Justin M. Hall

View Justin M. Hall's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Are The Major Banks Near A Generational Bottom? [View article]
    Dr. Roberts, this kind of extreme rhetoric appears under nearly every article on BAC.

Mr. Jensen, thank you for posting your thoughts. Like you, I am also long BAC.

Justin M. Hall
    Dec 1, 2011. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Possible Collapse Of Eurozone Creates Buying Opportunity Of A Lifetime In Financial Stocks [View article]
    Audemus fortuna iuvat!
    Nov 28, 2011. 03:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Mr. Clark:

This is an excellent closing argument. Well done!

Justin M. Hall
    Rx Investors.com

"In finance, a contrarian is one who attempts to profit by investing in a manner that differs from the consensus when the consensus opinion appears to be wrong. A contrarian believes that certain crowd behavior among investors can lead to exploitable mis-pricings in securities markets. For example, widespread pessimism about a stock can drive a price so low that it overstates the company's risks, and understates its prospects for returning to profitability. Identifying and purchasing such distressed stocks, and selling them after the company recovers, can lead to above-average gains."
    Nov 28, 2011. 03:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From The Survival Of BAC [View article]
    11/27/11: I am now expecting BAC and other banks to bounce on Monday 11/28 as the IMF is now backstopping Italy ===> $600 Billion.
    Nov 27, 2011. 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From The Survival Of BAC [View article]
    Hello Untrusting Investor!

I do follow your comments here at SA and I genuinely value your opinion.

I'm just not convinced that BAC will fall too much from here.

+ 11/18/11 dividend declared and will be recorded Friday, 12/2/11.
    + Settlement with state AGs is pending and should be announced in the coming days / weeks.
    + EU Stability Pact coming soon + treaty changes for private bond investors.

More than anything else, I believe Europe has been weighing on the financials. Regardless of whether I like or agree with them, the EU leaders are working to resolve the issues. The steps identified above will likely provide some short-term relief and stabilize the credit markets. In addition to the banks, look for TMV to benefit near-term.

While I have been building my BAC position over the past couple of months, I think it is appropriate to initiate new positions in BAC AND especially while shares are trading at/near 52-week lows.

In my view, BAC is more likely to bounce than fall next week,11/28 to 12/2/11.

Again, I am and would be a buyer of BAC right here.

Justin
    Nov 27, 2011. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From The Survival Of BAC [View article]
    I realize we can't get everyone to see things from our view. Given.

But most, not all, of the commenters here lack a real command of the facts. The whiney, extreme pessimism is all a bit boring. -- I'm trying to be polite and interested in maintaining some civility. --

Credibility. My track record is important to me. Go back and look at my record, I get results and help investors generate impressive gains here at SA and on my site Rx Investors.com.

That said, I am willing to stake my record and reputation on BAC. BAC is and remains a strong B-U-Y under $7. I also strongly recommend that investors buy BAC near-the-money January 2013 calls, i.e. right now.

If you can't see an opportunity in BAC, then just allow it to pass.

BAC is and will remain profitable going forward. Note: Whoever made the ridiculous assertion that Merrill Lynch would be sold is dead wrong. By year-end 2012, the largest claims against the company will be settled.

Hate to break this to the pessimists, but the tide will turn - and sooner than later.

+ By May 2012, BAC investors will be rewarded for their patience.

+ By the January 2013 expiration, BAC shares will likely trade between $15 and $20.

Justin M. Hall
    Rx Investors.com
    Nov 27, 2011. 02:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Major Bank Stocks That Could Double In 2012 [View article]
    Hawk:

CATALYSTS:
    + Banks settle with state AGs, pending late November, early December 2011.
    + Germany gets their heads out of their rears and enables the ECB to prints [lots of] Euros. European leaders scheduled to meet yet again in early December 2011 (12/8/11 or so).

-- JH
    Nov 23, 2011. 01:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Major Bank Stocks That Could Double In 2012 [View article]
    Hawk, my friend, I think you are right on here. I like and agree with your GOP-win angle.

Like you, I am also long BAC. In 6 or fewer months, I firmly believe the BAC bet will prove to be a very smart one. Best of luck to you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Justin M. Hall
    Rx Investors .com
    Nov 23, 2011. 01:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banks and government officials are working on an $18.5B deal to settle claims over problematic foreclosure practices that would exclude California, which left the talks in September, the WSJ reports. Should the state return, the sum would rise to $25B.
     [View news story]
    CalPERS (California) has settled with (BAC).
    Nov 23, 2011. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare For Europe Collapse Before New Year [View article]
    Four Reasons to Be Bullish on U.S. Stocks

#1 As evidenced by the recent trading of the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX), volatility appears to be trending back down to more “normal” levels.

#2 In Q3 2011, corporate earnings have surprised to the upside.

#3 During Q3, U.S. GDP rose to 2.5% from 1% in the previous quarters. Q4 2011 is expected to come in somewhere near 3%.

#4 In October 2011, unemployment came down ever so slightly to 9%.

As volatility comes down, you can bet investor and consumer confidence will return and just in time for the holiday season. For these reasons, we should expect to see a year-end rally. All major indexes should recover and close out the year with a gain. We are likely to see the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit 12,700 and possibly as high as 13,000+.

According to the Stock Trader’s Almanac, the last year that the year-end rally failed to materialize during a pre-election year was in 1939. So, the odds of a year-end rally are favorable.

In my view, taking a puts-only position is an overreach.

Justin M. Hall
    Rx Investors.com
    Nov 11, 2011. 07:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Tremendous Upside Potential Despite Analyst Negativity [View article]
    Good luck with that Chunghk. I am willing to bet that you will be proven wrong - and after your first comment ever!
    Oct 31, 2011. 03:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well said, my friend (Abegaz)!

I am also long BAC. This is an excellent article from a new contributor.

Late November catalyst pending.

Justin M. Hall
    Oct 31, 2011. 03:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Jerlac: "However, I would not jump to interpret this recent surge in share price as the long awaited signal that the breakthrough has arrived. "

I would. This is the time to buy BAC.

Justin M. Hall
    Oct 31, 2011. 02:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big Move: The End Of The 2011 Corn Bubble Nears [View article]
    D:

For updates, you can either follow my stock talks here on SA or follow me on Twitter.

My first priority is always to the members of my site, Rx Investors.com.

I hope this helps.

Justin
    Oct 20, 2011. 09:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big Move: The End Of The 2011 Corn Bubble Nears [View article]
    ===================
    UPDATE 10/18/11 6 PM ET
    Rx Investors.com => http://bit.ly/bxkxgm

We reentered a short CORN position on 10/14/11.

Justin M. Hall