Keep It Simple

View Keep It Simple's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Report: Apple board pressuring Cook over "pace of innovation" [View news story]
    Anything about Apple from FOX is BONUS.
    Aug 8 08:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple roundup: Motorola ITC suit revived, new iPhone image leaks [View news story]
    Same here.

I've personally seen 3 coworkers get work phones, which happen to be their only cell phones, at a Verizon store. All of these people never owned a smartphone before, so they would be considered perfect examples for this CIRP Survey. So what happens? Two of the 3 people purchase a Windows Nokia phones because that's what the salesman recommends and they could care less. Those two got a free upgrade so why would they care. The 3rd person called their son to ask what they should get and the son recommended the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 was $199 and our company covered half of that cost. So this person shelled out the other $100 out of their own pocket for an iPhone because they cared about their "new" smartphone experience. And that falls in line exactly with the 1/3 CIRP survey results. It's at a much smaller scale, but it's also interesting to see the similarities.
    Aug 7 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Can someone please ban Uncle Sherbert over here?

His pushy BBRY and BB10 posts are annoying as hell. Make like A-Rod and GO AWAY!!!
    Aug 6 03:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Few Signs Of Trouble [View article]
    Yay, let's do an evaluation on Apple at their lowest point in the product cycle. Silly...

Let's get real here people, Apple will be introducing many upgraded products and most lilely even a few new product categories. Apple doesn't rush their product lines just to satifsy numbers on a quarter by quarter basis. They are in it for the long haul.
    Aug 6 12:26 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Few Signs Of Trouble [View article]
    RIM is not the future...

Abandon ship, Uncle Sherbet! Abandon ship!
    Aug 6 12:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Q4 Expected EPS Of $7.78 Based On Guidance And Past History [View article]
    Please go buy your Google, Ford and Amazon stock.

I'll stick with my long term AAPL holding.
    Aug 6 12:18 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    Your math is way off, omni.

The iPhone 5C will cost Apple about $150 to make, and they'll sell it for roughly $300 and net nearly 50% gross margins.
    Aug 6 01:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    I can't believe people believe Apple is losing money.

People obviously have no idea what they're doing in the market.
    Aug 5 09:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    My short recommendation was a joke. Thought that was made pretty clear.
    Aug 5 09:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    So not only do we have an Author that concludes shorting as a result of 3 insider sales, but we have a reader that concludes that those 3 sales were based off of their sellers worrying about the new look of iOS7.

LOL!!! I suggest you both short AAPL and buy BBRY.

But in all seriousness, you should both sit down and read Nassim Taleb's The Black Swan. You might learn a thing or two about correlation.
    Aug 5 06:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    @UncleSherbert. All I have to say to you is LOL - I'd recommend you sell your RIM, cough cough BBRY shares before they're worthless.
    Aug 5 03:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    "The plastic iPhone is like the proverbial unicorn"

Is it really, Kimbo? What would you call the 1st gen, 3G & 3GS iPhones?

This isn't Apple's first plastic iPhone rodeo.

I welcome you to take a look at my recent seeking alpha article, where I list multiple value additions for Apple by bringing the plastic iPhone 5C to market - http://bit.ly/14upYBp
    Aug 5 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Splitting AAPL stock is a very bad idea!

All splitting does is create more volatility from day traders jumping in and out of it. As a long term AAPL shareholder, I want other shareholders with similar long term interests.

Reducing the share price via a stock split only attracts turnover from worthless transients.

"People who say they’re not interested in a stock that trades for [hundreds] of dollars per share, simply for this reason, are probably not intelligent" - Warren Buffett
    Aug 5 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Supply & Demand
    Aug 5 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    I have yet to see one BB10 in person, but I guess my numbers could be off because I haven't been to Canada since February.
    Aug 5 03:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment