KarinCA

View KarinCA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Is More Than Just A Short-Term Ebola Trade [View article]
    rootbeer... I found a hint that TKM-ebola may have been used to treat Dr Sacra in Nebraska. Everything in the news speaks of Dr Sacra receiving blood serum along with seven doses of an as yet unnamed experimental therapy.

While doing a bit more digging on Tekmira's therapies I discovered that one of the preclinicals on primates gave rhesus macaques a seven day dosage. Following is a table showing trial results:

Study 2 done with seven days dosing clearly showed better efficacy to the four days dosing of study 1.

It's a bit of a coincidence that Dr Sacra received seven days of dosing of an experimental drug.

The other possibility, Sarepta, has made it clear it isn't their drug. Even if it is TKM-ebola that was used, one person isn't enough to judge efficacy in humans. Larger scale testing in the field is needed.

Pure speculation on my part, but, that hint was the best I've been able to find thus far in trying to narrow down which drug was used. Especially, since it could be a drug from a company that isn't on the radar yet. Hopefully, someone that knows more will post.
    Sep 22 03:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Cellceutix Calls Out To President Obama About Brilacidin [View article]
    someconcerns... It will be interesting to see if the company ends up with some sort of grant money from the government as so many get for ebola therapies.

Grant money from the government or a partnership/licensing with a large pharma? It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Of course, that is assuming the results are positive after the unblinding.

The quote from the September 09, 2014 press release says the odds of it being positive are high:

“The data shows that by Day 7, the average cure rate for all four treatment arms was higher than what was observed in the phase 2a study, and similar to - if not higher than - cure rates reported for common ABSSSI drugs, as well as those approved this year. Because 3/4 of the patients in this study were treated with Brilacidin, this high average cure rate is heavily influenced by Brilacidin, and less influenced by daptomycin, which only 1/4 patients received. This also means that the two single-dose treatment arms are providing half of the data toward this positive average cure rate; and if these data hold up, a single-dose regimen of Brilacidin would be the Company's Phase 3 study design."
    Sep 21 06:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    widmannv... Brilacidin is simply the drug that will have definitive trial results first. Kevetrin and Prurisol are up next. ;)

The $CTIX pipeline can be found here:
    Sep 21 06:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The original article/interview that this updates is:

"Interview With Leo Ehrlich, Cellceutix CEO Following Acquisition of Polymedix Assets."
    Sep 21 03:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Cellceutix's Antibiotic Brilacidin Should Move Share Price Before Kevetrin Or Prurisol [View article]
    thementany... Antibiotics and the resistance problem is heavy in the news. The masses may soon start taking notice after the unbinding of positive trial data for Brilacidin. Positive results are expected based on what I'm reading here:

Quote:
    "The data shows that by Day 7, the average cure rate for all four treatment arms was higher than what was observed in the phase 2a study, and similar to – if not higher than – cure rates reported for common ABSSSI drugs, as well as those approved this year. Because 3/4 of the patients in this study were treated with Brilacidin, this high average cure rate is heavily influenced by Brilacidin, and less influenced by daptomycin, which only 1/4 patients received. This also means that the two single-dose treatment arms are providing half of the data toward this positive average cure rate; and if these data hold up, a single-dose regimen of Brilacidin would be the Company’s Phase 3 study design."
    Sep 20 01:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hope4Future... Look at the following link periodically. You'll find more listed by the end of the year: http://1.usa.gov/1jHYE5I
    Sep 17 12:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hope4Future... It was part of a private share transaction between Menon and Aruda as part of a settlement between the two.

Details are listed in the following 8k:

Sep 17 12:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Matija... I agree with Jim... Your post was great. And, I heartily agree that those not understanding the high risk of biotech shouldn't invest in it. The majority fail.

Everyone needs to do their own research and NOT rely on others. The most trustworthy make mistakes. Entry and exit points make a trade good or bad.

It also gets down to trust, but, verify when looking at someone else's research.

Thanks for commenting. ;)
    Sep 16 08:16 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hope4Future... Nothing to be confused about. Saying I'm not a "day trader" isn't saying I'm not a "trader". I do mostly swing trading these days. I hold very few for long periods of time. CTIX is one of the exceptions.

I'm glad you appreciate the dialogue. It's been good for me too. The SA rules didn't allow me to put as much as I'd have liked to in this update. The format has to be very short. Your questions have allowed more information to come out that is of value to all.

All is good. ;)
    Sep 16 06:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hope4Future... The shares I own really shouldn't matter to other investors. If my articles initiate interest one should go on and do their own investigating of the stock.

My holdings have grown in both size and basis since I've added more on the way up. You said to Dr Snuderl:

"If the answer is, say, 10,000 or more shares, I'm going to start from scratch and take another deep dive into this company."

The answer is that I'm holding more than 10,000 shares at a high basis since I've been buying on the way up. I won't give exact share count, and, this is the last time I'll answer this question in any way on this or any other stock I write on, other than the SA required disclosure.

I'm going to be writing regularly and on stocks I may or may not hold. I don't have unlimited funds and can't buy all I like. Lack of ownership won't prevent me from giving opinions on stocks I find interesting. The reality is I research a lot now that I'm not a day trader anymore. I might as well put the research to use. ;)

$CTIX is a long term position for me and it takes up a good percentage of my account. That is why I watch it very closely. Even more so than when I first wrote about it. It's my largest holding, but, not my only holding. My trading rules won't allow me to go all in on just one stock. There are no guarantees in the stock market.

Good luck in your trading/investing.
    Sep 16 04:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Lame Shall Walk [View instapost]
    $RWLK ...You are correct. This device will help many paraplegics. It will be interesting to see what the share price does.
    Sep 16 01:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $CTIX 10K filed today 9.15.14 : http://1.usa.gov/YMnMUm
    Sep 15 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Fast Lane... Interesting that you mention them. They are only about an hour away from me at the moment. I may give a call and ask for an interview. Hmmm....

Seriously, they haven't mentioned Ebola in a press release since 2010. I doubt they'd be a serious contender.
    Sep 15 03:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    As I said elsewhere, there are three companies ready and waiting for a decision on which drugs to mass produce. Patent issues aren't a concern. These companies already do this type of work for others on a regular basis. The legal framework is already set up.

Plus, according to the WHO transcript there will only be a need for 100 to 200 doses to test the experimental treatments. TKMR will be able to do 20 to 25 of them now due to what they have made for their phase I trial. The rest will be available around the first of the year. If it's found to work in humans as well as in the primates the mass production will start immediately.

There are vaccines already ramping up production by various companies. But, treatments are another story. Based on what I know at this point in time, TKMR will be able to ramp up an experimental treatment the quickest of the bunch.

ZMapp production takes a bit longer, but, it will also be ramped up.

Things are changing rapidly and another company could suddenly enter the mix as a serious contender.

Survivors blood may even end up as a viable treatment for some. Care needs taken to avoid contamination with HIV and other diseases.

Time will tell how it all works out.
    Sep 15 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hope4Future... If $CTIX hadn’t kept investors in the loop as to what cohort the Kevetrin trial is in and, periodic updates on some of the delays I’d be concerned. My early concern was the safety aspect of the trial. That concern has all but evaporated now that the trial is starting the 9th cohort at a much higher dosage. That tells me the safety aspect is going well and that we'll see future trials to better determine Kevetrin efficacy as a stand alone drug or in combination with other drugs. I’m hoping we see cohort 10 with yet increased dosages before the trial is stopped. Remember, this trial is dealing with stage 4 cancer patients. They are the most delicate of the delicate.

My initial interest in biotech and the stem cell sector was due to my own medical issues and those of friends and family. It’s only recently that I started writing about these companies. December 10, 2012 is when my first article was published. And, that was due to a lot of misinformation out on this company.

I started writing again on August 27, 2014 for the same reason. A lot of misinformation was out on stocks related to Ebola treatments or vaccines. So, I put together an article on $TKMR which lists all of the competition I could find at that time. My thoughts were such that it would be a good jumping board for research for those that want to invest in that arena. See: “Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Is More Than Just A Short-Term Ebola Trade” http://bit.ly/1C7lrlN

During my interviews with Leo Ehrlich, the CEO of Cellceutix I decided I trust him. That is just my opinion, but, it’s one I need to have for the high percentage of my account in $CTIX. I understand the risks in all stocks, and especially biotechnology. This trust is of paramount importance to me and I still follow my trading rules that keep me from going all in, as tempting as it is for me.

I’m a full time trader/investor with heavy focus in the biotech arena. I only give my opinions followed with as much fact as I can find. I’m not an investment advisor and only trade my own accounts.

Again, thank you for reading my work. My intention is to start writing regularly from this point on since I do the research anyway. Hopefully, you’ll consider following and reading all of it. Either way, I wish you the best. ;)
    Sep 14 11:02 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment