Keep It Simple

View Keep It Simple's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: A Few Signs Of Trouble [View article]
    Yay, let's do an evaluation on Apple at their lowest point in the product cycle. Silly...

Let's get real here people, Apple will be introducing many upgraded products and most lilely even a few new product categories. Apple doesn't rush their product lines just to satifsy numbers on a quarter by quarter basis. They are in it for the long haul.
    Aug 6, 2013. 12:26 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Few Signs Of Trouble [View article]
    RIM is not the future...

Abandon ship, Uncle Sherbet! Abandon ship!
    Aug 6, 2013. 12:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Q4 Expected EPS Of $7.78 Based On Guidance And Past History [View article]
    Please go buy your Google, Ford and Amazon stock.

I'll stick with my long term AAPL holding.
    Aug 6, 2013. 12:18 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    Your math is way off, omni.

The iPhone 5C will cost Apple about $150 to make, and they'll sell it for roughly $300 and net nearly 50% gross margins.
    Aug 6, 2013. 01:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    I can't believe people believe Apple is losing money.

People obviously have no idea what they're doing in the market.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    My short recommendation was a joke. Thought that was made pretty clear.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    So not only do we have an Author that concludes shorting as a result of 3 insider sales, but we have a reader that concludes that those 3 sales were based off of their sellers worrying about the new look of iOS7.

LOL!!! I suggest you both short AAPL and buy BBRY.

But in all seriousness, you should both sit down and read Nassim Taleb's The Black Swan. You might learn a thing or two about correlation.
    Aug 5, 2013. 06:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    @UncleSherbert. All I have to say to you is LOL - I'd recommend you sell your RIM, cough cough BBRY shares before they're worthless.
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    "The plastic iPhone is like the proverbial unicorn"

Is it really, Kimbo? What would you call the 1st gen, 3G & 3GS iPhones?

This isn't Apple's first plastic iPhone rodeo.

I welcome you to take a look at my recent seeking alpha article, where I list multiple value additions for Apple by bringing the plastic iPhone 5C to market - http://bit.ly/14upYBp
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Splitting AAPL stock is a very bad idea!

All splitting does is create more volatility from day traders jumping in and out of it. As a long term AAPL shareholder, I want other shareholders with similar long term interests.

Reducing the share price via a stock split only attracts turnover from worthless transients.

"People who say they’re not interested in a stock that trades for [hundreds] of dollars per share, simply for this reason, are probably not intelligent" - Warren Buffett
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Supply & Demand
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    I have yet to see one BB10 in person, but I guess my numbers could be off because I haven't been to Canada since February.
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    "The main reason for the proposed short entry is the intensive insider selling activity."<br>&l... not really intensive or abnormal when you consider that these sales have most likely occured due to tax purposes. When you exercise options, you are left with $X amount in gains that you will be taxed on. Most exercised options are done at a much lower share price than the current share price, in turn, necessitating a sale in order to pay that massive tax bill.<br><br&... be so quick as to label insider selling more than it really is - selling to pay taxes and probably to have a little fun money lying around.<br>
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    I told you I hated comparing car companies to tech...

But as you just mentioned above, "people buy what they can afford," and I think a lot of people will be able to afford a cheaper iPhone 5C.
    Aug 5, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    As I wrote about in my latest article, I think there are too many pros and very few cons (if any) that make the plastic iPhone 5C release imminent.

There's so much value built up in that cheap plastic phone, and I don't think Apple would release it without first making sure that similar iPhone gross margins are attainable.

And nice article! Looking forward to seeing how many shares Apple purchases in this current quarter.
    Aug 5, 2013. 01:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment