Justin M. Hall

View Justin M. Hall's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Time Is Now To Take Profits On These 2012 Winners [View article]
    As for predicting future, call me Nostradamus. :-) Only kidding - just a poor joke. No one here can predict the future. The only thing a contributor has is his track record. Evaluate fairly and judge accordingly.

But I tend to agree with my friends, TruffelPig and Regarded Solutions, here.

That said, taking profits is never bad advice. If you elect to sell, that's your call and certainly not up to the author, DAC. To be a successful investor, you must be accountable for you. So, there is no need to blame others for the decisions you make. Why not just be grateful for the gains you earned following an experienced investor's recommendations. If you didn't follow the recommendations as prescribed - and most rarely do - that's a problem you can only work out with you.

It's not imperative that anyone try to convince others that their views are right as someone will always disagree.

But let's see how this earnings (Q4 2011) season plays out. I think the pessimists among us might just be surprised. Nevertheless, they - the pessimists - still won't agree. :-) And that's ok!

Those on the other side of the trade, who are more bullish - on financials [BAC] like me for example - won't be easily persuaded by the bank bears.

Over the years, I have found that I often become more bearish when the time is appropriate. And I just don't feel that now is the time to be a bear. At some point? Yes. Right now? No.

As for taking profits, why not? Consider taking the gains in the specific stocks DAC identified in his article and put [some of] that capital to work in BAC. I recommend playing (1) the common or preferred shares OR (2) January 2013 in and near-the-money calls. I think BAC could potentially have a big week, this next week (1/16/12 to 1/20/12). If you play BAC as I have outlined (reference link below), I believe you'll thank me later.

If interested, take a moment to review my article on BAC that was recently published here at SA, 1/10/12. Most should find it helpful.

Win or lose, I wish everyone here the best of luck!

Justin
    Jan 15, 2012. 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Potentially Setting Up For Big Move [View article]
    Shareholders.
    Jan 12, 2012. 10:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank On It: Financials Will Lead The Way In 2012 [View article]
    RS, well said. Like you, I remain long BAC.

I think we could see BAC make a BiG MOVE in the coming days / weeks. If interested, refer to my brief update at the link below.

Good luck my friend!

Justin
    Jan 9, 2012. 05:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big Move: Financials Are Positioned for Significant Advance [View instapost]
    C'mon MKW - cut me a little slack, my friend. :-)

Admittedly, I didn't time my BAC entry perfectly. Who is perfect at the game anyway? Not anyone I know.

It should be evident that I am betting against conventional wisdom, which you have clearly articulated in your comment. I will say that I do not agree with your take on BAC's management. In time, I believe their efforts will pay off. But let's set that aside. With shares trading at/near 0.3 X book and 0.75 X cash values, BAC, in my view is a great contrarian, value play. No one likes it. And precisely for that reason, inter alia, I think BAC is worth giving some serious consideration.

+ To be fair, I do think it's worth mentioning that I have established a pretty impressive track record with investors here at SA and on my site. And as you know, I don't just post things willy-nilly. There's a method to the madness; and I elected to post my take on the financials and specifically BAC now because I'm confident that the call will prove right in time. If I weren't, I would have never wasted the time.

Remember the rule: [t]rade what you see and not what you think? I believe this rule is applicable to BAC and the other financials right here and now.

I believe the negatives, which you highlighted above, are well documented, known by all, and already priced in.

And at some point, the tide turns and the doom and gloom fades. And I believe we're near or at that juncture.

As you know, I do value your opinion, but we must agree to disagree on this one.

Let's give it time and see how it plays out. I think you will be quite surprised.

Justin
    Jan 9, 2012. 04:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • New Kids' Tablet Should Help LeapFrog Jump Higher [View article]
    Thanks Noreika! Be sure to keep me posted on your progress.

Justin
    Dec 20, 2011. 01:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks Under $6 Destined To Double In 2012 [View article]
    David, nice job on the article! I share your sentiment.

Justin
    Dec 13, 2011. 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spectrum's Fusilev Sales Will Suffer As Leucovorin Shortage Is Eliminated [View article]
    Mr. Gefvert, I think you are likely on the right path here.

Without elaborating, I do believe the Fusilev patent could potentially face legal challenges. Nevertheless, I think questioning the durability of the Fusilev patent is fair.

The conspiracy theorists never cease to amaze me. It is truly mind blowing - folks with aliases espoused to a one-sided argument. Those, who are unable to see the other side - especially when shares are up nearly 200% YTD - I am afraid your days as a biotech investor will likely be cut short.

I covered SPPI extensively at SA (2009-2011) and do not own a position.

Justin M. Hall
    Dec 12, 2011. 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    HA! Bio Burt, you kill me! You came at me for TWO YEARS when I was arguing that SPPI was a good investment!

Let me guess, you now own shares of SPPI. :-)

Justin
    Dec 12, 2011. 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Stocks Goldman Sachs Is Buying [View article]
    Take a deep breath. Life is too short.
    Dec 4, 2011. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pabrai Funds' Most Recent Investment Activity [View article]
    Pimlico, take a deep breath. Life is too short.
    Dec 4, 2011. 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks With Notable Options Volume [View article]
    Brian, thank you for posting this update.

Justin M. Hall
    Rx Investors.com
    Dec 4, 2011. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Stocks Goldman Sachs Is Buying [View article]
    Thanks for this update Rash.

Justin
    Dec 4, 2011. 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tier 1 Core Capital Ratio Of 21 Developed Market Banks [View article]
    David, I really appreciate the information in this article. Thank you.

I encourage you to specifically disclose the positions that you are currently holding.

Thanks again.

Justin M. Hall
    Rx Investors.com
    Dec 4, 2011. 03:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Major Bank Investments That Could Surge In January [View article]
    Good work again Hawk! Like you, I remain long BAC.

Justin M. Hall
    Dec 1, 2011. 09:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are The Major Banks Near A Generational Bottom? [View article]
    Mr. Umina or Len recently commented under an article entitled, "How We Should Be Preparing For The Next Banking Crisis":

"There's one way to force the system. The People still control the Jury System. Lets all agree that anyone who sues a bank for fraud, corruption, conspiracy related to a foreclosure wins their case regardless of the facts. That's fighting fire with fire. It would take about 3 months of awards against the banks to force a corrective action sufficient to restore confidence in the banks."

Regardless of the facts? Seriously? That's fair and just.
    Dec 1, 2011. 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment