Justin M. Hall

View Justin M. Hall's Comments BY TICKER:
  • More on Citigroup (C): In addition to Pandit's departure, COO John Havens is also stepping down. The board selects Michael Corbat - who previously served as the bank's CEO of Europe, Middle East and Africa - as new Citigroup CEO. Havens had been planning to retire at year's end, but given Pandit's move, decided now was the time. (PR[View news story]
    Hard to say. But I agree Galt, it's odd. Citi's stock will take a hit.
    Oct 16, 2012. 09:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The transition at Citigroup (C) will take time. Investors should consider exiting positions in Citigroup and buying Bank of America (BAC). BAC could potentially benefit here.
    Oct 16, 2012. 08:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • September Nonfarm Payrolls: +114K vs. consensus +115K, +142K previous (revised from 96K). Unemployment rate 7.8% vs. consensus 8.2%, 8.1% previous. [View news story]
    In the 10/3/12 debate, Obama used the word fight several times. Common ground can never be found in a fight.

I encourage folks on the left to read Woodward's book, "The Price of Politics." It clearly and objectively illustrates Obama's unwillingness to find common ground with folks on the other side.

Rahm Emanuel's approach to negotiating with the other side is: "Fuck 'em. We got the votes." Source: "The Price of Politics," page 80. Those are his words, not mine. So, please excuse the course language.

[Anonymous #12] These tactics, which Obama endorsed, used, and continues to use, led to the formation of and continues to drive the Tea Party.

The Democrats had a choice in 2008 between Obama and Clinton. Had you all voted for the more experienced of the two, things would likely be much different today. Despite her many faults, Hillary would have got a deal done. The fiscal cliff probably would have never even evolved as it has today. Same applies to Simpson-Bowles. Like the former President, her husband (I think), she would have probably done those things necessary to win a second term. It is likely that she would have found common ground with those on the other side. That would have solidified her reelection bid. But you didn't choose her, which is too bad - for all of US. More importantly, Obama's - "Fuck 'em. We got the votes." - approach failed to produce any real or meaningful results. And results still matter.

Since the 10/3/12 debate, there has been a dramatic shift in the polls, which my friends on the left continue to ignore. Here, I'm referring to polls conducted by Rasmussen Reports - like it or not, the most accurate pollster in the past two Presidential elections. [I tend to follow those with a proven track record.] In addition, all of the polling data is currently weighted on the 2008 exit polls and fails to acknowledge the meaningful shift in voter sentiment that began in 2010 and continues today. So, it is highly likely that Romney's lead is even better than Rasmussen and other pollsters are reporting. Weighting matters.

After the first debate, Romney has gained momentum and regained the lead in the polls. That's a huge difference from 2008 when Obama led McCain 52% to 46% (10/1/08). Looking ahead, don't count on Romney to let up and give Obama a free pass. Expect Romney step on the gas. There will be no more free rides for the President.

Bottom Line: It is evident that the tide has turned. The burden of proof has now shifted to Obama to prove himself worthy of the office for another four years. Right now, he's not making the case. Calling your opponent a liar is a very poor strategy, which never seems to work. As such, the next 30 days will likely be very hard for Obama and his supporters. It is simple. Obama cannot overcome his own record.

Conclusion: Romney will win the election.
    Oct 6, 2012. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well said Petrarch.
    Oct 6, 2012. 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why We Can't Simplify Bank Regulation [View article]
    Flow5:

Please cut the communist "nationalize the banks" crap and use your noodle to think.

Good grief.
    Sep 17, 2012. 12:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Moody's expects to lower its U.S. credit rating to Aa1 from Aaa in 2013 unless budget negotiations "produce a stabilization and then downward trend" in the government's debt/GDP ratio. [View news story]
    Hahaha. Tom, you certainly don't believe that such a response would be credible. At this point, the blame game is just a bit exhausted.
    Sep 11, 2012. 09:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Mathematical Model Of Shale Gas Well Production Decline [View instapost]
    Thanks Mark! No need to explain yourself. I appreciate your insight.

Justin
    May 2, 2012. 02:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Natural Gas Really Displacing Coal Demand? - Data Speaks [View instapost]
    Excellent work Mark Anthony. Like you, I am also long PCX. Obviously, I also like both JRCC and BTU.

I plan to share your article with others on my site. Thank you.

Justin M. Hall
    Apr 20, 2012. 11:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spectrum Pharmaceuticals: Outlook Remains Very Promising [View article]
    Riad, I wrote this article in June of 2009. I have been out of SPPI since May 2011. I encourage you to follow my StockTalks - updated regularly - here at Seeking Alpha. Good luck! - Justin
    Apr 15, 2012. 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treanda® plus Rituxan® followed by Zevalin® - New Standards for NHL & Indolent Lymphoma [View instapost]
    Calep1954, I apologize for responding so late. For whatever reason, I did not catch your comment.

I would strong recommend that you contact my friend Betsy de Parry, a NHL survivor and patient advocate. She is inspiring - a good person doing good things. I would visit her site at: http://bit.ly/GIqcCQ As I recall, you can contact her directly from the site.

I do hope this helps and wish you a very speedy remission.

Justin
    Mar 21, 2012. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ECRI Reaffirms Recession Call [View article]
    LK, my comment was directed at the first commenter, "BBRO," the old bond trader, and not the author of this article.

So, I share and agree with your sentiment here.

Justin
    Feb 26, 2012. 07:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ECRI Reaffirms Recession Call [View article]
    You're dead on [again] BBRO!

Readers ought to consider reviewing the Business Cycle Index. ECRI's recession calls have not proven accurate thus far.

I suppose peddling fear has made ECRI lots of money. :-) No need to take that seriously, that is a joke.

Good luck!

Justin M. Hall
    Feb 26, 2012. 05:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ECRI Says Recession Is Still Coming - Evidence Is In Coincident Data [View article]
    You're dead on BBRO.

Good luck all!
    Feb 26, 2012. 05:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qlik Technologies: Heading In A Bad Direction From A Profitability Perspective [View article]
    Good work here JM.
    Feb 17, 2012. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Kids' Tablet Should Help LeapFrog Jump Higher [View article]
    If you found this article and my updates helpful, please click "Yes" above. Thank you.
    Feb 14, 2012. 08:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment