View as an RSS Feed
Many Sharp Minds Are Invested Long In Tekmira
- Tekmira is volatile enough that money can be made both long and short due to Ebola related news. Shorting is too risky unless you are a full time technical trader.
- Tekmira is an RNA interference “RNAi” developer with the delivery technology to effectively use the therapy.
- I don’t like betting against the Baker Brothers. They are heavily invested in RNAi therapeutics between Tekmira and Alnylam along with many other institutions.
Ebola Treated With GlaxoSmithKline Subsidiary HIV Product
- GSK is one of the companies recently thrust into the news due to the current Ebola outbreak.
- While working on a vaccine against Ebola a Dr in Liberia has started using their HIV drug lamivudine successfully against Ebola.
- This method is bypassing trials and there are risks. But, it’s approved for human use and ready to go.
Regulatory Support Creates Opportunity For Antibiotic Makers Otonomy And Cellceutix
- Antibiotic resistance is such a significant threat to the achievements of modern medicine that we are now seeing regulatory support for companies developing antibiotics.
- Growing opportunities are opening up for developmental stage biotechs in the field of antibiotics that haven’t existed in the past.
- Investors suddenly have more choices and following are some options.
Update: Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp. Has A Framework To Treat Ebola Patients
- The FDA and Health Canada have created a framework and protocol to allow Tekmira to treat confirmed or suspected Ebola cases.
- The therapy has now been used in patients with Ebola.
- It was anticipated to happen, but not the timing.
Update: Cellceutix Calls Out To President Obama About Brilacidin
- On September 19, 2014, CTIX issued a bold press release about a new Executive Order relating to antibiotic resistance.
- The company expects top line data from the Brilacidin Phase 2b trial to be positive. The entire defensin-mimetic portfolio is expected to be supported by the new Presidential Order.
- President Obama’s signing of the Executive Order on September 18, 2014 to combat the threat from bacteria resistant to current antibiotic treatment was unexpected. This changes the antibiotic space.
Update: Cellceutix's Antibiotic Brilacidin Should Move Share Price Before Kevetrin Or Prurisol
- Brilacidin highlighted at Rodman & Renshaw and in a press release September 9, 2014.
- Brilacidin is poised to move the share price before Kevetrin or Prurisol do.
- At the time of original article, Cellceutix didn't have Brilacidin in the pipeline.
4 Companies To Look At After WHO Ebola Consultation In Geneva
- The current Ebola outbreak has thrust four companies prominently into the news with their therapies and/or vaccines. Three are publicly traded, and one is privately held.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) consultation of September 4-5 in Geneva came out with a plan to test some of these experimental vaccines and therapies.
- The common risks these companies face.
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Is More Than Just A Short-Term Ebola Trade
- Ebola has thrust a virtually unknown company into the spotlight. Unknown to average retail investors, but, not unknown in its industry, Tekmira has some interesting technology and partners.
- The pipeline may turn this into a longer-term hold once the volatility subsides.
- TKM-Ebola and why it’s currently ahead of the competition.
- Interview With Leo Ehrlich, Cellceutix CEO Following Acquisition Of PolyMedix Assets
- Holloman Energy Corp.: Drilling To Start In Australia's Cooper Basin Any Day Now
- International Stem Cell Solves Immune Rejection Issue For Significant Segment Of Population
- An Interview With Leo Ehrlich, Cellceutix CEO
- Which Drug Moves Cellceutix First: Kevetrin Or Prurisol?
- Why The Aspire Deal Is A Winner For Cellceutix Shareholders
- Watch Cellceutix Closely For Potential Catalysts In 2013