Keep It Simple

View Keep It Simple's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    So not only do we have an Author that concludes shorting as a result of 3 insider sales, but we have a reader that concludes that those 3 sales were based off of their sellers worrying about the new look of iOS7.

LOL!!! I suggest you both short AAPL and buy BBRY.

But in all seriousness, you should both sit down and read Nassim Taleb's The Black Swan. You might learn a thing or two about correlation.
    Aug 5, 2013. 06:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    @UncleSherbert. All I have to say to you is LOL - I'd recommend you sell your RIM, cough cough BBRY shares before they're worthless.
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    "The plastic iPhone is like the proverbial unicorn"

Is it really, Kimbo? What would you call the 1st gen, 3G & 3GS iPhones?

This isn't Apple's first plastic iPhone rodeo.

I welcome you to take a look at my recent seeking alpha article, where I list multiple value additions for Apple by bringing the plastic iPhone 5C to market - http://bit.ly/14upYBp
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Splitting AAPL stock is a very bad idea!

All splitting does is create more volatility from day traders jumping in and out of it. As a long term AAPL shareholder, I want other shareholders with similar long term interests.

Reducing the share price via a stock split only attracts turnover from worthless transients.

"People who say they’re not interested in a stock that trades for [hundreds] of dollars per share, simply for this reason, are probably not intelligent" - Warren Buffett
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    Supply & Demand
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not Dead [View article]
    I have yet to see one BB10 in person, but I guess my numbers could be off because I haven't been to Canada since February.
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Insiders Are Selling Apple [View article]
    "The main reason for the proposed short entry is the intensive insider selling activity."<br>&l... not really intensive or abnormal when you consider that these sales have most likely occured due to tax purposes. When you exercise options, you are left with $X amount in gains that you will be taxed on. Most exercised options are done at a much lower share price than the current share price, in turn, necessitating a sale in order to pay that massive tax bill.<br><br&... be so quick as to label insider selling more than it really is - selling to pay taxes and probably to have a little fun money lying around.<br>
    Aug 5, 2013. 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    I told you I hated comparing car companies to tech...

But as you just mentioned above, "people buy what they can afford," and I think a lot of people will be able to afford a cheaper iPhone 5C.
    Aug 5, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Catalysts For Beleaguered Apple [View article]
    As I wrote about in my latest article, I think there are too many pros and very few cons (if any) that make the plastic iPhone 5C release imminent.

There's so much value built up in that cheap plastic phone, and I don't think Apple would release it without first making sure that similar iPhone gross margins are attainable.

And nice article! Looking forward to seeing how many shares Apple purchases in this current quarter.
    Aug 5, 2013. 01:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    Sam, I agree. The Moto X is an Android competitor of other Android smartphones vs stealing current iPhone users.

Not 100% sure what Google's thought process is by manufacturing both Nexus and Moto products.
    Aug 5, 2013. 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    Thanks for your anecdote, Mary. I'd be curious to know what you see in Asia after the release of this cheaper iPhone.
    Aug 5, 2013. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    Absolutely! The 914 is another great example from Porsche. And just to clarify, the 914 replaced the outgoing 912.
    Aug 3, 2013. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    Porsche actually had one other comparable example in the cheaper version of the 911, the 912. For those of you that don't know what the 912 was, I suggest going over to wiki and finding out - http://bit.ly/16NO2uL

History has taught us a lot of lessons. One of those lessons is the 911 vs 912 production numbers. Porsche sold roughly two 912s for every 911 from 1965-1969. I'm not saying the exact same thing will happen with Apple if they launch their plastic 4" iPhone, but I think it's safe to say that something along the same lines will occur.

I know that Apple is not a car company, but Porsche's strong brand imagine has shown us that if you make one of your high-end products more affordable by deleting only a few features, people will find a way to purchase it. Why will people buy this cheaper version? Because they know that they are still going to get a great experience. Think of it as a linear chart with money spent on the y axis and experience on the x axis.
    Aug 2, 2013. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    I don't think Apple plans on compromising quality just because they are making a plastic phone. Let's not forget that Apple has already been down this plastic manufacturing road before with the 1st Gen, 3G & 3GS iPhones.
    Aug 2, 2013. 12:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Plastic 4 Inch iPhone 5C Has Lots Of Hidden Value [View article]
    I hate comparing car companies to tech, but did the Porsche Boxster take away from Porsche's "premium" brand?
    Aug 2, 2013. 12:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment