View as an RSS Feed
View Kapitall's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABT, ADBE, AGNC, ANF, ANN, APOL, AVAV, AVT, AXP, BABA, BAX, BBBY, BH, BMY, BPO, CAB, CACI, CAKE, CBL, CBOU, CBPO, CCL, CFNL, CIEN, CKEC, CMG, CYH, DECK, DF, DFZ, DKL, DKS, DLR, DNDN, DNKN, DO, DRE, DRYS, DV, DXPE, EAT, EFX, END, ESS, EWY, FB, FDX, FNGN, GEOS, GES, GILT, GM, GME, GRT, GT, GTI, HAS, HCN, HME, HOTT, HR, HST, HT, IMAX, IRBT, IRC, IRDM, ISH, JAKK, JAZZ, JCI, JCP, KOP, KR, KRA, L, LEE, LF, LLL, LPX, LUV, M, MAN, MAT, MCD, MCHP, MCY, MDC, MEI, MGAM, MNI, MON, MSM, MU, MXB, NAV, NKE, NUVA, NVS, NYT, OCZ, OII, ORCL, OTEX, PAYX, PDLI, PERY, PETS, PHM, PIR, PLCE, PLD, PNRA, QCOR, RCL, REGN, RYL, SB, SBUX, SCCO, SFLY, SHFL, SIX, SJM, SJR, SKT, SPA, SPPI, STAG, STLD, SVU, T, TGT, TLK, TRLG, UA, UHS, VNO, WAG, WEC, WFM, WMT, WRE, WRI, WWE, ZIGO, ZNGA
3 Stocks Under $10 With Dividend Yields Above 11%
- High dividend yields are sometimes a cover for fundamental problems.
- Income investors may prefer cash dividends to equity growth.
- In a period of market uncertainty, fluctuating returns on equity may be hedged by income plays.
Lumber Stocks Could Provide Value Investors With Steady Returns
- The lumber industry took a hit with the collapse of the housing market in 2008.
- Housing starts are projected to increase by 26% this year.
- US lumber mills have low costs and are globally competitive.
2 Toy Stocks Present A Gift For Mature Investors
- Hasbro shares rallied following the company’s first quarter earnings release, which revealed a roughly $40 million increase in profit from 2013.
- Competitor JAKKS Pacific is also rallying, and will release its first quarter earnings on Wednesday.
- Institutional investors and insiders purchased significant shares of JAKKS in the fourth quarter.
- JAKKS’ industry-leading inventory turnover ratio combined with licenses for high-profile films could bode well for sales throughout the rest of the year.
Farm And Machinery Stocks Nicely Supplement Growth In Agriculture
- Agriculture will see higher margins as world food demand soars.
- Institutional investors haven't been interested in this sector, but that may be about to change.
- Agricultural support industries offer both value and growth.
5 Food Stocks Prepping For BBQ Season
- Drought conditions have contributed to one of the lowest cattle inventories in decades.
- Low cattle inventory leads to rising wholesale and retail prices, and have driven beef prices to record highs ahead of grilling season.
- Consumers are expected to turn to poultry and pork during grilling season as more affordable alternatives to beef.
- Tyson Foods’ encouraging inventory trends, DuPont analysis, and record operating income from its chicken segment suggest that the company is well-positioned to capitalize on poultry demand this summer.
3 Basic Materials Plays With Large Short Positions And Insider Buying
- Macro conditions in China and elsewhere have excited short sellers in basic materials stocks.
- Fundamental strength in these stocks may be indicated by insider buying.
- If fundamentals win out over macroeconomic pessimism, stock values may benefit from a short squeeze.
Critical Shortage Of Injectables Create Opportunity For Drugmakers
- There are over 60 different cases of drug shortages in the US, and most are generic sterile injectables.
- Generic sterile injectables is a $20 billion industry projected to grow by $10 billion by 2018.
- Low profit margin, strict regulation, and costly investments are turning companies away from the industry, leaving profitable opportunities for firms that remain.
These 3 Communications Companies See Upside From FCC, Supreme Court Ruling
- FCC issued ban to local television stations, prohibiting joint sales agreements (JSAs) between television stations.
- The JSA ruling will lead to less revenue for stations that take over ad sales for their market competitors.
- Spanish-language media company Entravision Communications only has seven JSAs, considerably fewer than peers Sinclair Broadcast Group and Nexstar Broadcasting Group, leaving it less affected by the loss of revenue.
- Midterm elections and recent Supreme Court decision lifting aggregate federal campaign contribution limits could lead to greater revenue for Entravision.
Chilean Economy Could Hold Some Value For Stocks
- Growth in emerging economies has cooled in the last two quarters.
- BRIC countries are particularly weak due to economic and political factors.
- Chile, on the other hand, continues to show robust growth.
Coffee Wars Heat Up As Profits Rise On Global Expansion
- Coffee is a $30-$32 billion industry in the US, the world’s top consumer of the beverage.
- Cafes, e.g., Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks, are the fastest growing segment within the fast food industry as 32% of Americans get coffee outside the home.
- DuPont analysis reveals that profit margin and asset turnover are driving Dunkin’ Donuts’ return on equity.
Energize Your Portfolio With NRG And Exelon
- Oil drillers profits have been high, but they are set to shrink.
- Future industry weakness may create low P/E for off-shore drillers, which creates value trap for investors.
- Clean energy producers continue to grow.
The Coming m-Commerce Tsunami: Who Will Ride The Wave And Who Will Be Sunk?
- Mobile commerce (m-commerce) will become the largest share of e-commerce soon.
- m-commerce will be in excess of $200 billion this year, and that number will triple by 2017.
- Three industries are vying for dominance in this emerging market.
5 Utility Stocks Paying A Dividend Of 5% Or Higher
- Dividends can generate growth, but usually dividend seekers are looking for safety.
- Utility stocks are classic defensive dividend plays.
- The careful investor will look at a utility's weighted average cost of capital as well as dividend yield.
These Value Stocks Have The Right Chemistry For Your Portfolio
- The chemicals sector will grow faster than the economy for the foreseeable future.
- Chemical exports are also expected to grow.
- Two American chemical firms are poised to outperform along with these macro trends.
A Toast To Profits: Top Brewer Stocks
- "Sin" stocks are good for growth and revenue.
- Beer producers have gained market share for several years.
- "Session" beers are popular and allow a consumer to have more without getting too dunk.
Increased Demand For Tires Could Inflate Goodyear's Stock Price
- China's appetite for synthetic rubber is $7.8B per year.
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber is well positioned to benefit from secular rise in rubber consumption.
- Goodyear is also profitable, well-run company with solid financials.
Which 5 Companies Will Profit From The Internet Of Things?
- The Internet of Things will grow 347% in the next four years.
- The growth of the IoT will eclipse the human use internet before the end of the decade.
- The Internet of Things winners may not be your typical tech companies.
Cruise Into Profits With Royal Caribbean
- 81 million people will soon retire.
- Improved health care means seniors are healthier and more active.
- Retirees like to travel.
Inverse ETFs Are The Best Play For A Falling Market
- The market may be reaching a top.
- Shorting individual stocks is risky.
- Short ETFs allow investors to hedge with more security.
Is There A Safe Way To Play The Crisis In Ukraine?
- The tensions in Ukraine present a potential "black swan" for markets.
- Market reaction to the upside or downside depends on both the speed at which the crisis is resolved and whether Ukraine remains autonomous.
- Stocks in different sectors with exposure to Russia and Central Europe will react differently to different outcomes. We advise a cautious strategy for investors.
- Discount Retailers For The Winter Win
- 3 Security Stocks To Play Stop And Frisk Reforms
- 3 Defensive Dividend Payers That Fit Into Any Portfolio
- Insiders Are Buying These Value Stocks
- Growth In Cyber Security Spending Looks Positive For Security Stocks
- A Value Case For CACI International
- Screen Carmike Cinemas For Growth Opportunities
- Avnet's Case For A Bull Market
- The Resurgence Of The REITs
- Pick Up These Value Stocks While They're On Sale
- Putin And Potash: A Potentially Explosive Combo
- Asian Stocks To Watch Amid Growth Expectations For 2014