View Kapitall's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABT, ADBE, AGNC, ANF, ANN, APOL, AVAV, AVT, AXP, BABA, BAX, BBBY, BH, BMY, BPO, CAB, CACI, CAKE, CBL, CBOU, CBPO, CCL, CFNL, CIEN, CKEC, CMG, CYH, DECK, DF, DFZ, DKL, DKS, DLR, DNDN, DNKN, DO, DRE, DRYS, DV, DXPE, EAT, EFX, END, ESS, EWY, FB, FDX, FNGN, GEOS, GES, GILT, GM, GME, GT, GTI, HAS, HCN, HME, HOTT, HR, HST, HT, IMAX, IRBT, IRC, IRDM, ISH, JAKK, JAZZ, JCI, JCP, KOP, KR, KRA, L, LEE, LF, LLL, LPX, LUV, M, MAN, MAT, MCD, MCHP, MCY, MDC, MEI, MGAM, MNI, MNK, MON, MSM, MU, MXB, NAV, NKE, NUVA, NVS, NYT, OCZ, OII, ORCL, OTEX, PAYX, PDLI, PERY, PETS, PHM, PIR, PLCE, PLD, PNRA, RCL, REGN, RYL, SB, SBUX, SCCO, SFLY, SHFL, SIX, SJM, SJR, SKT, SPA, SPPI, STAG, STLD, SVU, T, TGT, TLK, TRLG, UA, UHS, VNO, WBA, WEC, WFM, WMT, WPG, WRE, WRI, WWE, ZIGO, ZNGA
- Will These Banking Stocks Be The Saving Grace Of Earnings Season?
- Goodbye Eurozone. Hola Latin America
- Looks Like No One Is Outright Winning The U.K. Election
- The Smart Beta Craze Is Here, And It Shows No Signs Of Stopping
- Hedge Funds Are Growing, And They Like The Look Of These Stocks
- Nasdaq Breaks 5000: Is A New High On The Horizon?
- Disney World Tickets Are Pricier Than Ever
- Will Valentine's Day Help These Jewelry Retailers' Inventory Problems?
These 3 High-ROE Stocks Are More Profitable Than Their Peers
- Fundamental analysis is all about figuring out a company's value; Technical analysis, on the other hand, is all about the market and where it's going.
- ROE is a profitability measurement that expresses a company's profits as a percentage of shareholder equity.
- We screened for high ROE stocks that also have a return on assets greater than the industry average and a return on investment greater than the industry average.
- We narrowed down our group to stocks that are more profitable than their peers on a TTM basis.
Hedge Funds Are Buying These 9 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs
- The S&P 500 (SPX) ended has reached yet another high, last Thursday marking the 28th record close set this year.
- Some still doubt the sustainability of the bull market, which is currently in its fifth year, while others believe there are still more highs in store.
- We screened for stocks with significant net purchases by institutional investors in the current quarter.
Japanese Stocks With Low P/FCF Ratios Win Big With A Tax Cut
- Japan's failure to realize the goals of its economic reform plan could dampen future expectations, and it has raised concerns over the country's finances.
- The IMF expects Japan's growth to slow to 1.1% in 2015 as the country enacts Abe's third arrow initiatives and grapples with a shrinking workforce.
- Abe's policies, the IMF notes, have potential to help the economy in the long term, but short-term success is less certain.
7 Stocks With High Sales Growth To Watch After Yesterday's GDP Data
- The US economy rebounded with a better-than-expected 4% annualized growth rate in the second quarter.
- A 2.5% jump in consumer spending along with a 5.5% increase in business investment and a 9.5% surge in exports helped drive the economy to its best performance since 2013.
- We screened for stocks with revenue growth higher than inventory, high sales growth and undervalued PEG that will benefit from this news.
6 Consumer Discretionary Stocks With Encouraging Return On Equity
- The Conference Board's Index of Consumer Confidence reached a 7-year high in July.
- Discretionary goods will benefit most from higher levels of consumer confidence.
- We screened for standout companies in this sector using encouraging ROE trends and DuPont breakdowns.
2 Undervalued Companies With Consistent Upside Earnings Surprises
- Due to a positive earnings environment, this earnings season many stocks have beaten estimates.
- Of the 900 companies reporting earnings this week, 126 have a history of positive earnings surprises.
- Of those companies, 19 are undervalued with a PEG ratio below 1, and 7 have outperformed the market this month.
- Of those 7 firms, 2 have had upward revisions of their EPS estimates within the last 30 days, suggesting that analysts are more optimistic about the stocks’ performances.
4 Undervalued Stocks Under $5 With Ratings Of 'Strong Buy'
- Corporate mergers announced this week may signal another leg of the bull market.
- We screened for companies that have strong analyst recommendations and good levered free cash flow to enterprise value ratios to find companies that would follow the trend.
- We found 4 stocks in various sectors that may be undervalued.
Will These Discount Retail Stocks Benefit From Americans' Summer Cost Cutting?
- A new Gallup poll reveals Americans are watching their spending habits.
- Slow growth in consumer spending coupled with the poll results suggest that several Americans remain particularly budget-conscious these days.
- Rising earnings per share in discount retailers may signal growth in that sector.
These Rallying Entertainment Stocks Are Gearing Up For Comic-Con
- Comic-Con International kicks off in San Diego today.
- In total, over 130,000 people are expected to attend this year's Comic-Con; however, the convention's reach extends well past the crowd descending upon San Diego.
- An enthusiastic response from the Comic-Con crowd could send momentum entertainment stocks up even more.
Analysts Raised Their Earnings Estimates For These Undervalued Stocks
- Positive earnings surprises can drive up share prices significantly.
- One indicator that shares may be undervalued relative to earnings is an EPS/Price mismatch.
- Another indicator that shares may be undervalued is significant short covering.
These Clothing Stocks Are Clearing Inventory As Jean Makers Struggle
- Shifting fashion tastes have led women to chose leggings (and jeggings) over jeans and have pushed men towards chinos.
- Three major clothing companies have reported a drop in American jeans revenue this month: Guess Jeans, Levi Strauss, and VF Corp, which manufactures Lee and Wrangler jeans.
- But not every jean maker was affected by waning interest in jeans: Premium denim company Joe's Jeans reported a 56% increase in second-quarter revenue, raking in $48.2 million.
- To find other potential winners in this sector we screened for encouraging inventory trends.
8 Financial Sector Stocks That May Follow The Upside Trend
- Financial stocks have beaten earnings estimates for a variety of reasons this quarter.
- To develop this trend we screened for financial stocks with four straight quarters of positive, estimate-beating earnings reports, with an average surprise of at least 5%.
- We further screened for stocks that are undervalued with a price/earnings to growth (PEG) ratio below 1.
2 Stocks To Benefit From Rising Rates And Volatility
- Richard Fisher thinks the Fed needs to let go of its accommodative monetary policy because the low interest rates and abundant cash are giving investors "beer goggles."
- Valuation concerns, particularly in social media and biotech, remain an issue for many, and a number of investors also expect volatility to rise over the next six months.
- Potentially undervalued Lakes Entertainment and Federal Agricultural Mortgage have a lot of cash on hand and tend to rise with the VIX.
Funds Are Buying These 5 Rallying Stocks Under $5
- The Russell 2000 split with the Dow Jones last Tuesday, losing more than 1% while the Dow edged up on favorable news from the financial sector.
- Janet Yellen announced her concern about valuations amongst smaller internet and biotechnology firms that threw a pall on those popular small-cap stocks.
- Stocks with positive insider buying trends may be undervalued relative to their peers in the sector.
6 Big Banking Stocks Trading 25% Below Their Graham Number
- Big banking stocks have rallied since Goldman Sachs reported earnings.
- Banking stocks have underperformed so far this year.
- Undervalued banking stocks may be ready for a bounce.
6 Leisure And Entertainment Stocks With Encouraging Inventory Trends
- Sales of RVs are an undervalued metric for gauging the health of the economy.
- When RV sales pick up, it's often seen as a strong indicator of growing household confidence.
- Thor Industries, maker of recreational vehicles, had a pretty good year, returning 6% so far.
Rallying Chinese Stocks: How To Play China Bulls
- The MSCI Hong Kong Index had consistently outperformed the MSCI China Index from July 2010 to January 2014, rallying 160% in the period.
- Recently, however, investors have been trading their Hong Kong shares for Chinese ones.
- To locate momentum Chinese stocks, we screened for significant net institutional purchases and stocks that are rallying above their 20-day, 50-day, and 200-day simple moving averages.
Rise In International Tourism Means Earnings Growth For These 5 Stocks
- The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) expects 2014 to be another record-breaking year with 4-4.5% growth in international tourist arrivals.
- The UNWTO foresees between 1.13 billion and 1.136 billion international arrivals taking place this year.
- Looking forward, Fidelity states that the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry’s average projected EPS growth between this year and the following year is 20.77%.
Dividend Stocks With No Debt, High Yields And Under $15
- Investors want yields, and dividend stocks currently offer the best ones.
- However, high yields aren't the only factors investors should take into consideration when selecting dividend stocks.
- Debt/equity gives investors a picture of how much equity and debt a company is using to pay for its assets. It's calculated by dividing total liabilities by stockholders' equity.
Analysts Like These Undervalued Canadian Companies With A Green Reputation
- Canada's environmental policy has fallen to the wayside as Prime Minister Stephen Harper pushes to transform the country into a global energy superpower.
- In 2006, Canada was ranked eighth on the Yale and Columbia University Environmental Performance Index, which ranks countries according to how they rate on environmental friendliness.
- Environmentally-conscious Canadian companies may suffer from a hostile government environment.
Are The Short Sellers Right About These 8 Stocks?
- Daniel Yu is a crusading short seller who has earned the name "the Dark Knight."
- Following his lead, we looked for overvalued stocks that are due for a correction.
- We screened for stocks that have seen a spike in short selling in the last three months.
Dividend Watch: 3 Stocks With Upcoming Ex-Dividend Dates
- Dividend stocks are offering payouts that federal bonds have yet to match or beat.
- 423 of the stocks on the S&P 500 index pay dividends, a sixteen-year high.
- Companies with high ROE are better-equipped to continue paying and increase their dividends than those with low ROE.
Insiders Are Buying Shares Of These 4 Stocks Under 10 Dollars
- Insider buying is a carefully watched metric for investing in small-cap stocks.
- Insider buying in medium- to large-cap companies doesn't tell you as much as for small-cap companies.
- In small companies, employees have a better picture of possible stock performance.
5 Rallying S&P 500 Stocks With Encouraging Accounts Receivable
- Despite forward-and-back movements, the S&P 500 continues to hit new highs.
- The most recent employment report suggests the economy is recovering.
- But investors should be careful to avoid getting burned by a correction in stocks or premature hope for robust economic growth.