (long AAPL) - looking forward to seeing what hooking up an iphone to my car can do for my car.
    Sep 9 12:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Significant Apple Development No One Is Talking About [View article]
    Just curious - haven't done much research into Watt's tech - but I thought it was pretty inefficient compared to some of the other offerings? The only "DD" I've done (using that term loosely here) is just read through some of the comments on Watt articles, and the techies seem to think that it's not very good.
    Sep 9 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Better Entry Point For Apple Will Become Available For Patient Investors: Updated [View article]
    Stocks typically close at different prices. Wth was the point of your last bullet?
    Sep 5 08:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Take Note - Samsung Has Not Gone Away [View article]
    I disagree with MB on Apple in general, and am a big fan of the iPhone (still keeping my 4S until Apple will sell me a bigger phone, no need for 5 or 5S until that happens), but I for one would enjoy a stylus with my iPhone.
    Sep 3 02:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Partnership With IBM Could Save The iPad [View article]
    Is this why I saw those TV commercials asking me to sponsor an iPad?
    Aug 21 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Better Entry Point For Apple Will Become Available For Patient Investors [View article]
    I bought at 95ish and sold a jan 2016 105 for 8.80 ish. Could probably have done better if I sold in 6 month increments but I prefer longer term positions to be as hands off as possible. 2% yield is meh, but covered call premiums punch that up nicely.
    Aug 2 10:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Be Cautious, Apple Bulls [View article]
    I just sold some LEAPs against my shares - makes the dividend look tiny compared to covered call premiums.
    Aug 1 11:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: The Apple Juggernaut Should Be In Every Retirement Portfolio Right Now [View article]
    RS - even if the comment were directed at me, the message threads would be more comical :D

I just find it odd that no one talks about CarPlay on Seeking Alpha. The auto industry is nearly a 65M+ TAM, yet most of the cars produced are dumb. Someone think of the children, and start making these cars smart.
    Jul 30 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like CarPlay - long $AAPL with covered call against my shares.
    Jul 30 12:46 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment